Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Yahoo: How Kobe inspired a young Messi

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/wor...ssi062610.html
    With a few casual words, spaced between bites of his lunch, Kobe Bryant chalked up an assist in helping modern soccer’s greatest player achieve his full potential.

It was the 2008 Beijing Olympics and Bryant, just a few days short of leading basketball’s Team USA to the gold medal, spotted some members of the Argentina men’s soccer team huddled around a table in an athletes village food court.

“Where’s Messi?” Bryant demanded. “I want to see Lionel Messi.”
    Seeing how it's a couple days until free agency mania, and how the world is caught up in the World Cup, I think this article shows how much of an influence Kobe has on the sports world. It's just talent recognizing other talent.

If Kobe was 5'10'' he'd be playing for Team USA soccer lol
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu

“Meeting Kobe, it made me think about who he is and what he has achieved,” Messi said. “Even when he got to a very high level of success it was not enough. He continued to push himself and challenge himself. That is a great mentality for an athlete to have. It makes you think, ‘If he has this kind of mentality, why not me, too?’

“I love football and I am driven to improve, but yes, I think it did give me a little extra inspiration.”

Free As Seagull.

Kobe and Messi:"Extra Inspiration"

Found this today in Yahoo. Kobe met Messi back in Beijing during the Olympics and gave the kid a little pep talk. Ever since then, to note, Messi has been on a tear in the soccer world winning literally every individual and team award since.

“Meeting Kobe, it made me think about who he is and what he has achieved,” Messi said. “Even when he got to a very high level of success it was not enough. He continued to push himself and challenge himself. That is a great mentality for an athlete to have. It makes you think, ‘If he has this kind of mentality, why not me, too?’

“I love football and I am driven to improve, but yes, I think it did give me a little extra inspiration.”

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/wor...ssi062610.html
    Greatness is a Virtue

Messi is the man. Greatest football player right now. But I still got Cristiano Ronaldo cuz I'm he is "something else".

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Messi is the man. Greatest football player right now. But I still got Cristiano Ronaldo cuz I'm he is "something else".
    You got me confused man.
    Greatness is a Virtue

Quote Originally Posted by _KB24_ View Post
    You got me confused man.
    Messi is the greatest but I prefer to say that Cristiano Ronaldo is better even though I know Messi is better.

love messi and love kobe...

“The only thing I’ll tell you,” said Rose, “is it’s gonna change one day and when it does it’s going to be scary.”

09-29-2010, 12:33 PM
    Originally Posted by sargon21
    24 ppg, 8+ apg and improved defense along with an improved 3pt shot, plus 55+ wins and a 3rd seed could get him into the MVP conversation...

okay..... were goin to need a derrick rose thread soon. there have been enough LBJ and Kobe threads the past couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by D Roses Bulls View Post
    okay..... were goin to need a derrick rose thread soon. there have been enough LBJ and Kobe threads the past couple months.
    Who? You mean Rajon Rondo?

aha I'm just busting your balls. He'll get his share due in no time.
    Greatness is a Virtue

Messi is the Kobe of soccer

Quote Originally Posted by D Roses Bulls View Post
    A forum is for user created content. Make the thread about Derrick Rose instead of waiting for one, and your problem is solved.

Great athletes work hard.

I really don't know where this thread actually belongs, maybe the soccer forum?

But yes, Lionel Messi is an absolute beast.

I decided not to go to college because Kobe inspired me...

Messi was going to amazing with or without Bryant's little chat. People act like when this stuff happens they're magically touched in some way to achieve a new level/strength/power/passion ,whatever you want to call it, that they would have never had if it didn't happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakaroach View Post
    I really don't know where this thread actually belongs, maybe the soccer forum?

But yes, Lionel Messi is an absolute beast.
    Well, I was guessing that the soccer forum(never seen it) was all packed up with World Cup. And since I'm tired of people making threads with their teams featuring Lebron in them and proclaiming themselves dynasties, I just posted it here.
    Greatness is a Virtue

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast