Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Mario Chalmers the Rajon Rondo of the Miami Heat?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 18.25%
  • No

103 81.75%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Is Mario Chalmers the Rajon Rondo of the Miami Heat?

im a Lakers fan but this is somewhat interesting, considering the Heat go with Chalmers at the PG to start the year do you think he will turn out better like how Rondo did with the Celtics. I mean Rondo was thrown in there with Allen, Pierce and KG but Chalmers has even better players around him with Wade, James and Bosh. So do you guys think he will get better.
    I Still Have Faith In Number 48!!!

that depends on him

As a HEAT fan i wish, but i dont think so.

I've always knew Chalmers was very talented. He just needs time to grow. It's a great learning opportunity for him to play with those great players.

It will go down to how he responds. Let's wait and see..

No he won't turn into another Rajon Rondo but he will improve a lot this season.

Doubt it, he's gonna be Derek Fisher 2.0 great role player, can shoot threes, great defense, great team player, probably not much more.

He's also in a different situation, Boston didn't really have a dominant ball handler, Miami has James and Wade both dominant ball handlers, Chalmers won't need the ball in his hands, also doesn't have a great handles either or court vision, but he has range and he's a pick pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    Doubt it, he's gonna be Derek Fisher 2.0 great role player, can shoot threes, great defense, great team player, probably not much more.

He's also in a different situation, Boston didn't really have a dominant ball handler, Miami has James and Wade both dominant ball handlers, Chalmers won't need the ball in his hands, also doesn't have a great handles either or court vision, but he has range and he's a pick pocket.
    Good post. It's nice to see a thread actually discuss sports intellectually. Recently, it's been pretty immature on PSD.

Lol

Well i was just wondering because i dont think many people especially Celtics fans really thought Rondo was gonna turn out the way he did.
    I Still Have Faith In Number 48!!!

alot of celtics fans thought rondo would be good after his first season... but anyway, chalmers doesnt have the vision of rondo. theyre both very similar tho, great defenders with a lot of athleticsm but as some1 said earlier the celtics only had pierce who really handled the ball alot the heat have wade and james who both handle the ball twice as much as pierce ever did. saying that i dont think chalmers will turn into a rondo but if hes smart hell work on his shooting more and become an even better shooter than he already is because hes going to get alot of open looks...

Atlantic City Redraft Champions

I think Chalmers will be another Derek Fisher...Chalmers simply cannot finish at the rim like Rondo can but Chalmers is a decent defender...With more work he can probably look alot better

Quote Originally Posted by tonyd3b54 View Post
    alot of celtics fans thought rondo would be good after his first season... but anyway, chalmers doesnt have the vision of rondo. theyre both very similar tho, great defenders with a lot of athleticsm but as some1 said earlier the celtics only had pierce who really handled the ball alot the heat have wade and james who both handle the ball twice as much as pierce ever did. saying that i dont think chalmers will turn into a rondo but if hes smart hell work on his shooting more and become an even better shooter than he already is because hes going to get alot of open looks...
    This.

Rondo is more athletic than Chalmers but Chalmers is the better shooter which I have a hard time saying because Rondo is not actually a bad shooter...

Quote Originally Posted by Rskinz101 View Post
    Well i was just wondering because i dont think many people especially Celtics fans really thought Rondo was gonna turn out the way he did.
    That's partially true, but Rondo was considered the best pure PG of his draft class even when it was draft day, but he had so many holes in his games that people thought he would be more of a project and take a lot longer to develop, but obviously it helped him having the big three, where even the threat of having Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and KG help spread the floor so he could really drive into the lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mind View Post
    This.

Rondo is more athletic than Chalmers but Chalmers is the better shooter which I have a hard time saying because Rondo is not actually a bad shooter...
    Hahaha...He is a bad shooter. If anything that's missing from Rondo's game is his poor shooting. He will be unguardable if he develops a decent jump shot and will be the best all-round point guard in the league.

no way. absolutely not.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast