Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Stern: NBA will discuss issue of resting players

I looked around the forum and didn't see a thread about this.

"Stern: NBA will discuss issue of resting players

Posted Apr 14 2010 5:11PM

NEW YORK (AP) -- David Stern says the issue of players resting at the end of the regular season will be discussed among NBA executives, though he doesn't see anything coming of it.

The commissioner says he is "troubled by it, because it would be our preference that healthy players play," but says the decision is one that has always been left up to the teams.

The Cleveland Cavaliers have not played LeBron James since clinching the NBA's best record."

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/04/14/s...s=iref:nbahpt2

I think it would be dumb for the league to make a rule against this. The Cavs for example, get to rest LBJ since they worked hard to get the leagues best record. I think it should stay the way it is, up to the team to let their players rest or not.
    Got the Shades Ready for All those $hiny Rings

Quote Originally Posted by MSG34 View Post
    Carmelo Anthony has now hit as many game winning shots in a knick jersey as the Lebron, Wade and Bosh have this season

********. If teams want to rest their players, they should be able to.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    DerekRE 3 just get the **** out. i mean no one takes you seriously and i bet im the only one with enough balls in my shorts to tell you to **** off. you're not a good poster. go **** yourself.

If LBJ started that game against the Bulls, Raps would be in the playoffs.
    That's one issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Exactly, and its not like the league will be able to do that much anyway.

+1

It's not just in basketball either. Why should there be a regulation telling teams that 'healthy players' must play. There's no other word for it, it's ********. What if that player who wanted to rest gets injured in-game? Wtf is Stern gonna do about it? ********. Let 'em rest if they want to, it's their decision, their consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by MaHaRaJaH View Post
    If LBJ started that game against the Bulls, Raps would be in the playoffs.
    That's one issue.
    If the Raps played any kind of defense, they wouldn't be in a position like that.
    DerekRE 3 just get the **** out. i mean no one takes you seriously and i bet im the only one with enough balls in my shorts to tell you to **** off. you're not a good poster. go **** yourself.

stern should decide if this is a SPORT or a SHOW.

If its a sport and means competition he should allow team todo what they think best in order to WIN when it matters.

If its a show then of course he has to make teams play their stars.
    ]

The teams work hard to put themselves in the position to rest their best players. Its not like they're gonna rest their best players during an important game.
    Got the Shades Ready for All those $hiny Rings

Quote Originally Posted by MSG34 View Post
    Carmelo Anthony has now hit as many game winning shots in a knick jersey as the Lebron, Wade and Bosh have this season

I'm a Raptor fan and have no problem with LBJ sitting out after Cleveland clinched. We should point fingers at our own people instead of being upset at a team looking out for it's own best interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    stern should decide if this is a SPORT or a SHOW.

If its a sport and means competition he should allow team todo what they think best in order to WIN when it matters.

If its a show then of course he has to make teams play their stars.
    This.

Seeing how Stern seems upset about this shows how much he cares more about the superstars in the league that make him money rather than the sport itself.

If the Raps played any kind of defense, they wouldn't be in a position like that.
    true but like it or not, resting guys like bron, had a huge impact on the playoff race.

i dont think NBA wants the issue of players playing or not, to shape the playoff picture.

thats probably sterns' concern. like it or not bron would have had a huge impact in the chicago game, CLE may have won that game. jus saying.

At my old job, I get my week's workload done in like 2-3 days and just relax on Thursday and Friday... Sure my boss never knew, but it's not like it hurt my overall performance, I did what was required from me, that's all that matters.

Super Bowl LIII: Los Angeles Rams vs Jacksonville Jaguars

Quote Originally Posted by Rego247 View Post
    true but like it or not, resting guys like bron, had a huge impact on the playoff race.

i dont think NBA wants the issue of players playing or not, to shape the playoff picture.

thats probably sterns' concern. like it or not bron would have had a huge impact in the chicago game, CLE may have won that game. jus saying.
    Right but that's not Cleveland's problem, that's just part of the game. The Cavs job is to do what they think is best to win a title. If that means resting Lebron or any other player, that's their right.

And honestly, does it matter who the Cavs sweep in the 1st round?

David Stern

The Sports Current
    All the News for All the Teams. Are you in the Current?
    Like This Page

This rule wont change a thing. Players would start using fake injuries to get out of it anyways.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast