Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Greater Chance to Make the Hall of Fame - Pau Gasol or Manu Ginobili

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pau Gasol

35 52.24%
  • Manu Ginobili

32 47.76%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Greater Chance to Make the Hall of Fame - Pau Gasol or Manu Ginobili

Greater Chance to Make the Hall of Fame - Pau Gasol or Manu Ginobili
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

bro it's not even really close. Paul doesn't have all the injury history he might win 2-3 championships and his averages over his career will be like 18-20 pts and 10 rebs. Manu he came off the bench doesn't put up all-star numbers and will not have the stats that Gasol will plus Gasol might even have more playoff success and will be remebered as a legitimate star side-kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Miltown34 View Post
    bro it's not even really close. Paul doesn't have all the injury history he might win 2-3 championships and his averages over his career will be like 18-20 pts and 10 rebs. Manu he came off the bench doesn't put up all-star numbers and will not have the stats that Gasol will plus Gasol might even have more playoff success and will be remebered as a legitimate star side-kick.

not even close? Ginobili has won three championships (vs. the 2-3 championships Gasol *might* win) and the only reason Manu came off the bench is because he asked to come off the bench. Manu and Gasol are both international b-ball icons. When you think about it, Gasol has had only 2 relevant years

Gasol's stats really aren't that much better and also consider that Manu has played with Tony Parker and Tim Duncan, arguably the best PF of all time and Gasol played with nobody when the Grizzlies were a joke. Additionally, anybody who's watched Ginobili over his career knows that he does the little things, the intangibles that stats don't pick up that wins championships.

Gasol's career averages:
    19 pts 9 rbs 3.5 assists

Manu's career averages:
    15 pts 5 rebounds 3.5 assists 1.4 steals

It's def. debatable but to say it's "not even close?" Come on "Bro"
    Quote Originally Posted by clutchski View Post
    I don't mean to be offending or anything, but if Lebron goes the the Bobcats, I'll eat my own poop.

This is a tough one. And it's close. Gasol has the international success but so does Ginobili. They are both NBA champions. As of right now I would say Manu but his window is already closing. Gasol is 29 and has a couple years left to go. If the Lakers continue their success I will go with Gasol.

Free As Seagull.

I give the edge to Pau. He was doing this with Memphis for a while and was clearly the reason LA was able to win a ring.
    Manu is great, but at his position, he seems more suited to a #2 role where Pau doesn't have to be.

If as Kobe declines Pau starts to shift into the position of the Lakers 1b option, I think Pau will have the better shot of getting in ahead of Manu.

That said, I see Manu as HOF worthy. He's one of the few players that I like not in a Lakers uniform. All heart and competitive fire, injury plagued or not.

Their career averages and highlights make similar cases so far, but I think Gasol is on a better team now, and has better health prospects going forward. His future stats should be better-- and so I'm leaning toward the Spaniard.

Pau Gasol

"He ain't even stretch doe!" - D'Angelo Russell

Manu

I'll have to say Manu since he's played a more integral role on an annual contender for years

Manu...more rings and only player in history to win euro title, olympic gold, and NBA title.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    Manu...more rings and only player in history to win euro title, olympic gold, and NBA title.
    and there you have it. His NBA resume is better and his international resume is better.

Marc Gasol

Worthless question.

Both Make it at first ballot.
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by mikantsass View Post
    and there you have it. His NBA resume is better and his international resume is better.
    really?

Did Manu ever lead a team? and take them to playoffs?
    ]

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast