Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172
Results 1,066 to 1,075 of 1075

I hate when you drop a link with no context. What's your opinion of what you've linked? What's the major point of the link? Are you a boob man or an *** man?

its a top 30 prospect article.

boobs all the way

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2020/1/...detroit-tigers

Not sure whom the Tigers should take at #1, but what a blah year to have the #1 pick. Hopefully a high school talent steps up because I would prefer a high school kid over a college guy tbh.

Ahoda, I think the perfect fit for us is in this year's draft. The player I have been waiting for is there for the taking. He is the perfect top of the order guy, a leader, and an on base percentage wonder. Austin Martin from Vandy. The dude plays in a pitcher heavy SEC conference and just hits and hits. He is also a very good fielder as well. He played 3B last year but is moving to SS this season. If he proves he can play SS (which it sounds as if scouts feel he can) then that is just another feather in his cap. Here's what I am finding on line:

.503 on base percentage- just unheard of in baseball, had more BB than SO last season

Solid defense at 3B, 2B, and now trying out SS this season- plus fielder

Improving power- went from 1 HR to 10 HR and scouts rave about his barrel on the ball with a 95+ VELO

20+ base stealing ability- has averaged 20 SB in his two years of college, opportunities abound since he's on base all the time.

Ideal top of the order hitter- just gets on base and then makes things happen.

70 hitter rating by most scouts- plus feel for strike zone and barrel contact is incredible

Team leader- he sets the tone for the other players with his excitement and leadership.

This is a guy that this team needs. He will get to the MLB quickly and have an effect on the field and in the clubhouse. I am a huge "on base" guy and this is the best one to come out in years. His game is solid all around and I think he could be a franchise changer in the field. Plays a lot like Altuve but is a better fielder, IMO. IF we pass on this guy for someone like Torkelson (who relies on power rather than on base) then Avila will be regretting it for a VERY long time.

My only issue with a college guy this year is that I see this team 4 years away from competing and by then a college guy will be in his 2nd/3rd year up and about to get expensive if he pans out like he should. High school kid will just be starting his clock time.

Just how I see it, but you should always take the best player in a draft no matter high school or college, so if it's a pitcher take him regardless and figure it out later.

I don’t think they’re 4 years from competing, 2 or 3 depending on how aggressive they add in FA. A HS bat won’t be ready by the time the arms start graduating to the majors but a high end college bat should be. Martin should be a great pick for the Tigers. Time will tell, maybe someone breaks out or Martin struggles but as things stand now the Tigers should be excited at the chance to pick first this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    https://www.blessyouboys.com/2020/1/...detroit-tigers

Not sure whom the Tigers should take at #1, but what a blah year to have the #1 pick. Hopefully a high school talent steps up because I would prefer a high school kid over a college guy tbh.
    Every year we get #1 is a blah year! EVERY ****ING YEAR!

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2020/1/...erica-rankings

Not bad. Parades continues to get disrespected, but at least he's ranked this time.

4 in the top 50, not bad

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172