Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gordon Hayward

Gordon Hayward

How good of an NBA player do you think he will be? Are the Jazz justified in taking him 9th overall?

All I know is he is going to need to gain a lot of muscle lol.

He looks like a Jazz type player. I think he would be a solid role player off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by HuRRiCaNeS324 View Post
    He looks like a Jazz type player. I think he would be a solid role player off the bench.
    Haha yeah he's white.

Yeah, he did light it up in the tournament. Did he play like a beast during the regular season? I see his stats, but I'm wondering if anyone actually watched him play?

I agree, he does need to gain a lot of muscle.

I disagree about the role player off the bench. I think if you draft someone 9th overall you're looking for someone who can be a solid starter/contributor at some point. Right?

But in all honesty, I like his game, but I thought #9 was very high for him, in fact I don't see why Utah couldn't have traded to get 2 picks in the first round.

And really this pick made absolutely no sense to me. If Boozer is leaving, and Okur is frequently hurt, why not draft an Ed Davis, Cole Aldrich or Patrick Patterson. They need size to beat the Lakers, and they don't have it.

With Hayward at #9, I woulda actually taken Xavier Henry ahead of him if we're talking about position players.

Again I hope he does well, I like the kid, but if your a GM looking at this it does seem kinda strange.
    Last edited by shep33; 06-26-2010 at 08:33 PM.

When is he going to play if they've already got AK, CJ Miles, Korver (if he resigns), Wes Matthews?

I also wanted Henry, but we have Hayward now and I'm looking forward to seeing him play. Once you get past all the reverse-racism of oh he's white= unathletic/lame I think he's a solid pick. Great basketball IQ, greta ball handling/playmaking skills, can shoot, athletic and an above average defender. Needs to add muscle, but who doesnt?

our wings right now are wes matthews, CJ Miles, AK47 and Hayward. Korver wont be back, someone will offer good money for him and he's not worth keeping. And honestly, I think we trade AK's big expiring for a big anyway.

Yeah, but when was the last time the Jazz made a bad decision in the draft? They must know something we don't. I heard he is way more athletic than everyone thought. I really hope he has a productive career, I like him.

As for trading for a few draft picks, I bet the pacers would have picked him up if the Jazz didn't.

They should've drafted Henry. He was far and away the better talent.

I wanted Henry, but I'm very happy with Hayward. The kid has got the entire skill set needed to excel at the wing in the NBA. He rebounds very well for a wing. 8.2 a game is very impressive. He'll be a good player in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    When is he going to play if they've already got AK, CJ Miles, Korver (if he resigns), Wes Matthews?
    i think it was JVG who said that he could see AK at PF next season.

Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    But in all honesty, I like his game, but I thought #9 was very high for him, in fact I don't see why Utah couldn't have traded to get 2 picks in the first round.

And really this pick made absolutely no sense to me. If Boozer is leaving, and Okur is frequently hurt, why not draft an Ed Davis, Cole Aldrich or Patrick Patterson. They need size to beat the Lakers, and they don't have it.

With Hayward at #9, I woulda actually taken Xavier Henry ahead of him if we're talking about position players.

Again I hope he does well, I like the kid, but if your a GM looking at this it does seem kinda strange.
    Boozer is leaving and they have Millsap to fill in and hes going to be great.

Hayward is going to be good for the Jazz. Learning under Sloan will be great for him. I think he;ll come off the bench but he could definitely earn a starting role if he stays focused. Not a strange pick at all. Utah has a great system and he'll fit in nicely. This dude gets underrated because he looks like hes 12 and should be playing in a rec league not the NBA. But this kid can flat out ball.

You can't find a player any more like AK47. Will be a great replacement for him in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by celtsballa21 View Post
    You can't find a player any more like AK47. Will be a great replacement for him in the future.

His game is almost nothing like AK47's.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast