Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Greatest of all time not michael jordan?

I read this article (blog maybe i really don't know) and it was pretty interesting. According to it they were very comparible players

http://home.earthlink.net/~lnkn/birdjord.htm

If you look at the mvp's and championships jordan has the advantage, but he played in a far worse league than larry bird. In my oppinion Bird was the best ever. I think that the only reason Jordan is considered to be the best is because of the amount of publicity he got and he really had nobody close to him to compete with him. Thoughts?

Clearly Mike James, there I got it out of the way.

Jordan wasnt even the best SG for the bulls

TONI KUKOC
    Leave me alone

This would be posted by a Celtics fan

Official Edmunds/Vea Crew

there would be a lot of could be number 2's like russle,bird,magic, shaq, hakeem..... the list could go on and on. im just waitin for someone to say kobe, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    This would be posted by a Celtics fan
    No i agree with him. I think Bird is better.

Quote Originally Posted by celtisox41 View Post
    I read this article (blog maybe i really don't know) and it was pretty interesting. According to it they were very comparible players

http://home.earthlink.net/~lnkn/birdjord.htm

If you look at the mvp's and championships jordan has the advantage, but he played in a far worse league than larry bird. In my oppinion Bird was the best ever. I think that the only reason Jordan is considered to be the best is because of the amount of publicity he got and he really had nobody close to him to compete with him. Thoughts?

well i have to say celtisox that has to be the best, most unbiased opinion i ever heard......

take any NBA player that ever lived, have them go 1 on 1 with MJ both in their prime, and MJ will beat them. What makes him even better is he was a great team player who made everyone around him better as well so he was the best team and individual player. MJ= G.O.A.T

wait, i just read the little comparison...... to even put bird into jordans sentence is insane. even larry bird himself called michael the greatest basketball player he has ever see. even after the playoffs in 86, he said "it was like god disguised as michael jordan, i never thought anyone could do that to the celtics". come on man

The dude gives Jordan no credit whatsoever, ZOMG YOU WOULD THINK SOMEONE WITH AIR IN THEIR NAME WOULD GET MOAR BLOCKS! Blah blah blah.

As you see here Bird averaged less of a field goal percentage. But, thats all good cuz Jordan can Dunk.
    And Jordan barley had more blocks than him in more games, You would think someone with Air would get more blocks.
    Jordan avg.'d 7 more ppg, won twice the championships, oh and he's less of a player because he retired twice, it was 3 times btw idiot, remember when he played baseball?
    Birdman was good dont get me wrong....

But this guy is straight clownin.
    Last edited by Ezekial; 03-23-2010 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SchyGuy11 View Post
    he was the best team and individual player. MJ= G.O.A.T
    Jordan isnt even a top 15 team player of all time. He was never an amazing teamate and was only a really good one after his baseball haitus

Still Boston people are gonna dickride bird even thought he wasnt even the best celtic of all time
    Leave me alone

Whoever wrote this sounded very bias. They definitely favored Bird.

Nets
    Mets
    Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Tqafg96 View Post
    No i agree with him. I think Bird is better.
    I think the Yankees are a terrible organization.... May be my opinion, but the Yankees are the Cowboys of the MLB, everyone thinks their "America's team" but everyone I talk to hates the Cowboys and the Yankees, including myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Iodine View Post
    Jordan isnt even a top 15 team player of all time. He was never an amazing teamate and was only a really good one after his baseball haitus

Still Boston people are gonna dickride bird even thought he wasnt even the best celtic of all time
    he may have not have been the nicest team mate, but he made everyone better and play harder. you had to earn MJ's respect. he only rode the people who he thought was slacking. as the greatest competitor ever, you want your team mates to compete as hard as you compete

Kwame Brown > Michael Jordan

The Student surpassed the Master...

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast