• Nets

41 63.08%
  • Celtics

17 26.15%
  • GM of Teams

7 10.77%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NBA ReDraft Playoffs – (1) Nets vs. (8) Celtics

Once or a twice year, PSD holds an NBA ReDraft. In this game played by PSD users, all the players in the NBA go into a draft pool. A lottery is held to determine the order and in 12 rounds of drafting and trading the GMs try to create the best team possible.

This second round match-up features the 1sd seeded New Jersey Nets versus the 8th seeded Boston Celtics. The Nets have homecourt advantage. Their respective rosters and write-ups are listed below:

Keep in mind these are not the real life teams.

Nets:

PG: Chauncey Billups/ Mike Conley
    SG: O.J. Mayo/ Rodrigue Beabois
    SF: Lebron James/ Tracy Mcgrady
    PF: David West/ JJ Hickson
    C: Birdman/ Darko Millicic

Nets Write-Up:

New Jersey Nets Write Up!

Nets

PG: Chauncey Billups/ Mike Conley
    SG: O.J. Mayo/ Rodrigue Beabois
    SF: Lebron James/ Tracy Mcgrady
    PF: David West/ JJ Hickson
    C: Birdman/ Darko Millicic

Celtics

PG: Aaron Brooks/ Luke Ridnour
    SG: Jammal Crawford/ Courtney Lee
    SF: Andrei Kirilenko/ Quentin Ross/ Deshaun Stevenson
    PF: Carlos Boozer/ Brad Miller
    C: Tyson Chandler/ Brad Miller

PG: Chauncey Billups vs. Aaron Brooks. Chauncey is a proven winner he was clearly the main piece in what was the Detroit powerhouse for many years. Chauncey is a solid defender and has always been a very good all around player on the ball and off the ball. Although Aaron Brooks is a great upcoming player he just doesn’t have the experience Chauncey has. Chauncey has been given all NBA honors both offensively and defensively, he is a perennial all star and was a MVP candidate for 4 or 5 years. Chauncey is also a great 3 point shooter which is what Lebron really needs a legit shooting threat. Billups has shot .388 from the 3-point line on his career.

Edge: Nets

SG: O.J. Mayo vs. Jamal Crawford. Crawford showed that in the right circumstance he could really contribute. He had a very strong year, however the right circumstance is coming off the bench to spark the offence. Both are very good offensive players, playing with 2 great playmakers in Chauncey and Lebron could only increase Mayo’s productivity. While Crawford is in a backcourt with a shoot first PG and he himself is a shoot first player. Crawford has also been known to play below average D. Another great thing for my team is that like Billups, Mayo can spread the floor and you cant afford to leave either open beyond the 3-point line. In other words it’s unlikely the Celtics could efficiently double-team my #1 option in Lebron.

Solid Edge: Nets

SF: Lebron James vs. Andrei Kirilenko. This is a pretty straightforward match up. Lebron easily will do away with Andrei. Whether you like Lebron or not the worst thing you can say about his “game” is that he is the second best player in the NBA. Which I think most people know isn’t true at this point anyway. No Kobe doesn’t have Bosh and Wade but he wasn’t winning championships without another all star on the team either . . . Anyway back to the match up haha. Lebron is a great defender and will have no problem shutting down what is already a minimal scoring threat. Lebron is strong enough to beat Andrei down low and quick enough to get around his extreme length. Andrei is still a good defender and would hinder Lebron but not to any extreme. Prove of this would be that in 2 games against Utah Lebron still averaged 28.5 PPG, 7.5 APG, 7.5 RPG, and 3.5 SPG. Lebron has been put in a place to succeed. He has 3 great #2 options in Billups, Mayo, and West. He has shooters to spread the floor and a scoring big man that can play the mid range game as well.

Huge Edge: Nets

PF: David West vs. Carlos Boozer. This is probably the closest match up we have in the game. I think Boozer is the better all around player and gives you a bit more at both ends of the ball. However neither is a very good defender, and I think I would match up birdman on Boozer and let West play D on the lesser threat in Chandler. A positive is that even though David West’s numbers dropped by a small margin last year he was playing with a younger PG nowhere near CP3’s talent. And the fact he only went down about 2 PPG speaks a lot of his character. West surprisingly also shot a higher % last year without CP3 which is very interesting considering a lot people said he was only an all star calibre player due to CP3’s playmaking. West is the 4th player on the team that can score 20 + points on any night. And he has one of the best playoff PG’s in the entire league. He also has a top 2 player in the league, and an upcoming star in Mayo.

Edge: Celtics
    C: Birdman vs. Tyson Chandler. This is by far the least interesting match up in the game. Birdman and Chandler are both unimpressive on the offensive side of the ball. Neither should probably be starting but I felt like Birdman was a strong defensive player, and since I have scoring and playmaking coming out of every which way I think we could handle his limited offensive production. Chandler is not an offensive threat like he used to be in fact this year he spent time as the 3rd man in Charlottes big man rotation. He just isn’t the same without Paul. He needs a playmaking PG and he doesn’t have that in Brooks. Birdman should hinder Boozer disrupt his shots get a few blocks here and there and use his reach to interfere with shooting. Chandler should not be a big threat to west as he wont be able to create for himself and Brooks will probably only give him a few looks all game. Birdman may not see a lot of looks but saying as I have the leagues best point forward and a top tier playoff proven PG he should get a few easy looks a night. I will give Tyson a tiny edge due to the fact he used to be effective as a starter.

Minor Edge: Celtics

Bench: Mike Conley is a nice all around Point guard who would probably start on a 1/3 of the teams in this. I have the luxury of him playing off the bench for me if Billups needs a rest. A 12 PPG, 5 APG, and .385% 3-point shooting point guard coming off the bench is nothing short of perfect. Rodrigue Beaubois is a great young kid and one of my new favourite players. The guy is unknown but is an explosive scorer. He scored double digits 19 times last year often being the 3rd or 4th guy off the Mavericks bench. Again another great shooter to spread the floor shooting an awesome .408 % from the 3-point line. One of my favourite players on what is a deep bench is Tracy Mcgrady. Before injuries he was an All NBA superstar. Its clear he is a low tier starter at this point in his career and I cant think of a better spot for him playing 10-15 minutes behind Lebron on the #1 ranked team in the East. T-Mac can come in and push himself hard for a small amount of time and hopefully we will see glances of the former star. JJ Hickson will back up West and although young Hickson looked promising last year and should be ok in limited time. To back up birdman is Darko again another low tier starter I’m fortunate to have on my bench. Darko is not a stud but he did fill in ok for the Bucks when Bogut went down. Lee, Ridnour, and Miller are also decent bench pieces but I don’t think the Celtics bench offers anywhere near the depth or explosion mine does.

Huge Edge: Nets

Summary: Lebron is our #1 option he is surrounded by great scorers and shooters staring and on the bench. He will be able to create for his team he is doubled and he will be able to dominate any player 1 on 1 if left alone. Billups, Mayo, and West can all alternate as my #2, #3, and #4 options on any night depending on matchups. Lebron, Chauncey, and Birdman are all top 10 defenders at there given position and Lebron is an all NBA first team defender. This team has home court advantage through out the entire playoffs, which is another nice advantage. This team is loaded with scoring and could easily put up 120 + points every night. My players compliment each other well, and IMO be a very efficient unit. Lebron has been the most efficient player in the NBA for the last 3 years. And now instead of a choke artist at PG as his #2 option he has a former champion in Billups and probably a future Hall of Famer. Instead of a role player at SG he has a legit scorer/ shooter in Mayo. At PF aside from Jamison he has his first legit inside, mid range compliment in West. And at C although Shaq, and big Z are both solid he has a very good big man on ball defender in Birdman. Not to mention my deep bench with legit scoring, and shooting replacements. The Cavs were first in the East with a significantly worse supporting cast. Added depth, legit shooters, legit scorers, and playoff experience to Lebron I hope people appreciate the team as much as I do.
    Celtics:

PG: Aaron Brooks/ Luke Ridnour
    SG: Jammal Crawford/ Courtney Lee
    SF: Andrei Kirilenko/ Quentin Ross/ Deshaun Stevenson
    PF: Carlos Boozer/ Brad Miller
    C: Tyson Chandler/ Brad Miller

Celtics Write-Up:

This series is going to be a high scoring series. the key to this series i think lies down in the paint where my team has the clear advantage. Boozer is one of the best low post scorers in the game and one of the best pick and roll players as well. The nets have no1 to stop boozer, anderson has never played more than 22 min a game in a season and ur telling me hes going to be a full time starter? If anderson is not on boozer then that means west is and if thats the case boozer is going to be laughing all the way to the bank this series... looking at this matchup i would predict that boozer would avg 24ppg and 13rpg in this series. On the defensive end we are going to put tyson chandler on david west to limit david west's ability on the offensive end. chandler is very athletic and will beable to stay infront of west easily and his 7ft frame and long reach will give west a lot of trouble.

Another key matchup is going to be kirilenko versus lebron. Lebron wussed out against the celtics during this years playoffs and that was with the 6'4'' tony allen guarding him and the 6'6'' paul pierce. the 6'9'' kirilenko can stay infront of lebron and force him to shoot jumpshots. kirilenko also has that freakish wingspan to get a hand up and bother lebron when he does this. kirilenko has avg over 2 blocks and him combined with chandler will erase any mistake made by my permiter D

My team will be deadly in the pick and roll. Both aaron brooks and jamal crawford can handle the ball on the perimeter and are both deadly 3pt shooters. put that with 2 of the better pick and roll players in the game with boozer and chandler and they will put up alot of points. If u back off crawford or brooks they will nail the jumpshot all day long and if you put pressure on them it can lead to wide open jumpshots for boozer, easy layups for boozer and chandler or nice alley oops for chandler. jamal crawford especially will take advantage of this since oj mayo is a horrible defender.

This team is exactly that a TEAM, not a weird collection of players that doesn’t really fit. It has 3 players who are capable of scoring 20ppg every night (brooks crawford boozer)and the other 2 starters are very good defenders who can both block shots and guard the other teams best perimeter player or their best post player.(kirilenko chandler)
    Last edited by Westbrook36; 07-12-2010 at 03:57 PM.

upset

That intro looks very familiar

Anyway, this one goes to the Nets. Their defense is better (though Billups might have a hard time chasing Aaron Brooks all over the place) and they have LeBron to make everyone look better than they already do.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    That intro looks very familiar

Anyway, this one goes to the Nets. Their defense is better (though Billups might have a hard time chasing Aaron Brooks all over the place) and they have LeBron to make everyone look better than they already do.
    I forgot to post up a poll, need a Moderator to do so.

and sneaky sneak
    Last edited by Westbrook36; 07-12-2010 at 03:57 PM.

Nets are a bunch of players put together. I can actually see the other being a solid team. Not on paper, but in real life.

Nets, easily.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Good luck Tony it was fun man.

Where are all da Lebron haters at?

Long live the underdoggg.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCool View Post
    Where are all da Lebron haters at?

Long live the underdoggg.
    Lol wow... You would vote for the underdog just because... You bastard aha

It'll be interesting to see if the LeBron hate catches up with you. Even the hatred can't sway this matchup though. Nets easily.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

if ur from cleveland newyork chicago or just hate lebron come here!!! get back at lebron by making him lose a make believe game on the internet!!!!!

Atlantic City Redraft Champions

Nets.

Wow I can't believe your actually trying that haha.

Nets should advance already.

Wow. Nets should sweep its way to a Championship. Nice work.

You got shooters next to Lebron, and then Roddy Beabois and Conley as the backups!? Nasty.

Then McGrady, who I think having a very limited role could be a nightmare for teams. And I am a huge fan of Darko... off the bench, he should be solid and defensively sound.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast