Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Perkins: Cavs better without Shaq

By: Jessica Camerato
    Print
    Comments (3)Kendrick Perkins believes the Cavaliers are a better team without Shaquille O'Neal, who has been sidelined since spraining his thumb against the Celtics on February 25. “In my opinion, I think they’re better,” Perkins said after practice on Saturday. “They can run more, you’ve got Anderson Varejao who’s more of an active body, he gets LeBron open a lot, opens up the paint for him, so I think they’re a better team. I mean obviously Shaq could help them, but I think they’re a better, more fast-paced team.” The Celtics will play the Cavs on Sunday in Cleveland.
    http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/th...r-without-shaq

Perk has a Point! The Cavs are Better with out the Shaq! any thoughts?

And also please note! there will not Be Celtic or Cavs Bashing on this thread and if there is i can have the mod delete your comment or Infract you for baiting
    Last edited by The SportsKing; 03-13-2010 at 07:13 PM.

AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    They only need Shaq for The Magic and LA

Quote Originally Posted by bigsams50 View Post
    true it makes them a even better team but right the Cavs are right now favorite to win the title even with out shaq

That's what Perkins wants us to think. They need Shaq indeed for the Magic and Lakers series, and might have to use him for the Celtics too.

Come on Shaq is the only guy that can give Howard problems but they might need more now thathe is getting a jumpshot

Well he's right. I think it was pretty obvious after Shaq left the game in the last cavs celtics game. Shaq can't defend the pick and roll thats why rondo was dominating that game until Shaq got hurt.

Props to Fly-Eagles-Fly for the Sig

might be true although in a 7 game series Shaq would punish night after night... I think the Cavs have shaq for the playoffs...but i agree it seems the Cavs are better when they can stretch things out and give LBJ room.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsams50 View Post
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by HouRealCoach View Post
    Come on Shaq is the only guy that can give Howard problems but they might need more now thathe is getting a jumpshot
    His jumpshot won't suddenly become consistent in the playoffs, that will take some time.

& Perkins just doesnt want to face LeBron, Jamison, Williams, & Shaq in the playoff

Quote Originally Posted by td0tsfinest View Post
    I agree.
    +2

And even then at this point in his career he's mainly a big body.

Kind of a Perkins with a lot more trophies and movie credits.

why is this in the nba forum? move to the cavs forum... and yeaa the cavs are better without shaq but they wont beat orlando without shaq and dont stand a chance against any team with a decent center without shaq...

#24 Kobe "The Black Mamba" Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by kArSoN RyDaH View Post
    and yeaa the cavs are better without shaq but they wont beat orlando without shaq and dont stand a chance against any team with a decent center without shaq...
    WTF???
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Hell no, he (Durant) is too humble of a player and I only like humble players.
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    He lost with HCA, while having 5 time champion Derek Fisher coming off the bench!
    PWND!

Quote Originally Posted by stawka View Post
    wtf???
    +2

Quote Originally Posted by kArSoN RyDaH View Post
    why is this in the nba forum? move to the cavs forum... and yeaa the cavs are better without shaq but they wont beat orlando without shaq and dont stand a chance against any team with a decent center without shaq...
    The Cavs lost to the Magic last year due to their inability to defend two 6'10 3 point shooters and Mo Williams' lack of offensive. Sure its great to have Shaq to body up against talented big men like Howard... After seeing the Lakers shut him down last year I think every team sees tossing big bodies at him limits Howard's effectiveness ( for now anyway), so it makes sense that Cavs wanted to get the biggest body for a playoff insurance policy... but if the role players disappear again, Shaq or no Shaq, then the Cavs will not win.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast