Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What about Tyson Chandler

I hear he might opt out his final year with the Bobcats and if he does he might be the defensive center we need who can also catch a ball and dunk. Its obvious Damp is gone and i think he is better than our current option . How would yall feel about trying to sign him?

Do we need a thread for every player we could have a chance at going out and getting? Were not gonna sign him. We are too far over the cap to sign anyone but the MLE and he wont be here with the MLE which makes him only possible with a trade. So no.
    TAKE PRIDE

hes not better than haywood

He would only become an option if we didn't return Damp and Haywood. I think the reason Tyson is opting out isn't because he expects more per season, but rather he knows if he gets a new contract this summer he will make more in the long run before the new CBA. Similar to Amare's thinking, but just a lot less money value.

He cannot really think he's worth more than the MLE. He might, but he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by thedfactor View Post
    He would only become an option if we didn't return Damp and Haywood. I think the reason Tyson is opting out isn't because he expects more per season, but rather he knows if he gets a new contract this summer he will make more in the long run before the new CBA. Similar to Amare's thinking, but just a lot less money value.

He cannot really think he's worth more than the MLE. He might, but he's not.
    I agree! Plus he gets injured a lot. He would be a back up only. I also think we trade Damp and get hiim back after he gets cut. We really don't need him. Also Drew Gooden will be signed too, so NO TC NO WAY.
    45 __ Raef LaFrentz __ 45
    Kansas Jayhawks 94-98 / Dallas Mavericks 01-03
    "This is the place to be. This is the team of the future. Last year we fell short of our long-term goal. But we're young and going to have a large window. I feel good to be a part of it." - Raef LaFrentz Feb. 2002

Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    I hear he might opt out his final year with the Bobcats and if he does he might be the defensive center we need who can also catch a ball and dunk. Its obvious Damp is gone and i think he is better than our current option . How would yall feel about trying to sign him?
    It would be a sign and trade deal. I'm for it for a number of reasons; when he has been healthy he plays well and he does post good numbers on both ends. If the report I read on DB.com is true and he is healthy he is a good option at 28 years old. If the Mavs have concerns about Haywood (who I want them to keep) then he would be the best option. Hopefully they would take Terry and his deal or swap him for Haywood in a S&T. Either way it is worth the risk.

What about no?
    I am in favor of cutting taxes under any circumstances and for any excuse, for any reason, whenever it's possible.

Milton Friedman

Arlington, Texas - Home of the Cowboys and Rangers
    If we get Tyson Chandler we'll win the championship in 2011, I guarantee it.
    Last edited by BlondeBomber41; 11-22-2014 at 12:35 AM.

We keep Haywood, I'm very pleased. That simple

We got Tyson!
    45 __ Raef LaFrentz __ 45
    Kansas Jayhawks 94-98 / Dallas Mavericks 01-03
    "This is the place to be. This is the team of the future. Last year we fell short of our long-term goal. But we're young and going to have a large window. I feel good to be a part of it." - Raef LaFrentz Feb. 2002

We were already discussing Tyson in about 3 other threads, was there a need for a pointless post in a month old thread? No

I like the trade. We unload Dampier, Najera, and Carroll for Chandler and Ajincca(I think that's how it's spelled). I don't know **** about this Ajincca kid but he's 7-1/265lbs. which gives us another big guy to help out the C spot. Tyson does get injured a lot but he is an excellent rebounder and decent shot-blocker(not great but decent), which is something we need. Him and Haywood might make a nice combo.
    We Still Hate You Cliff Lee!

LD what the **** is with the Rays ****? lol
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    LD what the **** is with the Rays ****? lol
    It's flipping funny bro--although I am a fan of Longoria. Hadn't had time to post but thought it would be funny to start posting in the Rangers forum representing the Rays. Almost was gonna use the Yanks to really jack with folks but then I thought I might get killed for that one. lol

btw This trade does suck. I haven't been keeping up with the Mavs as much cause it's baseball season(duh-lol) but I didn't know we could have traded Dampier for Jefferson. Instead we get Chandler? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! some of these dudes are doing lines with Wash. I mean if I did read that right then they wouldn't part with Dampier for Jefferson which is downright ******* ********.
    We Still Hate You Cliff Lee!

It really isnt that bad of a trade! Chandler Haywood duo is excellent when healthy. You get rid of Najera and Carrolls deals and you get a 6.8 trade exception for Damp. Chandler gives us another great trade asset at the deadline. As does Damps 6.8 TE. This by no means helps us win a title but it does give us more options when we are in a position to trade for someone who will help us contend for a ring.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast