Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sev66 View Post
    Looking over the list, we should try Leopold who is making under 2 million, Svatos or Tanguay who will also sign under or around 2 million, the guy I want is Stepniak who is 26 and making around 2.5 million and had a great finish to the season and might get around 3-4. A name that I saw who is a big forward that has 20-30 goal potiential is Alex Ponikorski who finished in Pittsburgh but was a disappointment there. Goaltending SUCKS!! Dan Ellis might be the only option better then Leighton at or around 2 million.

Offseason:
    Powe 1yr-550k
    Leopold 2yr-4 million (28yrs old)
    Leighton 2yr-3 million
    Svatos 2yr-3 million
    Cobourn 2yr-5 million

That is 8 million spent with a different look and a little bit of cap space left.

Gagne-Carter-Richie
    Hartnell-Leino-Briere
    JVR-Giroux-Svatos (lots of speed)
    Powe-Betts-Lappy

Pronger-Carle
    Kimmo-Coburn
    Leopold-Bartulus

Leighton, Boucher
    (if we need cap space we can sent Boucher to the Minors and free up 1 million). use Backlund as a backup.
    you really think that they are starters?

If Emery comes back full and healthy I expect him to be this teams #1 or #2 goalie going into the year.... Leights will get a big contract else where lets be honest..... dont really see a team not offering him some cash which prob leaves Bouch as our #2 or #3. (pretty sure he will resign cheap)

We need to ship Carter out of here, I might get some hate for saying this but it needs to be done. He still has value to him and for me personally he is one of the most streaky players in the nhl. I love his wrist shot when its on but when hes slumping man it burns. Lets not mention how he sometimes gets ADD on the ice, I think hes busy trying to pick out the chick he wants to take home with him. We need another good winger here that can bring us all around offensive play. We have a lot of guys that can fill that Center position and its always easier getting a winger.

We also need to go out and get a goalie, but im not too pumped with the FA's this year. Lets not fool ourselves seeing names like Turco / Nabakov / Theodore are somewhat exciting... esp if it was 5 years ago. Turco and Nabakov are going to be 34 going into this year and I think Theo has out worked his prime. If anyone here at all I would like to see Peter Budaj here but he re-signed just the other day so that blew that load for me. I still have the hopes for Price getting here somehow someway and allowing Price and Emery to go head to head..

Give me

Price + a D-man + Winger = happy man and retrip to the cup

Someone mentioned Rechhi and (in another thread) Brind'Amour - while these guys are old lets not forget what they bring to teams DOWN THE STRETCH. Having one of these 2 guys on the 4th line is not a bad option to be honest with you. I am open for the possibility of one of these two coming back to Philly!
    Last edited by fanofphilly; 06-11-2010 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    If Emery comes back full and healthy I expect him to be this teams #1 or #2 goalie going into the year.... Leights will get a big contract else where lets be honest..... dont really see a team not offering him some cash which prob leaves Bouch as our #2 or #3. (pretty sure he will resign cheap)

We need to ship Carter out of here, I might get some hate for saying this but it needs to be done. He still has value to him and for me personally he is one of the most streaky players in the nhl. I love his wrist shot when its on but when hes slumping man it burns. Lets not mention how he sometimes gets ADD on the ice, I think hes busy trying to pick out the chick he wants to take home with him. We need another good winger here that can bring us all around offensive play. We have a lot of guys that can fill that Center position and its always easier getting a winger.

We also need to go out and get a goalie, but im not too pumped with the FA's this year. Lets not fool ourselves seeing names like Turco / Nabakov / Theodore are somewhat exciting... esp if it was 5 years ago. Turco and Nabakov are going to be 34 going into this year and I think Theo has out worked his prime. If anyone here at all I would like to see Peter Budaj here but he re-signed just the other day so that blew that load for me. I still have the hopes for Price getting here somehow someway and allowing Price and Emery to go head to head..
    Give me

Price + a D-man + Winger = happy man and retrip to the cup

Someone mentioned Rechhi and (in another thread) Brind'Amour - while these guys are old lets not forget what they bring to teams DOWN THE STRETCH. Having one of these 2 guys on the 4th line is not a bad option to be honest with you. I am open for the possibility of one of these two coming back to Philly!
    emery suffered a pretty much career ending injury this past season so i don't think he'll ever play again, let alone be back with the flyers.

and carey price? really? i'm really starting to doubt that kid will ever be a big time goalie.

people that want nabakov are nuts. he's old, he's gonna want a lot of money, and he played horribly in the WCF. If you're gonna spend that much money on a player make it kovalchuk, not nabakov.

list of some players i'd like to see the flyers take a look at (i'll explain some later cuz i'm running out the door and i'm sure i'll get some "huh's????"):

lombardi C
    gagner C
    frolov LW
    ponikarovski LW
    kostitsyn LW (r)
    svatos RW
    ryan RW (r)
    volchenkov D
    leopold D
    gustavsson G (r)
    pavelski C (r)
    wolski LW (r)

2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Out of the LONG list of UFA's and RFA's....there's only 8 players I'd like the Flyers to consider - in my opinion...

UFA's
    Marek Svatos & Lee Stempniak - could provide quickness and a goal scoring winger for Richards or Carter. Svatos for the 3rd line....Stempniak for the 2nd line.

Dan Hamhuis - They were rumored to be trading for him at the deadling, would he have made a difference in the Stanley Cup finals? Who knows....

Peter Budaj - He's an interesting goalie who I think would excel with a defense like the Flyers' in front of him....

RFA's

Bobby Ryan - Mike Richards and Bobby Ryan would make a helluva combination on that top line...two guys who can score AND hit....Trade Carter and Coburn and a 2nd rounder for him....doesn't matter....just get it done...

Peter Mueller - was decent on a terrible Phoenix team....was terrible on a decent COL team....he'd definitely upgrade the 3rd line winger position.

Devon Setoguchi - quick winger who would add a demension to the 2nd or 3rd line....

Mason Raymond - goal scoring machine as long as he has a setup man - someone like Giroux or Richards?

Carey Price - I think there's untapped potential there....he needs to be in an environment that he's the clear cut #1....

Why is everyone so willing to keep Hartnell on the second line? Sure he had a few good games in the finals but 2 weeks ago a lot of people would have been content with him being benched for Carter or Lappy. I'd still be happy to see the Flyers find a way to trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    Why is everyone so willing to keep Hartnell on the second line? Sure he had a few good games in the finals but 2 weeks ago a lot of people would have been content with him being benched for Carter or Lappy. I'd still be happy to see the Flyers find a way to trade him.
    This past year was the first one since 2004 that he didn't record more than 20 goals. He's two years removed from a 30-goal season, he is one of the few big forwards we have and one of the best at getting to the front of the net and he works his *** off in the offensive zone.

If we got good value back for him, I wouldn't mind be totally against trading him, but moving him for the sake of getting rid of him is selling low on a guy who has a good shot at a nice rebound year next year. Especially with a full year of playing alongside the guys he did in the playoffs.
    [IMG]http://********.com/image.php?u=80452&type=sigpic&dateline=1310177540[/IMG]
    Remember

Oh I'm not suggesting giving him away but if we could package him with someone (Carter?) for a legit RW or get a young third line player to help drop cap room so they can sign an elite goalie I wouldn't be upset. He takes waaaaaayyyyy too many stupid penalties and after the last 2 weeks of his impressive play his value can only go down, very similarly to Umberger a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    Oh I'm not suggesting giving him away but if we could package him with someone (Carter?) for a legit RW or get a young third line player to help drop cap room so they can sign an elite goalie I wouldn't be upset. He takes waaaaaayyyyy too many stupid penalties and after the last 2 weeks of his impressive play his value can only go down, very similarly to Umberger a few years back.
    I see what you're saying (though him and Carter for a RW or a third liner is overpaying by a lot). I don't think he's comparable to Umberger, though. His impressive play hasn't only come in the form of goals, which can be the result of just being in the right place at the right time. He's doing just about everything you want him to do when he's in the offensive zone.

As for the stupid penalties, that's one drawback, but I expect him to take less if he's not getting as frustrated on the ice as he was last year.
    [IMG]http://********.com/image.php?u=80452&type=sigpic&dateline=1310177540[/IMG]
    Remember

i don't see why many of you think two players are needed to get bobby ryan from anaheim or any other big name player for that matter. i mean if it's a goalie, sure you're gonna have to give up quite a bit. but carter and maybe a 2nd or 3rd could get ryan here easily IMO.

who knows. it's way too early IMO to be having these conversations about who to trade and what not. once we get into july i think then we'll have a much clearer picture of what this team will look like for next season.

oh, and as far as the whole hartnell being on the second line conversation, personally i don't think it matters what "line" it is as long as he's with briere and leino. whether it's labeled the 2nd or 3rd or 1st i don't think matters much. as long as those guys are kept together they'll make for a hell of a line next season.

gagne richards holmstrom (over 35 cheap contract and load it with incentives)
    leino briere hartnell
    jvr giroux legein or maroon (one of these two will be on this team)
    lappy betts shelley (upgrade tough guy and cheaper then carcillo and asham)

pronger
    carle
    timo
    hamhuis (depending on what gonchar signs for he will get like around 2 million less then what he signs for)
    aucoin (solid year last year and will make less then he did last year because of his age)
    marshall/bartulis/bourdon/gustafsson (one of the young guys will get a shot at the 6th spot, hopefully marshall)

vokoun/halak/bernier/schneider
    boucher or leighton as backup

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyonthespot View Post
    gagne richards holmstrom (over 35 cheap contract and load it with incentives)
    leino briere hartnell
    jvr giroux legein or maroon (one of these two will be on this team)
    lappy betts shelley (upgrade tough guy and cheaper then carcillo and asham)

pronger
    carle
    timo
    hamhuis (depending on what gonchar signs for he will get like around 2 million less then what he signs for)
    aucoin (solid year last year and will make less then he did last year because of his age)
    marshall/bartulis/bourdon/gustafsson (one of the young guys will get a shot at the 6th spot, hopefully marshall)

vokoun/halak/bernier/schneider
    boucher or leighton as backup
    holmstrom i believe signed back with the redwings already.

boucher will be the backup next season cuz he's already under contract. leighton is only back if they can't find a better solution at #1.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    holmstrom i believe signed back with the redwings already.

boucher will be the backup next season cuz he's already under contract. leighton is only back if they can't find a better solution at #1.
    yeah your right. id rather let leighton just walk and put boucher on the phantoms....i could careless who is the back up.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    emery suffered a pretty much career ending injury this past season so i don't think he'll ever play again, let alone be back with the flyers.

and carey price? really? i'm really starting to doubt that kid will ever be a big time goalie.
    avascular necrosis (also had a torn labrum) is what ray emery suffered from. this is not a career ending type of process or surgery, it has become more and more common these days. depending on the severity of it then yeah it could be career ending, but anything could be. Only thing out there is saying that Emery will not be ready for preseason but is doing well in his therapy and is scheduled to be ready for the start of the NHL season.

This is the same type of surgery that Brett Favre has had, Phillies ex pitcher Myers, Wash new RB Willie Parker.... its the new "ACL" of sports injuries. It USED to be a potential career ending injury but medicine has come so far along and evolved so much that like I said its becoming more and more common.

Regardless I feel you are wrong about Price, I think this kid will be amazing in Orange and Black if there is a way to get him. I guess we can agree to disagree

why would the Flyers want to invest in an injured goalie and hope that he can make it through a season? Isn't it time to bring in a sure thing?

Not saying they are going to invest in him, but you could get a good possible goalie for pretty cheap and he could surely be a backup

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast