Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If you're a BIGNAME FA; do you consider joining the Spurs?

Or has their window closed?
    As a Spurs fan I know the Timmy era is near the end, an when that day comes it will be sad for the NBA, I know most of y'all hate him cause he's boring? But look what the man has done, 4rings/2xMVP/3xFinalsMVP/ect. An still has a little left in the tank. So with a resumé like that do you consider joining the Spurs? I mean we still have a solid group.

Parker/Hill
    Manu
    _
    Mcdyess/Blair
    Timmy/Splitter(FINALLY comin from overseas)

So assuming RJ opts out that saves us 16 mill. An with bonner,mason,bogans on the move(7 mill) that leaves us wit about 10 mil to spend on a guy( since were over the cap) so do you look into something like that or expect same result Spurs had this year(2ndRoundExit) just want some thoughts so please talk basketball an not your feelings. Thanx
    Last edited by SpursEvolution; 06-21-2010 at 01:56 AM.

I would love to see Joe Johnson sign with the Spurs. Put Manu at SF and Johnson at SG. I think Johnson has exactly what they lack, which is someone who can score all over the floor and create his own shots. He would immediately come in and be the main option on offense and would help take pressure off Duncan late in his career. The more I think about it, the more I would like it.

why would RJ opt out. he would go from 16 million to like 2 million at best. he may suck but his agent isnt stupid

No way will RJ opt out. His value has never been lower...

Hmm jj to the spurs? Nice
    go bears go bulls go cubsray: go blackhawks(new fan) go spurs

ninja rap haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx7dt0Wscpc

they gotta get their cash spurs cant offer that right now

I doubt they would, if they sign a 3-6 year deal I don't think Duncan, Ginobili, or Parker will be there, heck I don't know if Pop will even be there. So I doubt it. Another team in Texas comes to mind, Houston. They got good players and if they added a big like Bosh or Stoudamire they'd be pretty solid

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train#35 View Post
    I would love to see Joe Johnson sign with the Spurs. Put Manu at SF and Johnson at SG. I think Johnson has exactly what they lack, which is someone who can score all over the floor and create his own shots. He would immediately come in and be the main option on offense and would help take pressure off Duncan late in his career. The more I think about it, the more I would like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by iggypop123 View Post
    why would RJ opt out. he would go from 16 million to like 2 million at best. he may suck but his agent isnt stupid
    I agree with both of these posts
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

RJ is going to pick up his option. But that makes him an expiring deal. Would ATL take RJ and the #20 pick in a S&T for JJ? Maybe. It would give them the upgrade at SF I think they need (Marvin Williams should be a combo forward off the bench). RJ would also fir the more athletic style of basketball ATL plays as opposed to SA, so he would probably excell there. The #20 pick is definatley a major asset as well.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

You must be delusional if you think RJ is going to opt out. He would even make 1/4 of what he's guaranteed in the market. Who the hell gave him that deal, was it MIL or NJ? Stupid.
    Greatness is a Virtue

There's no way as far as I can tell that the Spurs can offer a max contract to a free agent, so the question seems to be kind of a moot point.

That said, it seems to me that the most sensible "big name" addition would be a big who could play alongside Duncan and take some of the pressure off him in terms of holding the middle, and then continue playing alongside TP after Duncan retires (assuming Parker stays with the Spurs long term).

They always do well (or almost always, at least) attracting talent, it's a destination a lot of veterans are open to going, but their guaranteed salary for 2010-11 is well over the cap, so beyond the MLE I think they're pretty much limited to vets minimums and anything they can swing through trades.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train#35 View Post
    Joe Johnson would be great, but Manu at SF? We need length & atleticism inside, 3 point shooting, backup pg(not a necessity), and defense on the wing. I would take JJ in a heart beat, but there is no way Manu is a SF. Could JJ even come here and fit in with the Big 3? Didnt he leave the Suns to be the man and get his payday? Also, with that scenario, how will we fill out the rest of the roster? Johnson is a FA so it would have to be a S&T which I doubt he does.

Do big names think about us? Sure. Will they come? No.

Quote Originally Posted by SpursEvolution View Post
    Or has their window closed?
    As a Spurs fan I know the Timmy era is near the end, an when that day comes it will be sad for the NBA, I know most of y'all hate him cause he's boring? But look what the man has done, 4rings/2xMVP/3xFinalsMVP/ect. An still has a little left in the tank. So with a resumé like that do you consider joining the Spurs? I mean we still have a solid group.

Parker/Hill
    Manu
    _
    Mcdyess/Blair
    Timmy/Splitter(FINALLY comin from overseas)

So assuming RJ opts out that saves us 16 mill. An with bonner,mason,bogans on the move(7 mill) that leaves us wit about 10 mil to spend on a guy( since were over the cap) so do you look into something like that or expect same result Spurs had this year(2ndRoundExit) just want some thoughts so please talk basketball an not your feelings. Thanx
    Also with all of them gone we are still over the cap. If RJ were to opt out, it wouldnt give that much more. We have to rely on the MLE, LLE, BAE, Vet. mins. & the draft. Hopefully a nice S&T comes our way. But the Spurs would have to feel real confident in it due to our financial situation.

RJs value may be at an all time low but you still can't overlook his near 17ppg. He just didn't fit the Spurs system and I'm sure we can all agree. Put him on a run&gun style team an he's your guy. Opting out I guess is a long shot but S&T is best choice right? 16 mill is nice to play with. JJ would be nice though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast