Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marc Staal

Marc Staal

According to Brooksie...
    NYP_Brooksie

Uh oh. Sather on contract talks with Group II Marc Staal: "Wouldn't say there's a wide gulf, would say there's a chasm." Agent is Bobby Orr.

it's a contract negotiation. lets not make this more than what it is.

Not surprising. We have heard similar hard bally type comments in the past during negotiations for our own players. Staal will be resigned. I'm not worried.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite regardless of their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful, dishonest, or an extremist type poster I may not waste my time replying to you.

Well, I'll put this out there, as much to get some talk going, if nothing else. But it seems rather atypical Sather would not only speak to the press about Staal's contract re-negotiation status, but to call it a "chasm." i.e., worlds apart. Could it be a precursor to getting us prepared for a transaction that would involve Spezza, and possibly negotiating rights with Volchenkov?

Not likely in my view, but I do think Sather commenting on this is a bit odd. And these players are both likely to be playing with other clubs next year, not to mention a large bonus payment to Spezza coming due soon if he is not traded.

Trade negotiations happen between the two parties, the only time it comes to the media is when there's a big problem IMO.

I remember Slats using the media during negotiations with his own teams players going all the way back to the 1980's. He did it with Duby last off season as well.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite regardless of their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful, dishonest, or an extremist type poster I may not waste my time replying to you.

I'm sorry Staal is not a 3 mill. player not in this life & not in this league sorry guy's but if he is sitting on 3+ mill. per, let him sit on it back on the farm.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

trade him....hes not good!

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

So, if there is an impasse, the end resolution is through arbitration?

Quote Originally Posted by liltedspop View Post
    I'm sorry Staal is not a 3 mill. player not in this life & not in this league sorry guy's but if he is sitting on 3+ mill. per, let him sit on it back on the farm.
    I actually felt that he was worth around 3.5 million.

dude you're the only one on this planet who thinks he isn't worth 3 mil per.

he's worth 4 mil per.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan89 View Post

he's worth 4 mil per.
    actually i agree

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan89 View Post

he's worth 4 mil per.
    dude thats 1 of the most absurd comments I've ever seen posted on here. I have more faith with MDZ on the ice than I do Staal, he's an accident waiting to happen & he was not even effective against Ovechkin this season. He made 866,000 this past season & through arbitration he might get 1.5 or 1.7 but 4 mill. he'll never be that kind of player. a 4 million dollar defensman better put up big time offensive number's in this day in age & Staal is not that type of player. Chris Pronger is a 5mill per player & Staal is not anywhere near that class of player so please before you make a statement like that be able to back it up, because it's a totally ludicrous statement.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dude thats 1 of the most absurd comments I've ever seen posted on here. I have more faith with MDZ on the ice than I do Staal, he's an accident waiting to happen & he was not even effective against Ovechkin this season. He made 866,000 this past season & through arbitration he might get 1.5 or 1.7 but 4 mill. he'll never be that kind of player. a 4 million dollar defensman better put up big time offensive number's in this day in age & Staal is not that type of player. Chris Pronger is a 5mill per player & Staal is not anywhere near that class of player so please before you make a statement like that be able to back it up, because it's a totally ludicrous statement.
    marc staal had a +/- of 11
    MDZ had a +/- of -20

Staal had 27 points last year, nearly doubling his points total from the previous season, so he's clearly improving on the offensive end.

He's worth 3, I was figuring 4. If you don't think so, watch how many offers come for him if they can't sign him, his name and Dubinsky's name always come up in trades, most teams in the league want these guys.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast