Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Glad I saw this, we have a poster on the White Sox forum, literally that everyone hates and he will not leave. To some extent, that is trolling and he is just there to stir the pot most of the time. Something should be said about these posters. I mean if we are ruined about the quality, shouldn't PSD care if one poster basically crumbles a whole forum because he is that bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

Ive long thought it was a major loophole for a poster to be able to claim he is a fan and then trash players/coaches/etc repeatedly in a manner seeking to provoke other posters/fans of a team
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite regardless of their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful, dishonest, or an extremist type poster I may not waste my time replying to you.

We have this problem in the Heat forum, the guy claims to be a Heat fan then posts something praising another team. It pisses everyone off.

The main reason I bring this up is while I put concern trolls on my ignore list, it still derails the topic because numerous posters quote the garbage just to respond to it negatively or post a bunch of facepalm emoticons.

The mods will never bad or erase the garbage because no rules are exactly broken.

To try to police this would greatly expand the gray area that currently exist in the forums. At what point do we ask the mods to completely abandon the reason they came here in the first place? At the most, I would say this is for the TM's to handle on a one by one basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    To try to police this would greatly expand the gray area that currently exist in the forums. At what point do we ask the mods to completely abandon the reason they came here in the first place? At the most, I would say this is for the TM's to handle on a one by one basis.
    What would you want a TM to do in the case of somebody pretending to be a fan of a team to troll and provoke that teams board?
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite regardless of their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful, dishonest, or an extremist type poster I may not waste my time replying to you.

Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    What would you want a TM to do in the case of somebody pretending to be a fan of a team to troll and provoke that teams board?

A TM has the ability to watch a suspected poster over a period of time, and to determine that poster's intentions. It would cut way down on accidental bannings, and it would remove as much "gray" as possible. They could infract and report the poster for further monitoring. If it was just an accident, the poster would heed the warning....if not, well.....you know.

A TM has the ability to watch a suspected poster over a period of time, and to determine that poster's intentions. It would cut way down on accidental bannings, and it would remove as much "gray" as possible. They could infract and report the poster for further monitoring. If it was just an accident, the poster would heed the warning....if not, well.....you know.
    An interesting idea but 2 concerns with it.

1. A tm is not always online as much as the mods

2. TMs do not have the power to infract

An interesting idea but 2 concerns with it.

1. A tm is not always online as much as the mods

2. TMs do not have the power to infract
    Many forums have more than one TM. They can still be the eyes of the mods...they can report the potential offender, along with recommendations, so that the mods can make the right call.

As far as giving infractions...they can also inform the mods of the severity of the offense, and give the mods the background they need to make an informed decision....without making the mods run all over gods creation to chase phantom offenders.

Many forums have more than one TM. They can still be the eyes of the mods...they can report the potential offender, along with recommendations, so that the mods can make the right call.

As far as giving infractions...they can also inform the mods of the severity of the offense, and give the mods the background they need to make an informed decision....without making the mods run all over gods creation to chase phantom offenders.
    Tms are already encouraged to report people breaking the rules. That is helpful because we cant see everything. I'd like to see the loophole closed. In the Knicks forum we currently have a poster posing as a Knicks fan so he can troll.

My fellow HEAT fans are indeed correct on all accounts here.

The guy whose name has already been mentioned definitely is a troll, but he is doing it in a smart, not too obvious way. Imo a (HEAT) team forum ban would be appropriate if those are still possible.

Tms are already encouraged to report people breaking the rules. That is helpful because we cant see everything. I'd like to see the loophole closed. In the Knicks forum we currently have a poster posing as a Knicks fan so he can troll.
    The problem is that, when looking at a single post of this guy (after it gets reported for example), there doesn't seem to be much wrong with it. It always appears to be an opinion that just happens to be very impopular with the rest of the forum.

However when you see post after post like this and put them all together, then you see a clear trend of certain behaviour.

I've seen you guys give out bans for disruptive behavior before...whay would that not work?

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    PSD has never outlined rules for concern trolling because it is a somtimes difficult thing to distinguish from just a fan with off the wall/stupid ideas & opinions.

But for the administrators/moderators who don't know what concern trolling is, here is a definition I found online:

Now anyone who has witnessed a concern troll will immediately know what I am talking about, and understands how annoying they can be. I have reported users concern trolling and have been told by moderators that there was nothing that could be done but put them on the ignore list.

The most important thing is that first the moderating team understand what a concern troll is, until you understand how they operate you guys cannot set rules against them. But for those moderaters that know what I am talking about... why isn't there a rule against them?
    Good post. We see this a lot and it's good to have a clear article about it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    The problem is that, when looking at a single post of this guy (after it gets reported for example), there doesn't seem to be much wrong with it. It always appears to be an opinion that just happens to be very impopular with the rest of the forum.

However when you see post after post like this and put them all together, then you see a clear trend of certain behaviour.
    Very well said

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast