Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stealth moves?

Stealth moves?

Assume for a moment that Sather makes no big splashes (e.g., signing Kovalchuk or dealing for Richards, Thornton, Gagne, etc.). What low-key deals would you like to see him make to help the club? For instance, the Red Wings with their own cap problems have yet to re-sign either Darren Helm or Justin Abdelkader, talented young forwards; Colorado might have been taking offers for another talented young forward, Peter Mueller, at the trade deadline. Any other suggestions that might make sense for the Rangers, both in terms of talent and dollars?

all three of the above would be great pick-ups and would be welcomed additions to the rangers....in terms of low key pick-ups do you mean trades or signings?

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

tender an offer sheet to neal from dallas, andy sutton or willie mitchell would be great lower tier signings, bill guerin although getting up there in age is good for 20+ goals and would add to the toughness factor, if we made an offer to demitra guerin is certainly worthy of one. Although it probably wont be considered low key i still think lee stempniak would be a great addition to this team.

I'm surprised Guerin is leaving the Pens. Is that about money?

I feel like we have plenty of foot soldiers but we need 1 more general on the front line and 1 more general on the back line.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite regardless of their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful, dishonest, or an extremist type poster I may not waste my time replying to you.

trade for Christian Ehrhoff,

Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post

I feel like we have plenty of foot soldiers but we need 1 more general on the front line and 1 more general on the back line.
    Who would you suggest on the front line? lol

forget about Kovalchuk I just heard he has signed with the Kings. 90 mill. over 9 yrs.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

now Sather is going to move fast on a big deal to improve our top 3 forwards

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by liltedspop View Post
    now Sather is going to move fast on a big deal to improve our top 3 forwards
    so much for the rangers 9 years 85 million dollar deal.... I think we can all agree he will try to get a center first... does he go after thorton? richards?carter? spezza? robeiro? .... if we go wingers inginla? stempniak? gagne? neal ectt..
    IMO i would look to trade for either thorton or richards either one i really dont care and then sign stempniak to a fair deal.

prospal thorton/richards gaborik
    mza/grachev aa stempniak
    avery drury callahan
    boogs christensen prust

We have a better offensive unit, we are not committing to any long term atrocities, and lets face that third line could do some damage up against other clubs' third lines.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmrevolver93 View Post
    Who would you suggest on the front line? lol
    I'd like players like Kovy, Thornton, Speeza, Richards, etc but right now all I can do is hope or speculate. I know Slats is trying to make something happen but I dont know if that is via FA or trade.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite regardless of their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful, dishonest, or an extremist type poster I may not waste my time replying to you.

I'd like players like Kovy, Thornton, Speeza, Richards, etc but right now all I can do is hope or speculate. I know Slats is trying to make something happen but I dont know if that is via FA or trade.
    honestly id like to seee thorton and gaborik and then another middle tier guy that can score between 25-30 goals.... stempniak, guerin, hedjuk, neal... guys of that caliber. But nothing more than 5 years or 4 million per.

What kind of BIG moves do you think Sather will make?

Sly i normally agree with what you say, however i don't wan't anymore of these old talents for pure leadership reasons.

What the rangers need is simple, they need less change. The Rangers roster changes far to often, by the time they gel its to late to climb the standings. I'd rather them take a step back for a year, and let the team show what it actually needs for the following season

Quote Originally Posted by RangersFan14 View Post
    What kind of BIG moves do you think Sather will make?
    unfortunately, probably no big moves are in store..im just in a state of pessimism with this team but id love a big deal to cheer me up

Quote Originally Posted by IU Hoosiers 3 View Post
    unfortunately, probably no big moves are in store..im just in a state of pessimism with this team but id love a big deal to cheer me up
    You never know Sather may pull another trade like he did last year and surprise everyone..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast