Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Great read. Everyone is going to hate on what miami is now because we are a threat not only to players in the league now but also to the history books. Magic speaks out because he wants to remain relevant in a league where a guy like lebron draws comparisons to him on a daily basis and now is with hte coach that made him the player he is. Then you get a guy like jordan who has been out of the game as a player for a long time but still gets talked about in the league during every NBA telecast who is now afraid that he is going to have to hear his name bantered around less given the fact that by the time there run is over not only could lebron have more titiles then him but so can bosh and wade. Jordan has always been a vein and ego driven player and he hates on the fact that lebron did not hold the cavs hostage the way he did the bulls for years, and that he sees three nba players as threats to his legacy. Im some advice from me to jordan and magic just stop trying to stay relevant by bashing players that are in the league now who want to win and worry about doing you.

As soon as I saw Magic Johnson commented on the subject I thought exactly what this article mentioned. I thought, "F-ck you Magic, you went to a Lakers team with Kareem and Worthy and Cooper and Scott." He acts like he needed to call up Larry Bird....dumb@$$.

He said how he hated Bird and his main mission was to beat Bird. Well thats why you wouldn't go to Chicago *** because you knew Bird would have dominated you in Chicago. So Magic held out hope and it worked out for him. He got to go play in LA with Kareem....... and AIDS (sorry for anyone who finds this distasteful but f-ck Magic for being a hater)

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

Quote Originally Posted by G-Menfan4lyfe View Post
    As soon as I saw Magic Johnson commented on the subject I thought exactly what this article mentioned. I thought, "F-ck you Magic, you went to a Lakers team with Kareem and Worthy and Cooper and Scott." He acts like he needed to call up Larry Bird....dumb@$$.

He said how he hated Bird and his main mission was to beat Bird. Well thats why you wouldn't go to Chicago *** because you knew Bird would have dominated you in Chicago. So Magic held out hope and it worked out for him. He got to go play in LA with Kareem....... and AIDS (sorry for anyone who finds this distasteful but f-ck Magic for being a hater)
    Although it is distasteful, its brings up another valid point. For all the hating and "tarnished career" talk, its funny how Magic's legacy as a great player will never falter even after commiting adultury and getting AIDS. oh thats right, because he was a winner. (poor guy, i wouldnt wish that on anyone)

Once the season starts this will all sub-side, once we win a title it'll forever be put to rest. I am promising myself to never discuss this again with anyone; Lebron is great and will always be considered that regardless of the haters. i am not going to waste my breath on these haters anymore.

All u heat fans should stop being hypocritacal and realize that because of king blow pop's move to south beach its inevitable that he would draw sharp criticism from current and former players. If u want 2 say ****** Magic thats your right to do so but keep in mind that Magic is a top 10 all time great who has earned a right to forge an opinion on a player who gets compared to him by even Pat Riley. Also, bringing up Magic's past indiscretions(adultery, AIDS) to bash him as a player is just flat irresponsible. If thats your position do you feel such anomosity when your superstar player (D.Wade) has also dealt with his own share of indiscretions as a married man?

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_4life View Post
    All u heat fans should stop being hypocritacal and realize that because of king blow pop's move to south beach its inevitable that he would draw sharp criticism from current and former players. If u want 2 say ****** Magic thats your right to do so but keep in mind that Magic is a top 10 all time great who has earned a right to forge an opinion on a player who gets compared to him by even Pat Riley. Also, bringing up Magic's past indiscretions(adultery, AIDS) to bash him as a player is just flat irresponsible. If thats your position do you feel such anomosity when your superstar player (D.Wade) has also dealt with his own share of indiscretions as a married man?
    1) On the contrary my friend, im just highlighting the hypocrisy in others arguments. How can Magic critisize considering he played with two Hall of Famers? and thats being said discrediting the rest of the rosters which was very good. You would think he'd understand the allure a player might see in playing with other great players.

2) The second bold proves my point to a tee. We dont frown the champion Magic Johnson for not only cheating but possibly endangeing his family (at least not anymore, weve let it go), we dont frown D-Wade for doing it, yet we "tarnish" a 29ppg 8.7apg 7.3rpg mvp for excersing his right to go where ever we wants?

the way he did it was wrong, but make no mistake, the hate would still be as bad regardless of how he said it.
    Last edited by Heater4life; 07-22-2010 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kntresistheheat View Post
    Now the lakers have a shot of getting chris Paul via trade, and they would have a super star team. Then magic would look dum once again, although I think cp3 will end up in new York?
    I want to see Paul, Melo and Dwight in Orlando..

Quote Originally Posted by Heater4life View Post
    1) On the contrary my friend, im just highlighting the hypocrisy in others arguments. How can Magic critisize considering he played with two Hall of Famers? and thats being said discrediting the rest of the rosters which was very good. You would think he'd understand the allure a player might see in playing with other great players.

2) The second bold proves my point to a tee. We dont frown the champion Magic Johnson for not only cheating but possibly endangeing his family (at least not anymore, weve let it go), we dont frown D-Wade for doing it, yet we "tarnish" a 29ppg 8.7apg 7.3rpg mvp for excersing his right to go where ever we wants?

the way he did it was wrong, but make no mistake, the hate would still be as bad regardless of how he said it.
    Well, I think its very hard 2 compare the different eras when talkin about free agency. In the 80's Buss signed Magic to a 25 year contract which kinda ended any talk about him ever becoming a free agent for the remainder of his career. Compare that to 3 to 6 year deals with player opt out clauses after 3 years these days great players have more control over their careers than ever and can basically dictate to FO over their future. Secondly, I don't condemn Lebron 4 cockriding to the top if thats what he wants 2 do. After all, its his legacy, no one else's. I think a lot of the backlash comes from the manufactured image he created 4 himself (calling himself king, the chosen one, "we are all witnesses") while taking the robin to Wade's batman. Most fans did not view him as a 1b type of player on any team and for him 2 leave the way he did just adds fuel to the flame. Def. showed some immaturity on how he handled the whole ordeal. That being said, He could have went 2 the Washington Senators and still would be most hated baller in the game.

8. 07-23-2010, 05:47 PM
    Reason
    off topic

9. 07-23-2010, 05:55 PM
    Reason
    off topic

10. 07-23-2010, 06:17 PM
    Reason
    off topic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12