Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rashard Lewis: Most Difficult Contract?

Some people here say that the 76ers E.Brand has the most unmoveable contract in the league. Even more so then Arenas deal..( Which is BS )
    But to me, R.Lewis has easily the WORST NBA deal of everyone. The dude is a one-trick pony who HAS to have Dwight Howard taking away defenders down low so that he gets uncontested jump shot after jump shot...and STILL the dude can't hit the ocean with the ball if he shot it out of a BOAT!!

I mean his contract is ridiculous. And to compare Brand's as being anywhere near as bad as Lewis and his Cancer of a contract is ridiculous! What say you all ?

As a fellow 76ers fan, who the hell cares? Fact is, Elton Brand blows. He is robbing the Sixers of their money. Please stop trying to tell everyone otherwise.

I would trade Shard for Brand.

otis smith will find out soon enough

How can he be robbing them when THEY offered him the money ? Think before you mke silly statements Forrest Gump!! Brand has never even been given the opportunity to show what he has done in the past. Yes his first year wasbecause of a shoulder Injury. But this season, when he was completely healthy, Brand was hindered by a stupid Coach who was BORN to be selling me my favorite Chicken at Churches, rather than have ANY sort of job in the NBA. As a 76er fan,,,you SHOULD know this. You also shoul know that Lewis has the easiest job in the world. He gets nothing but wide-open shots, and for the most part, he " TANKS " them. And he is going to make more money next year alone then Dwight will see in any one season for the next three years.

And you say that Brand's deal is worse ?....Okay dude...WHATEVER!!!

Areans contract is better than both lewis and brand. That gun incident made arenas contract look this bad. The guy is still young and can produce like ~25ppg and ~8apg.

Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    As a fellow 76ers fan, who the hell cares? Fact is, Elton Brand blows. He is robbing the Sixers of their money. Please stop trying to tell everyone otherwise.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Sixerfixer, you may want to learn about punctuation.

For better or for worse at least Orlando has become a better team with Lewis... Washington, for a time, was better with Arenas.... But the 76ers have been terrible since Brand suited up.... Brand has done nothing but collect fat checks.

I'm not saying Lewis deserves the money he is getting, but he was part of a team, an important part, that made it to the Finals last year and the Conference Finals this year... That has to say something.

Bottom line, I'd rather be diagnosed with Lewis cancer than Brand Cancer... I think I can live with Lewis, but Brand is a death sentence for sure.

I kinda don't like this "cancerous" word.

Quote Originally Posted by jackdawson View Post
    Areans contract is better than both lewis and brand. That gun incident made arenas contract look this bad. The guy is still young and can produce like ~25ppg and ~8apg.
    He's never been close to 8 assists per game, averages good ppg's but field goal % is putrid

Shard's contract is bad but yeah Orlando was stupid to offer him max money when he didn't even deserve it back then, I mean he only averaged 22 and 6.6 rebounds and nothing else that was significant. So Orlando is stupid for offering him that when no body else really wanted him back then. Brand's pretty bad too, but in some sense he offers more than Shard, plus Brand does have stretches where he plays good could be a sign he's misused in the Sixers and the Princeton offense certainly wasn't helping anyone. Gilbert can still play but doesn't change the fact that he's an idiot and he's doesn't make anyone around him better and you never know when he's going to get arrested and probably one more incident and he's out of the league.

Why is there always a thread about a certain individual after a couple of bad games? Know one complained about Lewis last year and during the first 2 rounds in this year playoffs so STFU. Boston was just the better team.

ottis smith spent too much cash on this guy. and wouldnt resign turkoglu.. i wish he did..

um, yes. I have been saying his deal was the worst deal in the NBA for a while

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast