Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Celtics trading Rasheed Wallace?

The Boston Celtics' Rasheed Wallace(notes) hasn't officially retired just yet so the team is trying to trade his contract, according to Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski.

Celtics GM Danny Ainge would like a power forward or center such as the Orlando Magic restricted free agent J.J. Redick(notes) in return to take the place of the injured Kendrick Perkins(notes) and the retiring Wallace, Wojnarowski reports. Ainge would be glad to get Wallace's $6.32 million for next season and $6.79 million for the following season off of the books.

This would leave the Celts with a midlevel exception to use on this stellar free-agent class.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...urn=nba,252785

Sounds like their trying to trade his contract, and if they do he won't be coming back.

Doesnt his salary count against the cap? So there trying to trade someone who is so pose to retire and the team he would go to is going to take a cap hit, lol.

JJ Redick wouldn't make a very good big.

JJ redick is a shooting guard not a power forward or center

No NBA GM is stupid enough to trade for Sheed's ridiculous contract considering he is basically Dead! And Sheed is NOT in any way walking away from that money no matter what.

Celtics GM Danny Ainge would like a power forward or center such as the Orlando Magic restricted free agent J.J. Redick(notes) in return to take the place of the injured Kendrick Perkins(notes) and the retiring Wallace, Wojnarowski reports.
    Is Danny Ainge smoking crack?

JJ Redick couldn't play Center in a YMCA league in Vermont, let alone the ****ing NBA. I could bang on his soft *** down low.

I wasn't aware Redick could play PF or C. Next thing you know Shaq will be able to play point.
    I am in favor of cutting taxes under any circumstances and for any excuse, for any reason, whenever it's possible.

Milton Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by Kakaroach View Post
    Sounds like their trying to trade his contract, and if they do he won't be coming back.
    Sheed is going to pull a Bret Favre. Seriously, what is Sheed meant to do in his life outside of basketball? The man has serious character problems, he wouldn't make it in the "real world" having to wear a suit & tie and interview to be a manager.

If he retires, his salary will still be counted in the cap. I believe he has 1 year left in his contract (correct me if I'm wrong). If I am right, then teams wanting an expiring contract for next year would want to deal for him.

That article can't be right.

What a 6'4 Center??? Wow hmmm...

and why on earth would a team take on a contract for 2 years if he's thinking about retiring??

@TheLandonThomas 5,000 followers
    @MavsFansForLife 6,000 followers
    "Do the LT" coming to a thread near you.

Quote Originally Posted by MacFitz92 View Post
    I wasn't aware Redick could play PF or C. Next thing you know Shaq will be able to play point.

Are you aware that there are 4 S's in the word Assassin ?

Quote Originally Posted by 8kobe24 View Post
    If he retires, his salary will still be counted in the cap. I believe he has 1 year left in his contract (correct me if I'm wrong). If I am right, then teams wanting an expiring contract for next year would want to deal for him.
    He has 2 years left on his contract. The only way Boston can clear him off is if he agrees to a buyout with the buyout salary over the next 2 seasons.

Sheed didn't fit anyways. Boston needs some young legs behind KG. If Boston could get Tyrus Thomas somehow, it would be a great fit. The leadership there in Boston and the system can do wonders for Tyrus Thomas.

question, how is it that if a person retires the team still has to take the cap hit and do they still pay him?
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast