Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    I think the Miggy and Martinez issues are on Dombrowski. I was totally against the Victor signing at the time and knew it would cost us down the road, and no, there wasn't any other team bidding on him. Miggy is a bit of a different story but this is a business and you have to look at the future of your team. Dave didn't see that Miggy's contract would be a huge albatross later (actually sooner than later) to the team so he signed him to a ridiculous contract. Actually, Dave did both and then bolted to screw Boston's minor league system up.

Good GM's keep a competitive team while building and developing prospects to put on the MLB roster or to use to trade to fill spots. Detroit under Dave Dombrowski didn't do that, he just kept spending more and more money to make up for mistakes. I have a couple Boston friends and I told them when he signed, in 5 years you'll be screaming about this guy and what he did to your minor league system.

I donít care about VMart since the Tigers are going to suck anyways next year and I donít think the money is gonna stop them from making another move. Cabby might be a real impediment when the Tigers are back to contending and may impact their ability to extend young talent or add pieces around the homegrown core.

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    I donít care about VMart since the Tigers are going to suck anyways next year and I donít think the money is gonna stop them from making another move. Cabby might be a real impediment when the Tigers are back to contending and may impact their ability to extend young talent or add pieces around the homegrown core.
    By the time the Tigers are back to contending , Cabrera's contract will be done.

Heís under contract through 2023, they should be contending before then. At the very least they should be looking to spend money before then.

Heís under contract through 2023, they should be contending before then. At the very least they should be looking to spend money before then.
    I sure ****ing hope so.

Oh haha. Yes I hope so! Didn't realize they gave him such a long contract. Surely they were smart enough to include some team options?

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Oh haha. Yes I hope so! Didn't realize they gave him such a long contract. Surely they were smart enough to include some team options?
    I think there is a 1 yr option at the end.

2 option years but theyíre 24í and 25í

So they have to pay him $30 mil per season until he turns 40. And he's only 34?

Yikes.

Good luck moving that contract.

Hopefully he returns 100% healthy and gets back to his old self.

That's another DD contract there but on this one, it was the going rate at the time and Miggy wasn't showing any issues of decreasing anytime soon. Boy did he fall quickly. He really needs to cut down on the carbs, lose a few LB's, and maybe work out a tad. His body is falling apart.

He hurt his back in the WBC and never was rested enough to let it heal. I hope he can return to some semblance back backs are so finicky that he may never be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    So they have to pay him $30 mil per season until he turns 40. And he's only 34?

Yikes.

Good luck moving that contract.

Hopefully he returns 100% healthy and gets back to his old self.
    I think his bat will come back. You can have very productive offensive years in your late 30s. David Ortiz killed it his last year. Of course not worht 30 mil, but it'll be better than what Pujols is doing for his 30 mil a year.

It's been his core and back the last couple years but more than anything I think it's because he got chubby. He seemed more lazy than ever the last two years and I think he really needs to start working in the off season if he wants to fulfill his contract. The other thing at play here last year especially is the issues he was having with his country. He really got emotional on this topic last year. He seemed scared as hell about family getting kidnapped or worse. This had to play into his mental game.

I love Miggy but he really needs to get his mind and body right this off season.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2018/1/...esuan-silverio

Pedro Martinez Jr. looks to be a prospect we need to follow closely.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    https://www.blessyouboys.com/2018/1/...esuan-silverio

Pedro Martinez Jr. looks to be a prospect we need to follow closely.
    Martinez, Rodriguez, Martinez, Pinto, Silverio.

El Tigres part 2?

Page 61 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast