Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Has Bosh Become Slightly Overrated?

He's a great player no question, but he hardly even got the Raptors to the playoffs in the inferior East and is soft at times in the paint. People are acting like he's this true superstar. Pau was much better in Memphis than Bosh was in Toronto IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bredsox33 View Post
    He's a great player no question, but he hardly even got the Raptors to the playoffs in the inferior East and is soft at times in the paint. People are acting like he's this true superstar. Pau was much better in Memphis than Bosh was in Toronto IMO.
    0 playoff wins.

He's getting crazy overrated.

He's a great player, but he's injured 10-15 games every year, below average defensively, doesn't block shots, strong starter and slow finisher. Those things worry me more than never winning a playoff series, his supporting cast hasn't been tremendous but he's got many flaws in his game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ldc62 View Post
    0 playoff wins.
    They were a 5 seed in the West back to back years and Pau had a better overall game. He also played with an even worse supporting cast than Bosh had in Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    He's getting crazy overrated.

He's a great player, but he's injured 10-15 games every year, below average defensively, doesn't block shots, strong starter and slow finisher. Those things worry me more than never winning a playoff series, his supporting cast hasn't been tremendous but he's got many flaws in his game as well.
    That's my point. He's a really good player no question, but the fans and media are acting like this guy is a 2nd superstar to pair with LeBron or Wade. Pau is a lot better than Bosh.

I'd say he is slightly overrated. He's a great player but he'll never lead a team far into the playoffs, he's not that kind of player. He needs another superstar next to him to be the first option on offense to be successful.
    Portland Trail Blazers | New Orleans Saints

It's because he is a quality big. The true superstar FA aren't bigs, so these teams naturally promise to pair them with a good PF. It's not just Bosh, teams will overpay Amare and even Boozer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevj77 View Post
    It's because he is a quality big. The true superstar FA aren't bigs, so these teams naturally promise to pair them with a good PF. It's not just Bosh, teams will overpay Amare and even Boozer.
    Bosh is a LOT better than Amare, but still overrated. My point was the media is acting like Bosh is this perfectly polished big man with very little holes in his game, and that's not the case at all.

I'd take Lee over Bosh if LeBron comes to the Bulls. Check my sig

Pillars of the Next Generation

If he was better defensively (he isn't bad now) He's definitely a superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanPippen View Post
    That's not smart. Besides the fact that most of Lee's strengths are shared with Noah, Bosh is a far better player on both ends of the court and is a perfect fit for the roster the Bulls have.

As for Bosh being overrated, I disagree, I think he's underrated. He attacks the basket with wreckless abandon and is regularly among the league leaders in FTAs. I think that's one of the first things you look for in a max guy, can he get to the line when the rest of his game is off?

His defense is ok, after watching a bunch of Raptors games, much better than I had been hearing. The problem was, Bosh constantly had to guard his man (often the opposing Center), Bargnani's man (Bargs has cement feet on defense) and of course the Traffic Cone's (Calderon) man. That'd be tough to do for Dwight or Camby or anyone else. Bosh rotates well and avoids fouls, I think paired with a real center, his defense will only be better.

You look at what Boozer and Amare have done with MVP caliber PGs and wonder what if...
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

Pau was a 19 and 8 type of player,not better than bosh.

just slightly?

...but to answer,yes he's gotten overrated

Bosh is the best PF this class by far he's a top 10 player IMO but still overrated

Quote Originally Posted by JordanPippen View Post
    Ok.... that might be hands down the worst decision a GM could make. Why would you want Lee whose worse on D and on offense?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast