Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has a New Precedent Been Set in the NBA?

Serious question guys.

With these three teaming up in Miami, do you see future stars trying to join with each other through free agency?

The only future I see is NBA teams being defunct I guess.

The return... 2018-19... playoffs!?!?!!?

I think it's possible, but I see fallout from this situation if not by league offices, but by the fans of the league themselves.

As a Heat fan, I am worried now that superstars will talk among themselves and try and form superstar teams.

I see a lockout

Melo/Amare/Parker or Paul is the next trio

I see a Lock out as well. this will be a 40 game season. not enough time for the Heat to put it all together.

Lakers Celtics 2011 finals.

i think it does. alanh hahn of newsday said that it is unfortunate that these three have brought an AAU mentality to the NBA. i have to agree. we will see more similar teams form in the coming years. these three broke the system and it loses all integrity. a lot will change in the next CBA and there will be a lockout.

there's a vacuum to be filled to compete with these guys. guaranteed other superstars would join chicago, ny, la in attempt to take them down.

next season lakers vs celtics one mo time...

then lockout

then 2012....

all lebron gets is a nice tan and to party til the end of days

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    This isnt anything new. Shaq signed with the Lakers when they already had two all-stars (Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel), and all-stars like Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Mitch Richmond, and T-Mac/Grant Hill, have also done it. So it will happen again I'm sure, this season was just a little different because of the size of the free-agency talent pool.

I think because this just happened the lockout is gonna be even more of a problem and theres gonna be even more rules to ensure something like this doesnt keep happening. Its bad for basketball. I was hoping he would go to the knicks or bulls, cuz all the vintage old teams would be back in place

they said too much of something is bad for u. If this doesnt work out for those 3, their friendship will be ruined. They might even turn into kobe n shaq.

Not every1 can be like Boston's big 3. They're mature and experienced and all 3 wants to win title badly. With kg's leadership, they made the right adjustment and finally got wat they wanted. I just dont see the same leadership in miami. I mean like they're friend n all but do u think wade can lead them? Dont think so.. Lebron aint no leader. We already saw wat happened in Cleveland and we all know this is Wade's team.
    Last edited by IAmKira; 07-09-2010 at 01:26 PM.

Let me say this...I didn't really care where he went but I would have preferred him trying to do something in Cleveland..that said, this whole amateur dog and pony show he did made a few owners stand up and take notice. The owners are the people paying for the talent, arena, etc....they have ego's much larger than the palyers and aren't going to be led around by a bunch of 20 somethings...I'm suprised there hasn't been a tampering charge against the Heat yet, with D-Wade's half baked "team visits".

I hope these guys enjoyed this because when the Lockout hits...and it will, the owners, will get together with David Stern (who works for the owners) and make sure that this doesn't happen again. Owners don't mind competing for players, but when the players get together and decide that they are only going to play in one place, together, etc AND make the owners come grovelling for their services....don't see it happening anymore

[B]New York Yankees 27 World Championships.....need I say more?
    Oakland Raiders 3 Super Bowl Victories/rest of the AFC West 3 keep trying to catch up!

stop crying...we've seen teams try to form "super teams" before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast