• 3-5

3 30.00%
  • 5-10

2 20.00%
  • 10+

0 0%
  • Never!

5 50.00%

How long Will Spurs Become A Lottery Team Again?

With the decline of Duncan and the recent sweep. How long do u think they go after the lottery ball and hopefully the #1 pick again?

It's not a question you can answer, there's way too many variables at play. It's all about free agency, player development and just generally how they play their cards. Which, being that they're one of the best run organizations top to bottom in sports history, will probably be quite well.

Also, Duncan's decline? Because he averaged a few less minutes this year and his numbers are slightly lower because of it? I'd say he's still one of the premier bigs in the league; you can pencil him in for 20/10/3 just about every night, as you always have been able to. One of the most consistent superstar the game has ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    It's not a question you can answer, there's way too many variables at play. It's all about free agency, player development and just generally how they play their cards. Which, being that they're one of the best run organizations top to bottom in sports history, will probably be quite well.

Also, Duncan's decline? Because he averaged a few less minutes this year and his numbers are slightly lower because of it? I'd say he's still one of the premier bigs in the league; you can pencil him in for 20/10/3 just about every night, as you always have been able to. One of the most consistent superstar the game has ever seen.
    just goes to show how great he is at the game of basketball. aging better than my boy kg, although getting covered by antawn jamison sure takes a few years off the old odometer.

if i were the spurs i'd think about moving manu for a young guy or two now before he breaks down for good. he's one of my favorite players to watch period, but he just looks like he's got one maybe two seasons left. same with duncan but you don't trade him. i can also see him averaging a 20/10 til the day he retires. parker, hill, blair, ian mianhmi (spl?) , couple draft pick steals, they'll be okay. time to start thinking about the next party though, if you're the fo, because this one is almost over.

It depends how well their late draft picks work out. Eventually every team must become a lottery team at least once in 20 years, right? Even the Lakers for example had that one year where they didn't make the playoffs. But if you draft well and sign the right players, you can be one of those teams that don't make the playoffs once, but then gets back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post

Duncan surely has declined over the past years not so much on the offensive end but his defensive suffered. He is still one of the best low Post players the is in the league, but on the defensive end you really see that he lost a step. Just look at his defensive rtg. etc and you will see that the last 2 years were a big dropoff. He still is very good, but the guy was an absolut monster on the defensive end (think dwight).

I still think he can deliver but he won't shut down top Pick'n'roll Teams on his own.