Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Best Players still available from the 2010 Draft

Who are the best players still available who were not drafted in the 2010 NBA Draft?
    --Frankie LO---
    --@frankielo--

Jerome Randle, Sherron Collins

Local players waited, but never got the call

By Mario Aguirre

Inquirer Staff Writer

In the NBA draft's two rounds Thursday night, no area players were selected through the 60 picks.

Among local players who were projected to be taken late in the draft were Villanova guard Scottie Reynolds and Duke University center Brian Zoubek (Haddonfield Memorial High grad) but neither got a call.

Undrafted players still have a chance to land on an NBA roster as free agents in summer leagues, such as ones held in Las Vegas and Orlando, Fla.

Reynolds finished his collegiate career as the school's second all-time leading scorer. A 6-foot-2 dual guard, Reynolds was a consensus first-team all-America in 2009-10 and a first-team all-Big East selection. He averaged 18.2 points his senior year.

Slowed by injuries and limited playing time, Zoubek emerged as a critical role player for Duke during its national championship title run. He was hampered by foot problems his sophomore and juniors years, but went through a resurgence midway through his senior season when he became a starter.

The 7-1 center averaged 5.6 points and 7.7 rebounds in almost 19 minutes his final year.

Temple University guard Ryan Brooks (Lower Merion High), Rider University's Ryan Thompson (Lenape High) and Villanova's Reggie Redding (St. Joseph's Prep) also remained undrafted.

Brooks, a 6-4 senior, averaged 14.3 points his final year, and was named to the second team all-Atlantic Ten Conference.

Thompson, a 6-6 guard, led Rider in scoring and assists the last two seasons. He averaged 17.2 points, five rebounds and 2.8 assists his senior season.

Redding, who became a second-team all-Philadelphia Big Five selection, averaged 7.3 points and 4.7 rebounds in 23 games his senior season.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sport...#ixzz0rr6aVVvK
    Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else
    Zoubek will be a pretty good nba center in my opinion, who takes a chance on him?
    --Frankie LO---
    --@frankielo--

Quote Originally Posted by Lindystud36 View Post
    Zoubek will be a pretty good nba center in my opinion, who takes a chance on him?
    I would love for the Cavs to take a shot on him. Right now we have Andy and......no one else. Z and Shaq are FA, and Z is not worth having at this point. Shaq can still contribute around 20 min a game. So, I feel Zoubeck would fill a need and we need more of a defensive C in my mind anyway.

And if they could at least sign him it wouldn't make me feel like the draft was a complete fail for them after saying they are looking at trading in and then end up with no picks.

^ there are many teams i would like to see a fundamental big man go to
    I think this kid is going to be a talent in the league, not allstar but very serviceable
    --Frankie LO---
    --@frankielo--

jon scheyer is still available. As is sherron Collins and brian zoubek. Those are the 3 guys I can see ending up on some team next season.

Sherron Collins (if he can get in shape), Scottie Reynolds, Brian Zoubek.
    Taylor Gang Or Teabag A Mouse Trap
    Courtesy of NYtilIdie

Sherron Collins (from Kansas), Manny Harris (from Mich), and Matt Holdin (from Gonzaga)

MJ + Allan Houston= The Good Ol' Days.

Sherron Collins, Jon Scheyer, Manny Harris, Charles Garcia, & Tyren "Time" Johnson.

Zoubek is a big stiff who has underachieved his entire career. He didn't deserve to get drafted, and he still doesn't. He might get a few NBA call-ups but hes a NBDL guy at best.

mikhail torrance anyone !! he was in the second half of every mock draft i saw during the last 10 days. what the hell happened ?

Quote Originally Posted by Madness23 View Post
    mikhail torrance anyone !! he was in the second half of every mock draft i saw during the last 10 days. what the hell happened ?
    I dont know. He had to have had some bad workouts, its hard to see a guy who everybody thought was going in Round 2 to completely go undrafted.

center Art Parakhouski
    Peyton Manning 4 time MVP (2003, 2004, 2008, 2009)the most in NFL history...
    Tim Duncan 2 time MVP (2002, 2003)
    Disappointed Cav fan

Ben Uzoh, Charles Garcia, Alexey shved, Mikhail torrance
    Peyton Manning 4 time MVP (2003, 2004, 2008, 2009)the most in NFL history...
    Tim Duncan 2 time MVP (2002, 2003)
    Disappointed Cav fan

Very surprised Scottie Reynolds didn't get drafted by someone. Can't stand Zoubek but I'm sure someone will give him a call also.

Omar Sahman.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast