Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Some off-season updates and OTA stuff after morning of Day 1

Tight end Kevin Boss will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his right ankle Monday and miss four to six weeks. Offensive lineman Kevin Boothe tore a pectoral muscle and will miss the next four months. I wouldn't be surprised to see Boothe miss the entire 2010 season. That's the same injury that knocked Cowboys offensive tackle Robert Brewster out last season.

From what we saw, Jonathan Goff worked with first team at middle linebacker alongside Clint Sintim and Michael Boley.

Giants went with Justin Tuck, Barry Cofield, Chris Canty and Mathias Kiwanuka to start on the front defensive line. Osi Umenyiora did sub in and work with first-teamers, sometimes with Kiwanuka on the other end.

RB Ahmad Bradshaw was initially reported by team as out of OTA but later the speedy running back took a snap and bursted through the line. He continues to work on a limited basis as he rehabs from surgery on his feet and an ankle.

RB Andre Brown says he is about a week away from doing everything full-speed. He got a lot of work during OTA and was seen cutting. Brown ruptured his Achilles during training camp last year.
    Also, Cofield on the almost trade:

Im so excited to get into these meeting rooms and getting on the field with my teammates that it is almost like a distant memory to me now, Cofield said. I know I am going to be a Giant and that is all that matters.
    Follow me @JakeAllinCiely and I will answer your questions within hours!

Or listen every Sunday morning at 11am and get your lineup questions LIVE baby!

good stuff....keep it coming

Thanks for the update, keep em coming. Sucks for Boothe, that really hurts our oline depth and that's not somewhere where we can afford to have problems :S

If you on Twitter, follow me, I'm @Giants1111
    For the best information on the Giants' follow me!
    http://twitter.com/Giants1111

Already looked there - and none of this was referenced - that's why I said after morning OTAs - since there was more news (especially the Boss and Boothe injury stuff and Cofield's statement)

The Boothe' and Boss' news respectively was already posted in the News thread. But I see your point, my apoglizes. Maybe combine both? Who cares, still a nice read!
    If you on Twitter, follow me, I'm @Giants1111
    For the best information on the Giants' follow me!
    http://twitter.com/Giants1111

Quote Originally Posted by Giants11 View Post
    The Boothe' and Boss' news respectively was already posted in the News thread. But I see your point, my apoglizes. Maybe combine both? Who cares, still a nice read!
    Ah didn't see that there. Originally thought about posting in yours...but, last post was the 23rd so didn't want people to miss out thinking it was just a response to the tangent that start being discussed there.

Either way, see what you're saying too