Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Top 5 Teams In The West

After the Lakers...

I think we can all agree they are the consensus number 1 and favorite to win the west, but they're have been some major changes to teams and also some injured stars are returning.

How would you rank the next 5 times in the west. Basically, the 2-6 in the Western Conference.

2- Dallas Mavericks
    They have a ton of size, a great point guard(I don't care how old he is) a solid 2-3, a good bench and one of the best players in the game. Chandler is a big pick up for them and other than the Lakers and a healthy Trail Balzer team, nobody can match-up down low with Dallas.

3- Utah Jazz
    They still have arguably the best PG in the game, a great coach and some good size with Millsap, Okur and the new addition of Jefferson. If, Boozer vs. a healthy Jefferson isn't a wash, then Jefferson has him by a little. Also, they have a lot of depth at the 2-3 positions, with some athletes and shooters. Note: they've been bounced by the Lakers a lot recently, so look what they did... signed Raja Bell. Maybe he, plus Jefferson can be the answer.

4- Houston Rockets
    This is my toughest pick. If everyone stays healthy, I could honestly see them as the 2 seed in the west. They have size, they have scorers, they have a bench, they have shooters and slashers. This team has a ton of weapons and most importantly, they are committed on the defensive end. Once again, if healthy, this team will be very scary come playoff time. I'm very excited to see what they can do.

5- Portland Trail Blazers
    Think about this front line. Oden, Aldridge, Campy and Pryzbilla. That is ridiculous size and depth. Add that was a great player in Roy and a solid supporting cast and there is no reason why this team shouldn't end up better than they did last year when they finished 6th.

6- San Antonio
    I wanted to pick Denver, but I can't see them ending up with a 6 or better seed, especially taking everything from geroge Karl to Carmelo anthony's contract into account. I wanted to pick Oklahoma City, but I think they are still a ways away from this position. Now, last year, the 6,7 and 8 seeds all ended up with the same record so they're obviously is a ton of parity at the bottom of the playoff race. With that said, I can't turn down the Spurs.

They still have Duncan, Parker and Ginobili. Yes, they all got older and lost Richard Jefferson(not sure if that's a good or bad thing) but they still have a good bench, a lot of young talent and a great coach. Until they fail me, I will never count out the Spurs.

-So, these are MY rankings. Let's see yours. Agree with me, disagree with me, do whatever you want...

1. LAL
    2. Dallas
    3. Phoenix.
    4. Denver.
    5. OKC
    6. Portland

MJ + Allan Houston= The Good Ol' Days.

Peyton Manning 4 time MVP (2003, 2004, 2008, 2009)the most in NFL history...
    Tim Duncan 2 time MVP (2002, 2003)
    Disappointed Cav fan

Dallas
    Denver
    Portland
    OKC
    Utah

Lakers
    Nuggets
    Mavericks
    Blazers
    Thunder

Your 2-6 teams. I know everyone has the Lakers at number one.

--I can't believe people are picking Pheonix. They're built like an old Duke team. No size and all 3-point shooters. Not gonna work.

Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    Your 2-6 teams. I know everyone has the Lakers at number one.

--I can't believe people are picking Pheonix. They're built like an old Duke team. No size and all 3-point shooters. Not gonna work.
    Steve Nash gets the best out of his supporting cast. Just look at the 2006 Suns.They were second in the West after losing Amare to injury, and having Joe Johnson and Q-Rich traded.

Lakers
    Suns
    OKC
    Denver
    Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by S-Dot View Post
    1. LAL
    2. Dallas
    3. Phoenix.
    4. Denver.
    5. OKC
    6. Portland
    wheres utah? i guarantee that we will be placed higher than portland. your just a noob that doesn't know what he is talking about

Quote Originally Posted by jdub747 View Post
    wheres utah? i guarantee that we will be placed higher than portland. your just a noob that doesn't know what he is talking about
    1. Chill. Its a thread...all based on opinion.
    2. I have 1000 more posts than you.

Obviously Lakers #1
    OKC Thunder
    Denver Nuggets
    Utah Jazz
    Dallas Mavericks
    Portland TBlazers

1. Lakers
    2. Thunder
    3. Nuggets
    4. Mavs
    5. Jazz

Quote Originally Posted by jdub747 View Post
    Utah will probably be lucky to be in the top 5. I don't think having Portland over them is a stretch.

Mavs have the same exact team!!! And added first round pick Dominique jones and Tyson Chandler and DON'T have damper!!! Hahaha they can't be lower than 3, they were 2nd last year with only having the 3 players from the wizards half the year

@TheLandonThomas 5,000 followers
    @MavsFansForLife 6,000 followers
    "Do the LT" coming to a thread near you.

1. Lakers
    2. OKC
    3. Dallas
    4. Nuggets
    5. Utah
    The rest don't matter.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast