Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave Bush

Dave Bush

The fact that no one is talking about acquiring him is pretty pathetic. Teams are looking at Ted Lilly, Edwin Jackson etc, but yet no one is interested in Dave Bush? Sure, he's 5-8 and has a 4.27 ERA, but if you look at his numbers, he could very well be 7-6 or something along those lines.

Dave Bush has 13 QS's in 20 starts. To compare that number, Oswalt has 15 QS's in 20 starts.

In June, Bush had a 3.41 ERA. In July, he has a 3.81 ERA, and that includes a pathetic start in Pittsburgh.

Is there any reason why teams aren't more interested in him?

As Doug Melvin said yesterday:

"I get a kick out of teams talking about all of these other pitchers, and [Bush] has more quality starts than all of them," general manager Doug Melvin said. "He's pitched as well or better than some of these names I hear on the trade front.
    Bush is a very good pitcher, that get's really no good recgonization. He isn't an all-star, but he'll eat you innings, and give you quality starts.

His WHIP is also over 1.50 and he is having the best season of his career...

I wonder why no teams are calling...
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

This is just like the Bautista thread but with a pitcher instead of a hitter.
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBomb255 View Post
    Is there any reason why teams aren't more interested in him?
    His peripheral stats are terrible, his stuff is terrible and he won't garner any compensation picks after the season which means a team can't recoup some of the value they give up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big E
    you over rate OBP. especially for the White Sox who leave countless in scoring position. RBI is a way more important stat then OBP anyday.

Yeah, it helps that 13 of his runs given up this year are unearned. That lowers his ERA from 5.3 to 4.27. He really doesn't pitch more than 6IP either.

Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxfan83 View Post
    This is just like the Bautista thread but with a pitcher instead of a hitter.
    Bautista is leading the league in home runs, how is a pitcher having a career year (not ranked really in anything) like a hitter who's having a career year who's top 10 in a lot of offensive stats

Quote Originally Posted by GeekInThePink View Post
    Bautista is leading the league in home runs, how is a pitcher having a career year (not ranked really in anything) like a hitter who's having a career year who's top 10 in a lot of offensive stats
    Both are anomaly's.

It's pretty damn clear, unless you're just kidding yourself, that Bautista isn't likely to continue his power surge much longer. He still can't hit for average but his OBP isn't much higher either. In fact, nothing about Bautista has changed much except for his power numbers. To believe that he can continue that is ignorant (just as believing Bush can continue to keep his ERA down with his current peripherals is ignorant)
    Last edited by redwhitenblue; 07-27-2010 at 07:13 PM.

Bautista has been hitting ever since he's started for the Blue Jays last year, to believe his power is just going to go away is ignorant and comparing him to Matt Bush is stupid

At his very best, Bush is a #5 pitcher. Most of the time, he is a spot starter/long reliever. As many have said, look at his periphial numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekInThePink View Post
    Bautista has been hitting ever since he's started for the Blue Jays last year, to believe his power is just going to go away is ignorant and comparing him to Matt Bush is stupid
    Bautista hasn't been hitting ANY differently since "starting" than he did the previous 6 seasons except that his power spiked this year. His average is still low, his OBP is still similar to last year and in the good, not great range. The only difference is the power surge (hmm...surprisingly, another Toronto player had a power surge this year too, Alex Gonzalez, I guess he's a good bet to continue as well).

I truly pray Toronto holds onto Bautista and passes up several offers. I'd LOVE to watch him 'continue' his flukey power surge.

Quote Originally Posted by redwhitenblue View Post
    Both are anamoly's.
    Who the hell is "anomoly" and why do Bautista and Bush belong to him/her/it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Gruber View Post
    Who the hell is "anomoly" and why do Bautista and Bush belong to him/her/it?
    Christ, corrected spelling, sorry ma'am.

4 million is too much for mediocre bush.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Because people have had it with guys named Bush.

Frankly, Dave Bush isn't good enough for the Brewers starting 5, why should he be good enough for a contender....this is coming from a Brewers Fan. I see what you are saying though with him being better than Edwin Jackson and not getting ANY attention.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast