Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Looks like the Kings have made up their minds.

Los Angeles Kings Statement
    Wednesday, September 16, 2015
    Wednesday, 09.16.2015 / 4:21 PM PT / Los Angeles Kings | News
    LA Kings.com
    Print E-mail
    LOS ANGELES – On July 2, Slava Voynov entered a plea of no contest to domestic violence. Since that development, Mr. Voynov has been in the custody of the Seal Beach Detention Center and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. During this period of detention, the Los Angeles Kings decided he would no longer play for the team. The method by which we would ensure this outcome was something we carefully considered and we established a deadline of September 17 – the beginning of our 2015-16 training camp – to reach this outcome. Recently it became evident to us that our conclusion to this process would be to terminate Mr. Voynov’s Standard Player’s Contract. However, Mr. Voynov’s announcement today of his intention to leave the United States and return to Russia makes the termination unnecessary.

Here we go!

Jones kicked their butts and Quick didn't look good. They are going to regret the day they traded Jones.

Well they looked real good against Jones this time.

Well, I might have stated on the regular season thread, but I expect some changes. Team has lost some fire. First guy that needs to be traded is Dustin Brown.

He's disappeared over the last two seasons. Team needs defense and blue chip players which we don't have any of.

Will Darryl Sutter resign? He's waiting to to see what Lombardi does in the off-season.

We still have a solid core with Quick, Doughty, Kopitar, Toffoli, Carter, Pearson, Muzzin, and Martinez. But, we also have too many role play/depth players who just aren't good enough.

Hope Matt Greene is healthy for next year. Thought Nick Shore was going to be an offensive weapon.

Gabornik another player that can be moved.

We have no one in our farm system as backup goalie either.

Yes, much work to do in the off-season.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

San Jose vs St. Louis great semi-finals....

San Jose smoked us good and beat a very good Nashville team.

On another note, with Washington playing All-World during the regular season loses to Pittsburgh.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least that the Sharks win it all - they're deadly defensively and offensively. Martin Jones has been stellar!

Mets Dieharder Since '63

Well they resigned Sutter and he says changes are coming. I agree with you that Brown has to be gone, he has been nothing offensively and hasn't really been throwing his weight around either.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    San Jose vs St. Louis great semi-finals....

San Jose smoked us good and beat a very good Nashville team.

On another note, with Washington playing All-World during the regular season loses to Pittsburgh.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least that the Sharks win it all - they're deadly defensively and offensively. Martin Jones has been stellar!
    Well, I picked San Jose correctly, but incorrectly picked the Washington. Never suspected Pittsburgh. Phil Kessel re-energized.

Sharks beat Penguins in a great six game series/ Martin Jones has been great.

Mets Dieharder Since '63

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/kings-...9418--nhl.html

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) -- The Los Angeles Kings have re-signed defenseman Brayden McNabb to a two-year contract.

The Kings announced the deal Saturday.

McNabb has been a dependable presence on defense the past two seasons, scoring 38 points in 152 games. He had two goals and 12 assists with 92 penalty minutes in 81 games last season for Los Angeles, missing only the regular-season opener.

The Kings acquired McNabb in March 2014 in a trade with the Buffalo Sabres, who drafted him in the third round in 2009.

Good signing!

Mets Dieharder Since '63

Not good news for the Kings:

http://email.fansided.com/c/eJx1T8uO...-453xd_gMY_GFt

Upcoming free agent forward Milan Lucic would reportedly welcome an offer from the Oilers.

Milan Lucic is about to hit free agency for the first time in his career.

After spending the first eight seasons of his career with the Boston Bruins and spending last season with the Los Angeles Kings, Lucic is set to cash in as an unrestricted free agent. He will certainly have a plethora of suitors to choose from.

One of them? The Edmonton Oilers.

From ESPN:

Hey, there are worse things than riding shotgun for Connor McDavid, right? Lucic would be a great fit [in Edmonton]. The Oilers would definitely make him an offer on July 1, and I think Lucic would be open to the destination.
    Playing alongside an elite talent like McDavid would certainly be a very tempting thing for Lucic. Something else to consider is that Lucic is very familiar with Oilers general manager Peter Chiarelli. Chiarelli drafted Lucic back in the 2006 NHL Draft and the pair were played significant roles in the Bruins’ Stanley Cup Final run back in 2011.

Lucic is coming off an impressive season with the Kings. He had 55 points (20 goals and 35 assists) with 231 hits. Lucic had a 3.1 percent even strength Corsi For percentage while primarily playing alongside Anze Kopitar on the Kings’ first line. He was among the best defensive wings in the NHL in 2015-16. His 79 penalty minutes in 81 games was the second lowest penalty minute total of his career in a full season.

Mets Dieharder Since '63

Sometimes I don't understand the Kings front office, they trade an outstanding goalie in Jones to get Lucic and Lucic clearly wants to stay, so get him. It seems that simple.

Kopi will now wear the "C", that has to be a sure sign Brown is gone.

I'm completely underwhelmed by their off season, letting Lucic go was a joke.

No major moves, but how many guys do you have coming up in the next year or two that need to be retained? I would also agree that Dustin Brown is going to be departing, but it is smart to wait until after the frenzy to evaluate the best deal for him.

The Kings have a pretty good mix of both young and vets. Kopi wasn't cheap and then they will have to decide if they want to keep Carter or not. I think the Kings are going to have to stay creative with the cap space as always.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast