Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would win in a game of one on one?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • #4 Zach Randolph

10 25.00%
  • #5 Tyreke Evans

30 75.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NBA Meets March Madness *Round 2* - #4 Zach Randolph vs. #5 Tyreke Evans

In an effort to combine two of the greatest creations in the world (the NBA and the NCAA Tournament), a new tournament has been created. The top scoring 64 players (per game) of the current NBA season will be facing off head to head to determine the greatest one on one player in the game today.

Coming out of the Eastern bracket:
    #4 Zach Randolph (Relevant Info: 6'9/260 | Stats: 20.9/11.8/1.9)
    vs.
    #5 Tyreke Evans (Relevant Info: 6'6/220| Stats: 20.2/5.2/5.6)

The games will be to 21 points with 1's and 2's and winners ball. First competitor to earn 21 votes will advance to the next round.

(Editors Note: Check http://manathalon.weebly.com/ to enjoy complete updates on tournament results.)

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

This is a strange one. I have to be honest for some reason my gut says Randolph. Always go with my gut.

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    This is a strange one. I have to be honest for some reason my gut says Randolph. Always go with my gut.
    all. same here. I love Tyreke's game and he's going to be stud in this league but at this moment, I say Randolph.

Reke

Reke. 1on1 games always go with the guard. zbo not quick enough to stay in front of ty

Quote Originally Posted by jfin View Post
    Reke. 1on1 games always go with the guard. zbo not quick enough to stay in front of ty
    LOL I initially read this as "zbo not quick enough to stay in front of the tv"

Quote Originally Posted by jfin View Post
    This. Guard are the winners always for 1 on 1 bcz of their quickness.

If Randolph plays off Tyreke and forces him to take jumpers... what's better Tyreke Evans mid-range game or Zach Randolph's post game?

Kristaps Porzingis

Tyreke Evans

TyFreak Evans

If Randolph plays off Tyreke and forces him to take jumpers... what's better Tyreke Evans mid-range game or Zach Randolph's post game?
    Not so sure it is that simple. Randolph does not have the lateral quickness to stay in front of Tyreke. He'd have to stand incredibly far back to the point that Tyreke could gingerly dribble forward and cancel that out. Players like Wade, Maggette, Tyreke, LeBron, who are great slashers always have people make statements like "defense will force them to take jumpers." I think every TEAM defense has tried that thousands of times and yet, they are still lethal slashers. 1 on 1, there is no way Tyreke has to take midrange jumpers. Either close jumpers or layups.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Not so sure it is that simple. Randolph does not have the lateral quickness to stay in front of Tyreke. He'd have to stand incredibly far back to the point that Tyreke could gingerly dribble forward and cancel that out. Players like Wade, Maggette, Tyreke, LeBron, who are great slashers always have people make statements like "defense will force them to take jumpers." I think every TEAM defense has tried that thousands of times and yet, they are still lethal slashers. 1 on 1, there is no way Tyreke has to take midrange jumpers. Either close jumpers or layups.
    Fair enough. Just playing some devil's advocate and I actually think Randolph would work Tyreke over down low. None of that matters anymore though because...

Tyreke Evans is the first to advance to the Sweet 16.

Kristaps Porzingis

Teams do that to Tyreke every single game, yet Tyreke gets more shot attempts and makes at the rim than any other player in the NBA, and that's with 4 other guys on the court that can help out. Put Randolph on an island against Reke, and this happens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa84lqtVAhM

or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuL1h8RO-_M&feature=fvw

or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdSAlnYei34
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    DerekRE 3 just get the **** out. i mean no one takes you seriously and i bet im the only one with enough balls in my shorts to tell you to **** off. you're not a good poster. go **** yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Teams do that to Tyreke every single game, yet Tyreke gets more shot attempts and makes at the rim than any other player in the NBA, and that's with 4 other guys on the court that can help out. Put Randolph on an island against Reke, and this happens:
    I don't watch youtube clips to prove arguments. Jerome James has a highlight mix. That's irrelevant.

http://hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Tyreke Evans

Tyreke Evans on shots at the rim shoots 60.5%. Very Impressive

However if Zach Randolph is able to force him into jumpers...

Shots <10 Feet - 32.5%
    10-15 Feet - 37.5%
    16-23 Feet - 32.0%
    Threes - 37.8%

Randolph's Post Game >>>>> Evans's Midrange Game
    Last edited by KnicksorBust; 03-31-2010 at 05:23 PM.

Kristaps Porzingis

I don't watch youtube clips to prove arguments. Jerome James has a highlight mix. That's irrelevant.

http://hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Tyreke Evans

Tyreke Evans on shots at the rim shoots 60.5%. Very Impressive

However if Zach Randolph plays off of him look what happens...

Shots <10 Feet - 32.5%
    10-15 Feet - 37.5%
    16-23 Feet - 32.0%
    Threes - 37.8%

Randolph's Post Game >>>>> Evans's Midrange Game
    You aren't understanding. It doesn't matter if Randolph plays off of him. Reke would blow by him anyways. There are PG's and SG's that do the same thing...play off Tyreke, and he still goes by them. What makes you think a player as slow as Randolph could stay in front of him even if he gave him space? He'd literally have to play about 10 feet off of him to stay in front of him, and even Tyreke could hit jumpers that open.

And sure, highlight videos don't tell the whole story, but over 50% of Reke's shots are at the rim and less than 25% of those shots are assisted. That tells me that Tyreke can get to the rim by himself at will, and that's with 4 other defenders on the court besides the guy defending him that can help out once he gets into the lane. What do you thin would happen if a slow big man tried to guard him one on one with no help defense? If you watch him play, you will see that as well. The closest player to Tyreke in terms of makes at the rim is Lebron James, and almost half of his makes are assisted. You could argue that Tyreke Evans is the best driving guard and penetrator in the league as a rookie. His one on one game is ridiculous.
    Last edited by DerekRE_3; 03-31-2010 at 04:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    DerekRE 3 just get the **** out. i mean no one takes you seriously and i bet im the only one with enough balls in my shorts to tell you to **** off. you're not a good poster. go **** yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast