Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Ferry to resign as Cavaliers GM

Cleveland Cavaliers general manager Danny Ferry is close to parting ways with the franchise less than two weeks after the dismissal of coach Mike Brown, triggering a dramatic reshaping of the team’s brain trust as it desperately tries to retain LeBron James(notes), league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Ferry’s contract ends this summer. He had said after the Cavaliers’ second-round loss to the Boston Celtics that he would speak with owner Dan Gilbert to decide whether it was best for him to continue as GM. Gilbert seemed open to having him stay, but Ferry, who was disappointed about having to fire Brown, a close confidante from their days with the San Antonio Spurs, decided to leave less than a month before James becomes a free agent.

Assistant GM Chris Grant is expected to take over for Ferry.
    Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...avaliers060410

The Sports Current
    All the News for All the Teams. Are you in the Current?
    Like This Page

Yikes. Not a good sign for Cleveland when they're trying to keep their core (LeBron) together.

Wow, looking like the Cavs-Lebron relationship is done. The fans are going to resign as well, to where Lebron is going.

looks like LeBroom is out of the pic for Clev...

"Killer Instinct"

I officially guarantee that lebron leaves the cavs after this news. The only bright spot the cavs had if lebron left or to have the cavs keep lebron, was that Ferry was the gm, now that he's not. It's over.

"He ain't even stretch doe!" - D'Angelo Russell

I think this helps the Cavs chances for Lebron.

he should..

Isn't it funny how the words resign and re-sign are spelled the same but mean the complete opposite?

Yeah. I think this could help. Ferry did squat really in helping him out. The best he did was bring in Shaq (the oldest player in the league), Mo (a joke in the playoffs) and Tawn (who's old too, and had no time to fit in). Depending on who they find to replace Ferry, it might actually encourage him to stay.
    Hello

I don't know... couldn't this just be cleveland doing everything they can to retain LeBron? First off, I'm calling BS on Danny Ferry resigning on his own accord. I'm sure Dan Gilbert wasn't going to extend his contract anyway, and in order for all parties to maintain face, they had Ferry "voluntarily" step down.

Besides the money, the Cavaliers team doesn't have much to pitch at LeBron except that they're making changes in the front office. That's the only thing they can do, because it's not like they can alter the roster much. So the pitch would be: "Listen we fired Mike Brown and Danny Ferry because they didn't get the job done.... blah blah blah"

Quote Originally Posted by Reyes6 View Post
    Isn't it funny how the words resign and re-sign are spelled the same but mean the complete opposite?

"He ain't even stretch doe!" - D'Angelo Russell

I love Chris Grant, He will do a very good Job as GM. Lebron also respects him. ( I've seen them talk quite a bit before games.) Good relationship.

He's also the mastermind Behind the scenes if you will. Very smart man. Does most of the scouting in trades, FA's and drafts.

Also spearheaded the design and construction of the Cavaliers’ state-of-the-art player development center, Cleveland Clinic Courts.
    Last edited by prodigy; 06-04-2010 at 02:13 PM.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by JordanPippen View Post
    I don't know... couldn't this just be Cleveland doing everything they can to retain LeBron? First off, I'm calling BS on Danny Ferry resigning on his own accord. I'm sure Dan Gilbert wasn't going to extend his contract anyway, and in order for all parties to maintain face, they had Ferry "voluntarily" step down.

Besides the money, the Cavaliers team doesn't have much to pitch at LeBron except that they're making changes in the front office. That's the only thing they can do, because it's not like they can alter the roster much. So the pitch would be: "Listen we fired Mike Brown and Danny Ferry because they didn't get the job done.... blah blah blah"

No they have more then that. They have many trade pieces they could use to obtain Bosh or JJ. more likely JJ.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    no they have more then that. They have many trade pieces they could use to obtain bosh or jj. More likely jj.
    hahaha

15. 06-04-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    No they have more then that. They have many trade pieces they could use to obtain Bosh or JJ. more likely JJ.
    Cavs have very little to offer any team, AV is good, but not at that contract and he's only valuable to a contending team.

No draft picks, no salary cap space... Hickson is their biggest trade chip.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast