Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Scratch Rudy Gay Off Your 2010 Wishlist... Heisley Will Match Any Offer!

Griz owner Michael Heisley told a group of season ticket holders that the team intends to match any offer Gay might receive as a restricted free agent this summer. Heisley spoke before the game at the team’s annual “State of the Franchise” Chalk Talk where season ticket holders could ask questions. ...

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...chicago-bulls/

If its been posted before my bad, I didn't remember seeing it..... It's still a pretty big deal though.

It hasn't exactly, but Grizz fans don't seem to be too optimistic about him returning if he's looking at 12-13 mil per

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    If its been posted before my bad, I didn't remember seeing it..... It's still a pretty big deal though.
    It was in the Griz forum so it's news to most everyone else.

...I don't think the owner will match if it's over 14-15 mil. Teams like NY and NJ might overpay for him.
    Or, Gay might play out another year and then become and UFA.

I think the owner will say that to appease fans too. Regardless of if it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by GodsSon View Post
    It hasn't exactly, but Grizz fans don't seem to be too optimistic about him returning if he's looking at 12-13 mil per

I don't know why they shouldn't be? They have next to the last lowest payroll in the NBA and will have plenty of money to offer. To me its a no brainer, especially with their success this year. That team can only get better.

Well im not gonna lie I wanted him if Wade/Lebron didnt work out, but he's damn near asking for a MAX contract by turning down a 13 mil which unless he turns into a 26 ppg type player he's not worth more then that.

Its Over.

I think that's bs, it will depend on the price tag, if it's 12+mil, I don't see them matching.

Super Bowl LIII: Los Angeles Rams vs Jacksonville Jaguars

Offer him enough money that if the Griz matches it, it will put them on tilt, that's if your team has enough money and really willing to take him.

I would have thought a question like this would be best addressed by someone other than the owner. At best, this announcement is dangerous. Teams were already rearing up to shoot max offers at Rudy (the CBA has been torn up because teams are spending far too much on FA's as it is) and this is license for even more teams to show interest. Also, wouldn't this announcement be better served coming from someone like Chris Wallace, isn't this a gaffe of sorts?

I think he's gonna get overpaid by some team so I dont see them matching. Dont waste good cap for a one dimesional player
    Miami Heat:......Fill the roster out with some decent signings

New Orleans Saints: 9-3
    First in NFC South. 3rd seed

Even if the Griz match any offer, after the superstars are off the market, there will still be teams left with available cap and without a free agent. The Clippers are a team that might take him.

I was hoping hed become a Clipper, **** this 2010 plan isnt going to work, we shouldve just kept Z-Bo

Saying it and doing it are two entirely different things in Heisley's world, sorry. His cheapness could easily kick in right around July 14

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Didn't Heisley also say he was not going to move the G's out of Vancouver when he took over the team?

I wouldn't put too much stock in his comments.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast