Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566
    Faedo hasn't looked too shabby either, but he might be the set up man of the future or CL is Jiminez gets traded.

Harold Castro has to be getting up there, I remember having an old The Show franchise from like 5 years ago with him as my future 2B

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Harold Castro has to be getting up there, I remember having an old The Show franchise from like 5 years ago with him as my future 2B
    Is it too early to call him up?

https://www.mlb.com/tigers/prospects.../top-prospects

Neat little link that will show you the stats of the Tigers top 30 prospects. 4 of the 5 tpo pitching prospects have all pitched twice and have given up a total of 4 earned runs. Kids are looking good so far. Perez hasn't pitched yet.

I was expecting more from Kody Clemens so I hope he turns it around. Parker Meadows started off badly but has turned it up some so that is very encouraging.

Tarik Skubal, LHP (No. 20) -- 6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 10 K (Class A Advanced Lakeland)
    Skubal, a ninth-round pick from the 2018 Draft, set a career high for strikeouts, but the strong outing shouldn't be a huge surprise. The 22-year-old went 3-0 and posted a 0.40 ERA in nine appearances last year and is off to a strong start in 2019, having given up just two runs in 14 innings (three starts). Skubal has also racked up 20 strikeouts this year and issued just three walks.

Hoog, do you know anything about this kid?

Yea, my April 11th post I warned people to not sleep on this guy. I think he's going to be the Lefty to compliment all our righty prospects. Here's my rundown on seeing some clips and also reading up on the guy.

He was drafted by Arizona in the 2017 draft but chose to stay at Seattle University. He had Tommy John surgery so that's why we were able to get him in the 9th round. Guy is a power LH arm who will sit at 92-94 most of the time but can pump it up to 96 when needed. He also has a pretty good slider but his change needs some work. His control has gotten better since he got with our club but it wasn't the best in college. He did, however, have an 11.93K per 9 innings in college. At 6'3" and 215 pounds he's got a solid build. Last season he had 33K/4BB in 23 innings with a .40 ERA. Seems to be moving fast up the chain and is 22 years old so hopefully he hits Erie mid-way through the year and possibly even Toledo this year. I've already been to a Toledo this year to watch some prospects but mid-year I may be able to see Skubal, Faedo, and Manning down in Toledo.

Casey Mize, RHP (No. 1, MLB No. 16) -- 7 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 6 K (Class A Advanced Lakeland)
    Mize lowered his already miniscule ERA to 0.50 as he continues to live up to the hype. The No. 1 overall pick from the 2018 Draft has allowed just one run through three starts (18 innings) this season and yielded just six hits, compared to 21 strikeouts. Equally impressive is the fact that he's issued just one walk.

So.....Mize might be pretty good down the line.

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566