Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Al Harrington?

Al Harrington?

He has been known to be black hole at times, but is a good slasher, shooter, good post moves and always been known to be a great locker room guy.. he isnt going to be a Knicks next season and wants to play for a winner.. he has been injured all season long and still puts up 18 a game.. he is a free agent.. i was just wondering what the fans around the league think of him and how much is he worth..

example:
    Spurs could use his offense to stretch the d more for Duncan as a 7th man off the bench for 25 mins per game.. 5 years 30 mill

Nets if they dont aquire a big to go next to Lopez..

i know the bulls and Bucks were interested in him also close to the trading deadline..

I think Jamal Crawford is a good comparison (yes i know they play different positions). I think their roles and contracts should be similar, as they have similar impact on games. Al should go to a contender, as he is not getting any younger. His offensive skills can boost someones bench production (maybe LAL, Utah, Portland)

I think he is the definition of a Full MLE player, I think he brings more versatility and more value as a 6th Man than as a starter. Hes a good scorer but on a good team he'd be a 4th option.

At his age he might be looking to win now so I dont think he'd look at the Nets despite being his hometown team.

he is instant O but if you have any young players you want to develope forget about it because when the ball touches his hands on O he is shooting one way or another.

I would agree he belongs on a contender Boston, LAL, SA etc.

Teams with a serious need for a scorer who can get his own shot, or scoring in general, will be interested. Several teams have cleared room for 2010 and quite a few are going to miss out on big free agents, so these B/C tier players will land decent contracts somewhere. He just turned 30 so he should have 3-5 productive years left.

denver could use him

AL woud be a great Laker... Phil Jackson wouldnt put up with his foolishness... He'd be forced to play team ball on a great team..

Standing on Sacred Ground

When the season starts and the blatant homerism subsides, people will realize the 2 biggest flaws on our team. MAYBE??

4 millions per year and I'd welcome him to the lakers
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

If he goes to a team with discipline and a winning attitude, I think he can be a dangerous 6th man...A team like Phoenix would be good for him...or maybe the Spurs if Manu leaves.

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    Only problem is, it's impossible for him to play for a winner, because any team he plays for won't win

He would be a very good 6th man... their job is to come off the bench and provide a scoring punch and AH can certainly do that. I don't think he should be starting.

I agree that Harrington is definitely worth the Full MDE(5.65 per year) & as a net fan, I'd love to see him with the nets.

He'd be a great addition as either as the backup PF or SF. Our Current SF's, CDR4 & T.Williams, can both learn alot playing with Harrington.

I do believe that the nets WILL make a splash this offseason with a big FA signing.

- Getting the 1st overall pick & drafting John wall

- Trading Devin Harris to the Sixers for AI23.

- Signing a big-name Free agent Power Forward( Bosh-Max Contract or Boozer, 5yr 70mil).

Lineup w/Bosh

C) Lopez/ Boone(re-up)
    PF) Bosh/Yi/Humphries/N.Jawai(G-Tech)
    SF) T.Williams/Al Harrington
    SG) AI23/ C.Lee/CDR4
    PG) Jon Wall/ K.Dooling/Scottie Reynolds(Villanova).

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan28 View Post
    Only problem is, it's impossible for him to play for a winner, because any team he plays for won't win
    That's what they said with Jamal Crawford.

Let the DWill Era begin!!

MLE as a 6th man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast