9 29.03%
  • No

6 19.35%
  • Give him one more year

16 51.61%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ktownguy31 View Post
    i wouldnt fire him yet 1 more yr to see how he does
    I think RW should be given an opportunity to work with a more talented team.
    He isnt getting much credit for playing and improvement of the young players that he should.
    Kaberle as the Senior Leaf should be called to account for poor decisions .
    The improvement of overall defence is clearly a result of better talent.
    Last edited by Big Goal; 04-03-2010 at 10:27 AM.

I think Wilson should an will get untill the end of next year where hell need to make the playoffs or get damn close

Yes he should be fired.

Leafs need someone who actually knows what he's doing when it comes to special teams

yeaa the Leafs need to Fire Ron Wilson its like team usa running the leafs and ron cant run the team cuz look where the team is at now from ron running it

I think the coach is always the scapegoat. Burke inherited a terribly managed team and needed to create a huge overhaul of players. To think that there is only 10ish players on the roster since he came over. The lockout was really the start of it all when the salary cap came in and high spending teams were punished.
    Wilson might be tough but if you have a team of young, unproven players, the last thing you need is a coach who isn't going to push you and make you play hard. That way, not only do you not have the skill, but also aren't going to play hard like the leafs have showed over the year. Give him another year and then we'll see.

One thing I noticed about Burke and Wilson is that they differ on the top 6/bottom 6 thing. If you look at the lines Wilson always makes it like a top 9/bottom 3 set of lines. That being 3 scoring type lines, one grinder line. Wilson has even mentioned guys playing in the "top 9" before when referring to his lines. I just thought that was interesting because I think it is inadvertent but he is differing in philosophy from Burkie.

I wonder who's philosophy will win next year because Wilson's won this year. That was mostly due to player personnel though, because they didn't have enough grinders on this team (there were too many Jason Blakes - scorers who didn't score much). After the game on Thursday against Buffalo Wilson was talking about potential lines for next year. He said Bozak, Stalberg and Hanson would likely be together, that Kulie and Grabo had chemistry together and that Naz would be up next year and he would look for him and Kessel together. He said, "You kind of look for pairs like that." To me that looks like 3 scoring lines right there. If you add in 2 scoring wingers that's your top 9 right there. I'm guessing that the 4th line would include Colton Orr and Freddie Sjostrom because you wouldn't put Shoey on the left side of Kessel and probably not on the right of Grabo and Kulie.

Anyone see the difference in opinion there between top 6/bottom 6 and top 9/bottom 3. Burkes traditional top 6 would be loading up Bozak, Kulemin, Kessel, Kadri, Grabo and one other on the top 2 lines and having grinders like, Sjostrom, Orr, Hanson, Wallin, Caputi, possibly Mitchell or Rosehill on the bottom 2 lines.
    Last edited by scotttube; 04-07-2010 at 10:42 AM.

I eat pieces of waffle like you for breakfast

GoLeafsGo11 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttube View Post
    One thing I noticed about Burke and Wilson is that they differ on the top 6/bottom 6 thing. If you look at the lines Wilson always makes it like a top 9/bottom 3 set of lines. That being 3 scoring type lines, one grinder line. Wilson has even mentioned guys playing in the "top 9" before when referring to his lines. I just thought that was interesting because I think it is inadvertent but he is differing in philosophy from Burkie.

I wonder who's philosophy will win next year because Wilson's won this year. That was mostly due to player personnel though, because they didn't have enough grinders on this team (there were too many Jason Blakes - scorers who didn't score much). After the game on Thursday against Buffalo Wilson was talking about potential lines for next year. He said Bozak, Stalberg and Hanson would likely be together, that Kulie and Grabo had chemistry together and that Naz would be up next year and he would look for him and Kessel together. He said, "You kind of look for pairs like that." To me that looks like 3 scoring lines right there. If you add in 2 scoring wingers that's your top 9 right there. I'm guessing that the 4th line would include Colton Orr and Freddie Sjostrom because you wouldn't put Shoey on the left side of Kessel and probably not on the right of Grabo and Kulie.

Anyone see the difference in opinion there between top 6/bottom 6 and top 9/bottom 3. Burkes traditional top 6 would be loading up Bozak, Kulemin, Kessel, Kadri, Grabo and one other on the top 2 lines and having grinders like, Sjostrom, Orr, Hanson, Wallin, Caputi, possibly Mitchell or Rosehill on the bottom 2 lines.
    Good to see there on the same page then, haha wow.
    Like you said though its probably just because of the players available. IMO going into next season the top 6 bottom 6 will be pretty clear.

That means that Grabo is now a winger or will be traded then. Kadri-Bozak are the top 2 centers and Grabo is no 3rd line center in a top 6 / bottom 6 format.

I eat pieces of waffle like you for breakfast

It's hard to take Leaf fans seriously when they want to fire the coach. It has been like this for years, whenever the team is losing, the coach has to go.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I don't think the Leafs should get rid of Wilson. Look at the talent they have compared to playoff teams. Kessel missed the first few games when the Leafs went on that losing streak. Burke is trying to acquire young talent for the team; Phaneuf, Bozak, Stalberg, Sjostrom, Caputi. The Leafs shootout record has always been bad as well, even when Sundin was captain.

I'd say if Wilson had the likes of St. Louis, Lecav, and Stamkos and still trying not make the playoffs in a weak division then definately there is something to look at with regards to the coach. Simply put the Leafs don't have the talent to compete.

A coach cant be calling out his players in the media. Young players want to trust thier coach. He should be doing the opposite and going to bat for them not embarassing them. If he wants tear a strip off a player, do it in the room not in the media. Your not going to get team unity if your wondering who the boss is gonna pick on next. Wilson is childish and egotistical and YES should be fired.

Did you guys see the game last night? The team has no fight and he has done nothing to change it.

The guy sucks. He can have success on good teams... not rebuilding ones. We need him to be fired

The most reasonable criticisms are that the special teams are awful and that it is never a good idea to call players out in public. However, who do we replace him with? Changing just to change doesn't work. Look at the Flyers this year and the Rangers last year. They are no better now than they were before. They also have a lot more talent than the Leafs have had for the first season and a half Wilson has been here. Since the trades were made, the Leafs have been equal to or better than both. I put no importance on what Wilson did at San Jose. The Sharks are a soft, flawed team. Who will they get knocked out by this year? They are the Western Conference version of the Sens. They aren't Wilson's fault.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123