Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Is Kobe the Rondo Stopper?

Really Rondo has only played 1 good game this series, game 2, and that was with Kobe being in foul trouble.

I love Rondo, and I'm a Laker fan, but really he hasn't done much this series with Kobe on him.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Really Rondo has only played 1 good game this series, game 2, and that was with Kobe being in foul trouble.

I love Rondo, and I'm a Laker fan, but really he hasn't done much this series with Kobe on him.

What do you guys think?
    I think he's bound to explode for a really good game.

I think any above average defender can shut down Rondo. Rondo is extremely overrated considering all you have to do is force him into bad plays since he can't shoot the ball himself.

Official Edmunds/Vea Crew

Kobe has done a good job on Rondo. But the way the Celtics work is whoever is hot that night go with it. Im sure Rondo will explode in one of the next few games. If not, Ray allen will with Fisher on him since Kobe is guarding our PG

Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    I think any above average defender can shut down Rondo. Rondo is extremely overrated considering all you have to do is force him into bad plays since he can't shoot the ball himself.
    So basically, your calling 99% of the pgs in this league bad defenders then, because Rondo pretty much has his way most nights with them.

Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post

What do you guys think?
    I think it is a combo of that and the Lakers bigs as it is much tougher to get in the paint.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Is Ray Allen the Kobe stopper, because Kobes only had 1 good game and it was when Ray Ray was in foul trouble.

Kobe IS playing good D on Rondo, but the Celtics aren't asking Rondo to score so far this series. Most of the game plans are centered around KG and Ray, because of supposed mismatches.

The coaching staff believes that Ray should be able to take advantage of Fisher, and that Garnett is quicker than Bynum and Gasol, so it's Rondo's job to make THAT happen right now.

I saw Rondo blow a couple pretty open shots at the basket last night, his offense just seems a bit off. Probably a combination of that and Kobe.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    DerekRE 3 just get the **** out. i mean no one takes you seriously and i bet im the only one with enough balls in my shorts to tell you to **** off. you're not a good poster. go **** yourself.

Yeah I remember Rondo missing a couple of lay-ups last night too. Kobe is a great defender but it also helps to have the three towers behind you playing defense.

how so? by double teaming a celtic big or any other player and completely ignoring rondo until rondo takes it in the paint and blows past him or when rondo bricks an uncontested jumpshot with kobe nowhere near him and they call him a great defender

Quote Originally Posted by bostncelts34 View Post
    So basically, your calling 99% of the pgs in this league bad defenders then, because Rondo pretty much has his way most nights with them.
    not necessarily, I'm saying they aren't playing him right. It really isn't that hard to guard a player that cannot shoot.

Official Edmunds/Vea Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Is Ray Allen the Kobe stopper, because Kobes only had 1 good game and it was when Ray Ray was in foul trouble.
    Allen's (both of them) are playing pretty good D on Kobe. Kobe shot the ball decently yesterday, and played a good game 1 offensively, and a very good game 3 defensively when he struggled. Didn't get into any flow in game 2 cause of the fouls. I think Tony Allen does a better job, but Kobe can't really get into the lane cause Sheed, KG, Davis, Perk are all waiting for him in helpside. He's almost forced to shoot jumpers, and he's missed some pretty easy ones that he usually makes.

I also think Kobe is getting tired, he handles the ball for them most of the time cause he has to initiate the offense, every game he's guarded Rondo, Pierce, or Allen for some pretty significant stretches. Chasing Ray Allen is tough to do, especially when Fish gets those early fouls and Kobe is forced to chase him. I think Bryant played the entire 2nd half yesterday too, he was dead tired at the end of the game, and Phil even talked about it in the presser.

I guess the same can go for Rondo and LA's bigs, but whenever Odom is in the game i'm surprised he didn't attack more. I just kinda expected more from Rondo, but still 3 games left.

Quote Originally Posted by ToldYa View Post
    how so? by double teaming a celtic big or any other player and completely ignoring rondo until rondo takes it in the paint and blows past him or when rondo bricks an uncontested jumpshot with kobe nowhere near him and they call him a great defender
    I think Kobe is a very smart defender, he's taking away Rondo's strengths and allowing Rondo to play with his weaknesses. He steps off him yes, but whenever Rondo starts to come to the paint he cuts him off, and credit Kobe for getting back in transition against Rondo, a lot of guys woulda just trotted back, but LA missed a lot of shots yesterday, and Boston's fast break wasn't that productive most of the game.

is Tony Allen the Kobe stopper?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast