Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Since when did picking winning become a bad thing?

Why is it such a bad decsion for Lebron to pick winning over personal fame? All we ever want from our superstar athletes is to pick winning over personal fame, stats, and money. But when this actually happens and 3 guys do it together, it is a bad thing? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Lebron is being talked about as a ring chaser and this and that, but since when is this a bad thing to take winning over all else?

Every free agency period in almost every sport we see guys ridiculously overpaid and taking the big contract rather than going to the place where they can win the most and we all chastise them for doing so, but when these guys do it it is now stupid to put winning over all else and personal fame is what they should all be going for?

So why all the backlash for Lebron, Bosh, and Wade all putting their ego's behind them and taking less money and knowingly going to a place where they will not be the sole leader all for the sake of winning?

We all know "The Decision" wasnt a good idea, but besides that, LEbron is still being categorized as a ring chaser. Since when is it not good to go to a place for less money and less personal fame all in the name of a common goal: winning?

All this Lebron hate is ridiculous.

Put aside your teams bias and hate for them not picking you, these guys actually did a real standup thing.

born and raised in Dallas, currently in Atlanta
    When everyone found out that this team is really, really, really good. You know that those haters make better business decisions than LeBron James on a daily basis. Duh!!! Sorry, I couldn't keep a straight face.

PG!!!

Look at this a Heat fan who logically said 100% the TRUTH!!!! LeBron made the best decision. LIVE with it.

He wants to win, good for him.

Winning over personal fame? stats? money?

You're kidding right.

Winning championships is what matters most to gain prestige and fame internationally.
    Fame and Money will come faster to LeBron with the Heat that being stuck with the Cavs. Some people in my country is all about Kobe this Kobe That rings rings, most people dont even know Cavaliers existed.

Stats? LeBron going for triple double avg probably?

ok

That other thread made me LOL. "When will he admit that he screwed up and picked the wrong team?"

WHAT?

He made the best basketball decision. This is the NBA. He's not in the business of making Cleveland happy. He's in the business of winning...and he made the RIGHT basketball decision.

Anyone who said he screwed up or picked the wrong team etc. is just in denial and simply don't want to see LeBron ever succeed or admit that he made the right move.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Can we please stop making threads about this, it's over people its time to move on and focus on you're own team.

I think we're just re-wording thread titles and saying the same thing. He wants to win...great.

People around the world really grew attached to him playing in Cleveland, and would have rather seen him win one there, as the clear greatest player in their franchise history. But we shall move on.

MJ + Allan Houston= The Good Ol' Days.

Quote Originally Posted by h2r09 View Post
    Why is it such a bad decsion for Lebron to pick winning over personal fame? All we ever want from our superstar athletes is to pick winning over personal fame, stats, and money. But when this actually happens and 3 guys do it together, it is a bad thing? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Lebron is being talked about as a ring chaser and this and that, but since when is this a bad thing to take winning over all else?

Every free agency period in almost every sport we see guys ridiculously overpaid and taking the big contract rather than going to the place where they can win the most and we all chastise them for doing so, but when these guys do it it is now stupid to put winning over all else and personal fame is what they should all be going for?

So why all the backlash for Lebron, Bosh, and Wade all putting their ego's behind them and taking less money and knowingly going to a place where they will not be the sole leader all for the sake of winning?

We all know "The Decision" wasnt a good idea, but besides that, LEbron is still being categorized as a ring chaser. Since when is it not good to go to a place for less money and less personal fame all in the name of a common goal: winning?

All this Lebron hate is ridiculous.

Put aside your teams bias and hate for them not picking you, these guys actually did a real standup thing.
    It's not a bad thing at all. I think every one of us respects DWade as he has always been a true class act, I also think none of us really have an issue with Bosh. The issue is Lebron. He has contradicted himself so many times its ridiculous. Before free agency he said he wants to become a billionaire and then turns down leading his own team in NY or Chicago to be a sidekick. His ESPN special was a joke and just simple things like not having the decency to call the Cavs personally and tell them the news and instead having one of his entourage do it. It's the overblown ego of a guy who in reality has never proven a thing other than regular season stats. He has shown very little leadership ability yet somehow he is considered one of the greats. He is the product of the media hype machine and because of his immaturity he has bought into it. Physically he has all the talent in the world but its his ego and childish ways that will always limit him as a player and the reason he is hated.

dude u r boring the **** of everyone.....
    Peyton Manning 4 time MVP (2003, 2004, 2008, 2009)the most in NFL history...
    Tim Duncan 2 time MVP (2002, 2003)
    Disappointed Cav fan

Quote Originally Posted by NeutralFan View Post
    It's not a bad thing at all. I think every one of us respects DWade as he has always been a true class act, I also think none of us really have an issue with Bosh. The issue is Lebron. He has contradicted himself so many times its ridiculous. Before free agency he said he wants to become a billionaire and then turns down leading his own team in NY or Chicago to be a sidekick. His ESPN special was a joke and just simple things like not having the decency to call the Cavs personally and tell them the news and instead having one of his entourage do it. It's the overblown ego of a guy who in reality has never proven a thing other than regular season stats. He has shown very little leadership ability yet somehow he is considered one of the greats. He is the product of the media hype machine and because of his immaturity he has bought into it. Physically he has all the talent in the world but its his ego and childish ways that will always limit him as a player and the reason he is hated.
    If the cavs are going to have the reaction they did just because he left, why should he have the decency to call them if they dont have the decency to appreciate what he has done for them?

The overblown ego thing is ridiculous. how has he shown that at all. if anything he has shown the opposite. the guy never said a thing during his free agency process. blame espn if you want to blame someone, they hyped himup way to much.

Quote Originally Posted by h2r09 View Post
    If the cavs are going to have the reaction they did just because he left, why should he have the decency to call them if they dont have the decency to appreciate what he has done for them?

The overblown ego thing is ridiculous. how has he shown that at all. if anything he has shown the opposite. the guy never said a thing during his free agency process. blame espn if you want to blame someone, they hyped himup way to much.
    The Cavs reacted to it after Lebron failed to treat free agency like a man. He could have told them early so they could be a player in free agency. He could have been honest and told teams that his main goal was a title so teams like the Nets and Knicks could have tried to sign a superstar to play with him but instead he focused on being a brand and becoming the 1st billionaire so the Knicks and Nets focused on his brand and then he does a 180 and wants to be a sidekick. It's him having an entourage of morons making his decisions for him... Wade doesn't have an entourage, Kobe doesn't have one and I know for sure a humble guy like Durant will never have one. Like I said earlier I don't hate the Heat. I'm a lifetime Laker fan who is also a Dolphin fan so I have some loyalty to S. Fla and I obviously respect the hell out of Pat Riley and Dwade but until Lebron stops acting like a 12 year old I will always cheer for whoever is playing against him.

It's how he did it. No one cares he went to Miami. They care that he made a public "I'm better than everyone else that I need my own show.....o and goodbye cleveland" spectacle of it.

Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    It's how he did it. No one cares he went to Miami. They care that he made a public "I'm better than everyone else that I need my own show.....o and goodbye cleveland" spectacle of it.
    exactly

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast