Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk

now the **** what?

Kovy's Agent is going to release a statement, we will know what the deal is after that I guess.

His statement is that he is making no statements until its resolved lol

Kovy's agent (Jay Grossman) and Lou will work this out. There is no way Kovy can walk away from the Devils now after all that "I want to be a Devil for life" talk. He only wanted a 17yr contract because it's his lucky number. They will probably come up with something like $96 million over 12 years. He would be making an average of $8 million per year. That would make Kovy 39 at the end of the contract.

Best case is 15 years for 101 Million. Nothing is a new precedent then. Kovy = age 42 at the end (Hossa), deal is 15 years (Dipietro), 4 Years of minimal salary (Hossa). Knock off some cash from the 11.5 Mil and add it on to the last 4 years so its like 1.5 1.5 1.0 1.0, Cap hit of only 6.8ish. I'd take Kovy for that

I'm still just absolutely livid with Bettman for doing this. I just don't see how DiPietro and Hossa can get these kind of contracts, but Kovy can't. It screams of favoritism.
    ^This is a REAL Nets fan^

"The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club won't be worth a dime."

- Babe Ruth