Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

So someone explain to me...

Why Haywood gets 9 million a year for six years while Shaq gets the minimum? I know Shaq can cause problems. But their stats last year were about equal, and Shaq has much more of a presence. Haywood is younger, but its not like he has any room for growth. He is in his prime now and it is not too much better than mediocre.

This isn't meant to be a debate of who is better, but more of questioning whether the difference in production is worth the 55 million commitment versus the 3 million commitment.
    Last edited by Right Round; 08-06-2010 at 05:03 PM.

Haywood is 30, and Shaq is 38. And stats don't mean everything.

I think part of the reason is because at this point in his career, Shaq has so much money that he really doesn't care about how much he's making. He would rather just help out the Celtics by signing a smaller contract so they have more cap space to make other potential moves, I guess.

I think you've jus answered it yourself, No the Celling may not be that high but with a 36+ yr old Shaq the celling is even smaller then that of haywood, at this point shaq is no more then a abvoe avg role player....His time is over what shaq should have done was stick with one of those teams he won a chip with an retired as a hero now he will be a hasbeen due to him playin well after his prime

Quote Originally Posted by Right Round View Post
    Why Haywood gets 9 million a year for six years while Shaq gets the minimum? I know Shaq can cause problems. But their stats last year were about equal, and Shaq has much more of a presence. Haywood is younger, but its not like he has any room for growth. He is in his prime now and it is not too much better than mediocre.
    Contracts are NEVER related to statistics. Contracts are given based on demand and willingness to pay.

Haywood actually plays Shaq very well ... and $9MM isn't much for a starting center who plays a lot of minutes, produces a double double frequently, and plays defense.
    Ask me about my balls ...

Here

haywood will be a BAD contract once he is 33 or 34 but for now is getting payed what is usual for starting centers.

Shaq shoudl be already in florida, and no i dont meen playing wiht the cheat, i mean s in retired
    ]

haywood is more healthier and quicker than shaq
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    So today I went to BWW with some friends because it's 50 cent per wing day. I got 24 blazin' wings because I have never had them before. It wasn't bad at the time, my mouth was on fire for a while, but it cooled off and went back to normal.

The thing is, now I just took a **** and my ******* is on fire. Not the regular, "Oh, my butt hurts a little." This is a full blown terrorism attack going on down in my butt. Is there anything I can take to help cool this horrible wild fire?

It is because Shaq is a liability on defense at this stage (even though he was never a great defender). Shaq has also turned into a pretty poor rebounder as well.

Shaq probably could have earned more money if he wasn't so selective about the team he wants to play for.

He probably could have gone to a small-market team and earned 4 or 5 million, but at this stage in his career he wants to win.

this year's free agencies and contracts don't have anything to do with anything.. that's why joe johnson gets ~$119 mil, and ~$85 mil..

plus stats don't really play that big of a role. you might need a center and you'd pay him more than a point guard who is more talented, but you are already crowded in that position.

Championship or money.