Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Butler's Stevens May Have NBA Future

Butler coach Brad Stevens could have a future in the NBA.

An NBA general manager said the following on Stevens after the team's loss to Duke in Monday night's National Championship Game, according to Adrian Wojnarowski.

"Well-respected NBA GM just texted on Brad Stevens: 'Is he an NBA coach? Pretty sophisticated for his age and experience,' " Wojnarowski wrote on his Twitter page.
    http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/11679793814

do you guys see any GM's taking a chance on him?

No way, he is just too young to be a head coach. Maybe in a few years though if he gets up in the college ranks and keeps proving himself. I could see him being a very good NBA coach down the line if players buy into his system.
    Last edited by Kakaroach; 04-06-2010 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Spelling

It would be a bad career move for him. He should go to a bigtime school and put some solid runs together. He would be younger than alot of players in the NBA, it wouldn't work.

Let's see what he does in the next few years.

We have seen some young NBA coaches like Lawrence Frank, so it wouldn't be bizarre to see him getting hired.

It would only work on a young team like the Thunder or Blazers. And even then, it would be a stretch. And I can't even imagine him trying to coach a veteran dick like KG. I DO think he's a great coach and I absolutely think that he's going to get interest by GM's a few years from now, but it's a bit too soon for that.

I agree with Gibby on this one, he needs to go to a major conference school (many will be calling) and run it there for a few years to earn a little more reputability among the pro's. But if his unbelievable success continues in his first couple years there, NBA GM's aren't going to want to wait around too long to contact him in fear that another team might do the same before they have the chance.

I'll make a prediction that he's an NBA coach before the age of 40.

Man he looks younger than some of his players.

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    Why would he want to? He's a great fit for the college game, hope he doesn't need to learn the hard way like Pitino that it's not as much fun coaching multi millionaires as it is coaching guys giving it their all like his team this year.

hes pretty young maybe in a couple years

clippers? unless they dont have a replacement already. lawrence frank was about 33 when he started coaching the nets. he did fairly well in his first three years and then the dismantling started.