Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,024

    Here is the scenario your the Perry Fewell

    You have the ability to trade 2 Defensive players and you pick the starting line up for the 2010 season.

    NO bashing were all G-men fans

    And yes i know i messed up on the title idk i put the in there

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    166
    Stay the course. OTA's are the beginning of continuity and I wouldn't continue to mix things up. I would be planning a scheme like fewell, by making use of 3 safety sets. I would make use of a package similar to a 46 D yet instead of having the LB go knuckles down, I would have the DE's stepping back. Starting lineup would depend on who we were playing and what allignment.

    Tuck coefield canty osi to start but the rookie would go in on 1st and 2nd for running down if his big body can hold the line. Tuck would sneak his way at tackle here and there as canty would find himself at DE from tie to time.

    Sintim Boley and ....blackburn, until a camp competition proves another is more worthy put the elder statesman in. He has filled in fine before and the down grade wont be as glaring with the rest of the team healthy. maybe he will step up. If the D line it getting a lot of pressure and not allowing the blockers to get to the linebackers I would not mind putting Boley in the middle and throwing a third safety at rolb. That would be the set where that big DT we drafted comes in.

    I think this MLB issue is this years braylon edwards. With have a stable of young kids and some seasoned vets who have done their time. We have the talent at every other spot on the D so there is no need to be disloyal and not give the kids a chance to fight it out for the MLB position. I am as excited about the d this year as I was about the WR's last year.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by GPriza View Post
    Stay the course. OTA's are the beginning of continuity and I wouldn't continue to mix things up. I would be planning a scheme like fewell, by making use of 3 safety sets. I would make use of a package similar to a 46 D yet instead of having the LB go knuckles down, I would have the DE's stepping back. Starting lineup would depend on who we were playing and what allignment.

    Tuck coefield canty osi to start but the rookie would go in on 1st and 2nd for running down if his big body can hold the line. Tuck would sneak his way at tackle here and there as canty would find himself at DE from tie to time.

    Sintim Boley and ....blackburn, until a camp competition proves another is more worthy put the elder statesman in. He has filled in fine before and the down grade wont be as glaring with the rest of the team healthy. maybe he will step up. If the D line it getting a lot of pressure and not allowing the blockers to get to the linebackers I would not mind putting Boley in the middle and throwing a third safety at rolb. That would be the set where that big DT we drafted comes in.

    I think this MLB issue is this years braylon edwards. With have a stable of young kids and some seasoned vets who have done their time. We have the talent at every other spot on the D so there is no need to be disloyal and not give the kids a chance to fight it out for the MLB position. I am as excited about the d this year as I was about the WR's last year.





    Not so much.... The MLB position for the Giants has essentially been the quarterback of the D. Comparing the issue to "this years Braylon Edwards" is laughable. Everyone knew what we had in Steve Smith and most of us knew the potential we had in Nicks and Manningham. However, GOFF is NOT the answer in the middle and Blackburn is a reliable BACKUP but he's NOT going to lead this D to excellence. We could have picked up a few veteran MLB's and we didn't and I think that's going to hurt us this year.



    It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,706
    Push for a trade at MLB....Sorry too much inexperience their

    Get a veteran LB as well to help Boley out on raising the young guys

    Keep your defensive line(even though to this day i will never like our JPP 1st round pick)

    Heavy DT work outs, the only one safe is Linval Joseph...all else are on thin edge. I like the guys at the position we have but realistically none played to their capabilities, if none of them had/have good OTA's or workouts..Show them the door and push possible trades.


    The Good Ole Days

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,024
    I wouldn't mind tradeing the chargers for shawne merriman stack him on tucks side for a massive pass rush or on osi's side so he can play the run and osi plays the pass. i wouldnt give up anything more than a 3rd .

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    9,652
    Merriman would be useless. Also showing all our DT's the door has to be one of the dumbest comments ever. We have lots invested in Canty and he was hurt last season. Coefield is solid and is in a contract year, and Alford is coming back off injury.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by uwish1127 View Post
    Push for a trade at MLB....Sorry too much inexperience their

    Get a veteran LB as well to help Boley out on raising the young guys

    Keep your defensive line(even though to this day i will never like our JPP 1st round pick)

    Heavy DT work outs, the only one safe is Linval Joseph...all else are on thin edge. I like the guys at the position we have but realistically none played to their capabilities, if none of them had/have good OTA's or workouts..Show them the door and push possible trades.





    It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    Merriman would be useless. Also showing all our DT's the door has to be one of the dumbest comments ever. We have lots invested in Canty and he was hurt last season. Coefield is solid and is in a contract year, and Alford is coming back off injury.
    I agree that we have to much invested in canty to be 1 and done with him and cofiled has been stable, idk i dont think merriman is useless . idk he is a good linebaker the leg injury really set him back but i can see sintim being like him with the pwoer and speed . which would be nice

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    166
    "Not so much.... The MLB position for the Giants has essentially been the quarterback of the D. Comparing the issue to "this years Braylon Edwards" is laughable."

    Laughable? Did you not see this forum last year between the months between Plaxicos arrest and September? The majority were in panick mode and few were hyped about the inexperience of our WR's.

    Which free agents? Anyone worth a big contract? Morrison was a big fish on a crappy defense so he wouldn't be a certified savior.

    The MLB was the coach for the last few seasons true, except that its a new coordinator who could have the safety calling the plays if need be. You also don't need a pierce there all you need is one to call out the coordinators calls.

    Your need for a all knowing defensive general on the field IS the same as those claiming we needed a top five WR to have an offense. And let us not forget teams would victimize that defensive qb with TE and Half back routes consistently and he was just as much a weakness as as strength.

    In fact, his whole value as a QB came out because we had a DC and back up safeties who couldn't get their **** together. His leadership role was do to the retirement of Strahan. With a DC doing his job and the talent surrounding the MLB there is no reason to go reaching around. What we need is more speed at the position if anything. Whats laughable is that in the Superbowl year pierce would have been been at least behind Strahan, osi, tuck and webster as for as importance. Butler would call the plays when he was off the field.

    Got to disagree my man nothing funny about it ya'all in panick mode.

    Good article below:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ers/index.html

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,087
    Cut Bernard. That is all.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,706
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan007 View Post
    [/COLOR]

    obviously you don't understand football


    The Good Ole Days

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    153
    I would trade Osi Umenyiora. Kiwi is the starter and like it or not The Giants drafted a DE at 15 overall. I think as soon as Osi gets pulled or doesn't start he will run his mouth again and we do not need that.

    Try to get a Middle linebacker if not trade Osi for picks and let Goff, Blackburn, Wilkinson, and Dillard fight for the job. But I would trade Osi, and picks for a really good ILB.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmyze316 View Post
    I would trade Osi Umenyiora. Kiwi is the starter and like it or not The Giants drafted a DE at 15 overall. I think as soon as Osi gets pulled or doesn't start he will run his mouth again and we do not need that.

    Try to get a Middle linebacker if not trade Osi for picks and let Goff, Blackburn, Wilkinson, and Dillard fight for the job. But I would trade Osi, and picks for a really good ILB.
    Fair enough, but who will we get? If I was another team knowing the giants are loaded with DE's i would be low balling as much as i could. We are not going to get an impact MLB for him. I'd rather keep him on than to trade for draft picks because trading him would just be begging murphys law to come in effect and you will see Tuck and Kiwi go down with injuries. If someone would trade us a starting caliber MLB sure, that's fine i just don't think that is realistic. Also has Kiwi proven he is better than osi? I don't recall him impressing me much last year either.
    Bernards gonna find his way out of the rotation by the middle of preseason.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,107
    I'm the Perry Fewell

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    906
    love that madden pic. thats pretty funny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •