Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1059

Yep, five innings one hit and 11K. This kid is a supernova right now. If Perez ever gets healthy, we have some serious arms in the minors.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2019/7/...g-riley-greene

Skubal is a very interesting prospect. Could be our next Smyly who out performs his prospect ranking. Tigers are very top heavy right now in the top 10 but do have some very young talent in the back end that could pay off if given time and patience.

We all know our starting depth for prospects, Manning/Skubal being my two favorites, but there is some decent relief prospects coming up soon also. Here's three I have been following this year:

Wladimir Pinto- a small pitcher at 5'11" and 170 lbs. but man can he strike people out. He is currently at 63K in 43 innings and is 215K in 152 innings for his minor league career. He has a 1.76 ERA this year with a 1.10 whip currently. He's only 21 years old and he just got called up to AA a week or so ago. I think he is going to make a pretty good bullpen piece down the road.

Ethan DeCaster- An older prospect (24) out of Duke who we drafted in 2018. He has had success at every level so far which has him going to rookie ball in 2018 and climbing 4 rungs to Lakeland, He started at Lakeland in 2019 and has already climbed to Toledo AAA this season. He has not missed a beat at any level. He has a career minor league record of 3-2 with a 1.84 ERA, 94K/83 innings, only 16 BB in those 83 innings, and has a .90 whip. He might get a call up in September the rate he's going.

Angel Dejesus- He is a strike out pitcher who has 211K in 183 innings but since switching to a full time reliever this season he has shined to a tune of 70K in 48 innings, a 1.68 ERA, and 7 for 7 in save opportunities. He's another RH relief guy with size (6'4" 200 lbs ) and only 22 years old. He still walks a bit more than he should but watch for him to be on the move up soon. He's currently at Lakeland but should follow Pinto up to AA soon.

Keep an eye on these three as we move forward. They could be the pen we need to assist our great young starters.

Just to throw another positive prospect out there, Eliezer Alfonzo. He is a small, really small, switch hitting catcher at 5'10" 155lbs. He's only 19 but has hit and hit well since we signed him. He is at Connecticut right now hitting .329 with an .354 OB percentage. Very good at SO to BB throughout his short career. He is also an excellent defensive backstop as he only has zero pass balls and 1 error. He has played 3B and 1B on occasion but put some weight on this kid and he will be an outstanding catcher in the future.

Speaking of Skubal, I noticed on the broadcast the other day they were touting him as the lefty Verlander. Way to set expectations through the roof, guys. I get wanting to pump up the fans for future guys, but cmon lol

Asking around in the Cubs forum, they seem to think NC is only gonna net Zack Short, their 9th best prospect in a weak farm system. Do you take that? Offer the QO and take the extra pick or even NC for another year? I would be extremely underwhelmed with that return.

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Asking around in the Cubs forum, they seem to think NC is only gonna net Zack Short, their 9th best prospect in a weak farm system. Do you take that? Offer the QO and take the extra pick or even NC for another year? I would be extremely underwhelmed with that return.
    The thing that bugs me about scout rankings is we have no idea how our individual scouts value a certain player compared to how Baseball America ranks him. Nick has been a pretty good gap hitter, but values himself as a slugger, Comerica doesn't help, maybe he really is a slugger? His defense is bad and he's slow, so an average prospect might be all we get.

I'm reading we're better off packaging him with Greene at this point, or maybe even Boyd. It's getting sad

Tigers farm constantly gets shat on. Parades is definitely a top 100 prospect. Perez would be in there as well but he's been hurt for 2 straight seasons unfortunately.

I was reading up on Nick and it said the qualifying offer may not be an option now because it would be around $15M and Nick would take it due to the weak market for him. Which means we would be stuck with him for a year on the $15M and he clearly doesn't want to be here. We may have to settle for a Zack Short deal just so we aren't on the hook for the $15M next year. Sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Tigers farm constantly gets shat on. Parades is definitely a top 100 prospect. Perez would be in there as well but he's been hurt for 2 straight seasons unfortunately.
    Couldn't agree more on Parades. He is a young 20 years old and playing in AA for his second year. He is only hitting .256 but his on base (.350) is excellent. He has 45 BB and only 46 K right now, which is outstanding. He is also playing a new position (3B) now and playing well there. I don't know how you don't rank him in the top 100.

Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    I was reading up on Nick and it said the qualifying offer may not be an option now because it would be around $15M and Nick would take it due to the weak market for him. Which means we would be stuck with him for a year on the $15M and he clearly doesn't want to be here. We may have to settle for a Zack Short deal just so we aren't on the hook for the $15M next year. Sucks!
    I still offer it and hope he’s worth more in prospect return next deadline. The Tigers have a relatively low payroll right now, why not use it to ‘buy’ some prospects?