Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Even healthy Oden too slow to have been really good

When he hasn't been injured he's was alway getting into foul trouble because of his obvious lack of quickness and speed. He dominated college boys which had guys who think size is everything salivating, but he'll never be more than the new Dale Davis.

for what i've seen.. i don't like oden.. and yes, he is too slow! but he has played 82 games in 3 years.. i can't say he won't be a good player!!
    all i can say is that he has to work a lot! on his offensive game (because basically he doesn't have one) and how to use his big body!! sometimes i saw him just standing under the basket and "wating".. it's not college basketball where if u are tall and big somehow you can find a way to dominate the game.. (Oden and Thabeet both dominated defensively and look at them now.. it seems they don't know that to do)
    i think portland has to wait at least a couple of years to see if oden will be a good player!!

He'll hopefully stay healthy and develop into a allright player. Comparing him to Durant is ridiculous. Durant was always the right choice. He's now in the top five conversation, the MVP conversation, and the HOF conversation. GOAT, we'll have to wait and see. Dude's only 21. Oden's lack of speed doesn't make it in the NBA. It the brutal truth. He's a real good guy but the importance of speed in pro ball can't be overrated.

i think he looked really good this season until his injury.
    Look: 11 pts 8.5 boards 2.3 blks 60 % fg%
    really good numbers in just about 24 minutes a game, he just has to get down his fouls and he will be a really good big center, which we havent many in the league.

You guys really didn't watch him play in college, did you?
    76ers - Eagles - Flyers - Phillies
    Union

Please change your password to a bunch of random numbers and log off and never use the forgot my password function
    Leave me alone

Quote Originally Posted by Korman12 View Post
    That would require them to have effort
    Leave me alone

Quote Originally Posted by NortonMang View Post
    He'll hopefully stay healthy and develop into a allright player. Comparing him to Durant is ridiculous. Durant was always the right choice. He's now in the top five conversation, the MVP conversation, and the HOF conversation. GOAT, we'll have to wait and see. Dude's only 21. Oden's lack of speed doesn't make it in the NBA. It the brutal truth. He's a real good guy but the importance of speed in pro ball can't be overrated.
    Jeez, reaching a little?

I saw Durant play in college. It was obvious then he was a once in a generation player. Oden in college was, like he is now, big (where he could dominate against boys) and slow. Why you think he's always in foul trouble with Blazers? He got limited minutes cause he couldn't keep from fouling as guys continually out quicked him.

knew from day 1

Seriously? When did you start watching basketball, two years ago?

Durant has at least 10 more years of sustained excellence coupled with playoff success to crack the HOF. And I don't even know what he'd have to do to be considered the GOAT...

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Seriously? When did you start watching basketball, two years ago?

Durant has at least 10 more years of sustained excellence coupled with playoff success to crack the HOF. And I don't even know what he'd have to do to be considered the GOAT...
    Oh, you are so politically correct. I bet you thought Oden was a better choice when the Blazers took him over Durant. You don't know the game, but attack my credentials instead. I've been watching the game since before John Wooden took a Bruin team whose tallest player was six foot five Fred Slaughter to his first NCAA championship in 1964. Wooden taught that speed kill as does a lack thereof. Oden is a tribute to that immutable fact. You got no basketball vision, just politically correct dribble. If, even now you can't see Durant is a lock for the HOF as he is a brilliant scorer and makes a very young team much better through his example and leadership, it's your problem. Thunder are gonna win 50 plus this year. You think someone is giving them those wins? Mediocrity loves mediocrity and is totally threatened by brilliance. But then you know that.

Oh, you are so politically correct. I bet you thought Oden was a better choice when the Blazers took him over Durant. You don't know the game, but attack my credentials instead. I've been watching the game since before John Wooden took a Bruin team whose tallest player was six foot five Fred Slaughter to his first NCAA championship in 1964. Wooden taught that speed kill as does a lack thereof. Oden is a tribute to that immutable fact. You got no basketball vision, just politically correct dribble. If, even now you can't see Durant is a lock for the HOF as he is a brilliant scorer and makes a very young team much better through his example and leadership, it's your problem. Thunder are gonna win 50 plus this year. You think someone is giving them those wins? Mediocrity loves mediocrity and is totally threatened by brilliance. But then you know that.
    You must love you some you.

I'm gonna hold you to that statement. So if he dies tomorrow, he's a LOCK right?

I didn't mean to get you pissed off (it comes so easy to you, alcoholic maybe?), I was just pointing out saying "Durant is a HOF and possibly the GOAT" is pretty...

What's the word?

Stupid.

I watched kwame also!

both turned out total busts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast