Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

ESPN: Ex-Wiz guard Dixon banned in Europe

MALAGA, Spain -- Former NBA player Juan Dixon has tested positive for the steroid nandrolone, his Spanish team Unicaja announced.

The player gave the drug test in Greece in November, before he joined the Malaga-based team, Unicaja said on its Web site.

Dixon was informed of the positive result several days ago and the International Basketball Federation decided to suspend him on Friday. His suspension is indefinite until further notice.

Dixon, who won an NCAA championship with Maryland in 2002, played for Washington, Portland, Toronto and Detroit in the NBA.
    Link- http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4911133

I wasn't sure if this story was posted but I found this very interesting. Has there ever been a player banned overseas for steroid use? Has a basketball player ever been busted for use of nandrolone (a anabolic steroid)? With this smudge on his career will Juan Dixon get to finish his career in the NBA?

https://twitter.com/#!/JohnnyTroubleLC
    Follow Me on Twitter -> @JohnnyTroubleLC [strictly comedy & my daily ramblings]

I didn't think he was coming back to the NBA even if he didn't get caught.
    I bet he did that to help him make a return though.
    Look good, get a contract, ride out the career.

I always liked him and thought a few teams could really use a guard like him this season. This is a blow to his career for sure... Whats left after Europe? Asia?

https://twitter.com/#!/JohnnyTroubleLC
    Follow Me on Twitter -> @JohnnyTroubleLC [strictly comedy & my daily ramblings]

All he has left is China or stay clean long enough that a NBA team will give you a chance. This is a career ending news though imo

Watching Dixon as a Raptor fan, he is the type of guard that there are too many of in this league. Give him the ball and he can score it quite well. Ask him to run the point and share it, and he can't. Too small to defend the two, so he can't really find a meaningful spot on a team. I kind of doubted he'd be back, even before this.

^this
    semi-Proud Supporter of your Toronto Raptors, i will always root for them regardless of mediocrity

Quote Originally Posted by JermanJaysFan View Post
    Watching Dixon as a Raptor fan, he is the type of guard that there are too many of in this league. Give him the ball and he can score it quite well. Ask him to run the point and share it, and he can't. Too small to defend the two, so he can't really find a meaningful spot on a team. I kind of doubted he'd be back, even before this.
    You nailed it pretty much. Plays a 2 in the body of a 1. He could be a decent filler though, solid mid range game but can't rely on his 3pters.

I knew he was caught and pretty much done in the NBA, but I didn't know he was suspended indefinitely in Europe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JermanJaysFan View Post
    He was one of the least efficiant guards on the planet

Time to bring out S. A. Smith to call this move racist or some ****
    Leave me alone

This is a month old...
    Dwight Howard is a Top 5 Center of All-Time, no one in this league can touch him.

The Orlando Magic are a dominant contender and are a better franchise than I ever thought possible.

Raph12 is always right.

11. 03-15-2010, 05:52 PM
    Reason
    Fake

Just another one of those combo guards that nobody wanted. He was one of Maryland's best players ever, too bad he didn't translate to the NBA.

This happend over a month ago.

I like him at Maryland. Hmph to bad.
    LA

Listen to Black Sabbath.