Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Suns letting Amundson go?

i was confused when i seen this because Amundson is a great player who really helped the suns with defense and rebounding, he wasn't much of an offensive player but he made his presence felt. So in my opinon he should definitely be re-signed. if he is re-signed then they will have amudson + warrick at the 4 and frye + lopez at the 5.
    Last edited by thabballfan; 08-05-2010 at 03:28 AM.

When you make a thread like this, you have to post an article that confirms it.

Here's the article:
    Amar'e Stoudemire and Channing Frye were the Suns' big men who made a lot of shots and a lot of money with their play.

Louis Amundson made a lot of friends. His popularity in Phoenix over the past two seasons prompted nearly as much local interest in his free-agency future but he said it still appears that won't keep him in Phoenix.

"It's too bad Phoenix didn't value me enough to keep me around," Amundson said. "I felt like it was a great situation and I gave everything I have. It's a business and I'm trying to have a thick skin.

"I was always concerned (about the chances). Knowing they signed Hakim Warrick and Channing for that much money ($30 million over five years), that was not a good sign."

Amundson said Charlotte, Golden State and Toronto have shown interest in signing him. His hopes of landing in Denver, near his Boulder, Colo., roots, fizzled once the Nuggets signed Al Harrington.

"We're talking pretty seriously with a lot of teams," said Amundson's agent, Mark Bartelstein, who represents another free-agent big man (Mark Blount) that has the Suns' interest. "He's the best big on the market."

Amundson, 27, averaged 4.7 points, 4.4 rebounds and 0.9 blocks in 14.8 minutes per game for the Suns last season.

"I really liked it there," Amundson said. "I don't like leaving."
    http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...son-lopez.html

solid, high character bench guy. would love him on my bobcats
    Quote Originally Posted by clutchski View Post
    I don't mean to be offending or anything, but if Lebron goes the the Bobcats, I'll eat my own poop.

AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by masalex1205 View Post
    solid, high character bench guy. would love him on bobcats
    Definately

With acquiring Warrick, I don't think they have a need for Amundson. He did excel with Nash but with Warrick, Frye and Lopez occupying most of the time down low and a large possibility of seeing Turk, Childress and Clark getting some time at the 4, there isn't much room for a guy like Amundson.

Quote Originally Posted by thabballfan View Post
    i was confused when i seen this because Amundson is a great player who really helped the suns with defense and rebounding, he wasn't much of an offensive player but he made his presence felt. So in my opinon he should definitely be re-signed. if he is re-signed then they will have amudson + warrick at the 4 and frye + lopez at the 5.

Could be a good bench guy for the right team. High energy and he's a crowd favorite.

amundson was the key for their excellent bench play last season. The Suns will pay the price this season without Amundson's rebounding.

I've met him before he's a great guy. He'd be a great pickup for any team.

great hussle player, but no talent.

Quote Originally Posted by ToLiveInDieInLA View Post
    I'm pretty sure everyone in the NBA has talent. His is rebounding and defense. On top of that he's a great hustle player.

I would love for the Lakers to sign him! No talent? I don't think you've watched him much. Just because he doesn't score a lot dos NOT mean he doesn't have talent.
    "It is our light not our dark that mst freightens us" Coach Carter

Amundson is one of those guys that you hate when he's on the other team but love when he's on yours. I was hoping the Nuggs would sign him.

I'd love to have him if LA could swing him.

Quote Originally Posted by ToLiveInDieInLA View Post
    if he had no talent he wouldnt be in the nba, dont cha think??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast