Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by magichatnumber9 View Post
    They are not contenders anymore.
    You are being silly.

Who in the East can beat them when they are 100%? They went through the 3 top teams in the East on the way to the NBA Finals. The 08-present Boston Celtics are one of the best defensive teams in NBA History. What Boston lacks right now is an X Factor whether as a 6th Man or starting.

If Boston blows their team up they may not contend for another 2 decades like what happened after Bird/McHale retired. Common sense suggests they should ride this out to atleast make the effort to contend until it is proven that they cant contend.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude901 View Post
    With Pierce opting out...we're under the cap.

Under the cap = No MLE.
    They'll have to renounce his rights first, I think? They'll be way over the cap once he & Ray re-sign. I think they'll still have the MLE

If the Celtics renounce their rights to re-sign Pierce and Rasheed Wallace follows through on his plan to retire, the team would have approximately $15 million to spend on free agents. Due to the fact they would be under the salary cap, they would not have access to the mid-level exception.
    Source
    Last edited by DaVille; 06-30-2010 at 01:23 PM.

He definitely has lost quite a step evident by how he played in the Playoffs last season. He in my opinion is still an adequate starter but nothing compared to how he used to play

Quote Originally Posted by firm_standing View Post
    The reason new people rarely post is because of people like you. And you also have a low post count, so think before you belittle anyone.

In regards to the Celtics, I don't think Paul Pierce can sign with another team if he wants to keep his reputation as a celtic great intact. With Ray Allen, I wouldn't be suprised to see him wait how the Bosh/Wade/Lebron situation unfoldes, then making a decision from there. Hes old enough where money doesn't matter; He is in it for the rings.

With rest, I think KG will be ok. Obviously not the intimidating monster he used to be, but quite serviceable for the right team.
    One of the most accurate Celtics point of view.

KG is still a monster on D. There's a possibility he can actually play better next season. Since he'll be one year removed from knee surgery.

With Pierce, he needs to hit the gym hard & get his body right. Pierce should drop 10-15 points & put more muscle on that body. As he gets older, he needs to improve his conditioning to sustain his level of play.

Why is there a new "KG is this or KG is that" thread every single day? He wasn't the player he once was but he still provides intensity and plays defense.

Quote Originally Posted by nrwskinny View Post
    Remember Garnett came into the league in 1995? He has a LOT of miles on those knees (all those bad years in Minny)....but they all go thru that.. HOFer for sure.
    What bad years?

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksBlogger View Post
    With Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce leaving the team, I guess theres a new Boston 3 party in town, Kevin Garnett, Rajon Rondo, and Lil Nate?
    But the big question is "Kevin Garnett, falling apart age wise, or team wise?"

Kevin Garnett was 31 when he first put on that Celtics green, and has been a big part of the celtics for the past 3 seasons. With the Celtics he has won a ring in the 08 season, made 2 playoff appearances and went to the finals both times ('08, '10). Garnett is now 34 and is quickly losing his "big man touch",and now without Pierce and Allen can the Celtics keep their composure of being one of the fan favorites, and a championship contender?
    Nate is a free agent

Nets '13-'14 Season: 44-38 (Last Season 49-33)
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    They COULD win but so can IND,NYK,CHI....
    Im picking the NETS to lose to IND in the first round in the 4/5 matchup
    Quote me

"The reason new people rarely post is because of people like you. And you also have a low post count, so think before you belittle anyone.

In regards to the Celtics, I don't think Paul Pierce can sign with another team if he wants to keep his reputation as a celtic great intact. With Ray Allen, I wouldn't be suprised to see him wait how the Bosh/Wade/Lebron situation unfoldes, then making a decision from there. Hes old enough where money doesn't matter; He is in it for the rings.

With rest, I think KG will be ok. Obviously not the intimidating monster he used to be, but quite serviceable for the right team."

I belittled the guy because he said that the Big 3 is now KG, Rondo and Scals. I told him that Scals was a free agent and not returning. He then changes it to Nate, also a free agent who will not be returning since they drafted Avery Bradley. I just don't see a point in this thread at all. Clearly KG has lost a step but he is still a high impact player on both the offensive and defensive end. He's not the player he used to be but he will give you everything he has in every single game he plays for the rest of his career. I don't see Paul Pierce going anywhere because it would ruin his reputation as a Celtics lifer and potential Hall of Famer and having his number retired in the Celtics rafters. I honestly don't see Ray Allen going anywhere either, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up going to Miami or Chicago depending on how free agency unfolds to get himself a few more rings. The Big Three is not Garnett, Rondo, and Nate, thats the only point I was trying to make and I think its disrespectful to throw Nate's name in with three potential Hall of Famers in Pierce, Garnett, and Allen. Of all the people currently on the roster the guy chooses Nate (who's not even on the roster) instead of a guy like Big Baby, Perkins, or Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by kingjames3403 View Post
    "The reason new people rarely post is because of people like you. And you also have a low post count, so think before you belittle anyone.

With rest, I think KG will be ok. Obviously not the intimidating monster he used to be, but quite serviceable for the right team."

I belittled the guy because he said that the Big 3 is now KG, Rondo and Scals. I told him that Scals was a free agent and not returning. He then changes it to Nate, also a free agent who will not be returning since they drafted Avery Bradley. I just don't see a point in this thread at all. Clearly KG has lost a step but he is still a high impact player on both the offensive and defensive end. He's not the player he used to be but he will give you everything he has in every single game he plays for the rest of his career. I don't see Paul Pierce going anywhere because it would ruin his reputation as a Celtics lifer and potential Hall of Famer and having his number retired in the Celtics rafters. I honestly don't see Ray Allen going anywhere either, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up going to Miami or Chicago depending on how free agency unfolds to get himself a few more rings. The Big Three is not Garnett, Rondo, and Nate, thats the only point I was trying to make and I think its disrespectful to throw Nate's name in with three potential Hall of Famers in Pierce, Garnett, and Allen. Of all the people currently on the roster the guy chooses Nate (who's not even on the roster) instead of a guy like Big Baby, Perkins, or Bradley
    I think the best way to settle this is say the Celtics only have a dynamic duo right now in Rondo and KG. This is just off of players who are signed on for next year right now. Maybe Ray and/or Paul comes back but till then it's a dynamic duo.

Nets '13-'14 Season: 44-38 (Last Season 49-33)
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    They COULD win but so can IND,NYK,CHI....
    Im picking the NETS to lose to IND in the first round in the 4/5 matchup
    Quote me

Come to phoenix, where old washed up players rejuvinate there careers.
    I Heart Kimmi Smiles

Support Her!

KG will be fine. He's doing the Jordan thing: early in his career he pounded the paint, but now he's shooting jumpers at a dangerous consistency. If KG can add a bank shot to his repertoir like Duncan or Rasheed, then he's good for another 2 - 4 years. If the Celtics keep the trio and Rondo together, they'll be fine. I wanna see if they can trade some **** for Marc Gasol. If the Lakers can get big brother for nothing, the Celtics should be able to to do the same.

Does anyone else see the resemblance?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12