Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dissapointed in Jets offseason

I thought the jets were gonna come out going crazy when they got cromarte but after him they stopped and lost Rhodes and Thomas Jones. I really think we got to make are offense better and give Sanchez more targets but it doesnt look like we are doing that. We shouldve kept Rhodes cuz all we got was a 4th and 7th and now we g2 waste are 1st rounder on a safety when we could be getting weapons on offense. And to top it all off i havent heard bout leon we dnt even no if he will recover from his injury. Here is what i think we have to do.
    RB- sign eather a Vet who could take some hits to keep Greene healthy like a Larry Johnson or draft someone in 2nd or 3rd
    WR- i think we just need one more solid target i love Cotchery and i like Braylon but i think we are missing a slot guy i would really love to get shippley from the draft or get someone like Coles
    Safety- i say **** drafting someone 1st round lets get Darren Sharper.. could u imagine Revis, Sharper,Leonhard, and Cromarte in the secondary..

jump the gun much?

we're barely a week into FA and we're still a month away from the draft... there's plenty of time for trader mike to work his magic and improve this team (something he's done nearly every offseason as GM of the jets). have some patience.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    jump the gun much?

we're barely a week into FA and we're still a month away from the draft... there's plenty of time for trader mike to work his magic and improve this team (something he's done nearly every offseason as GM of the jets). have some patience.
    I agree..A little too early to declare this a bad off-season plus the Draft is part of the off-season and anything can happen on draft day..M.R T knows what he's doing..have some patience as BroadwayJoe said.

!Tank the season for Cardale Jones!

patience... Mr. T wouldn't just get rid of TJ and Rhodes without a plan.

Don't listen to them...
    LA loves the boy.

are you kidding me? this so far has already been a real good offseason gettting cromartie..plus its been like a week into fa relaxx

KnicksR4Real
    ^^^^^Props to my man for this sick SIG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BelieveTheDream View Post
    are you kidding me? this so far has already been a real good offseason gettting cromartie..plus its been like a week into fa relaxx
    Agree!

"In Mr T We Trust"

The only thing that would bother me is if some team gets Leon without giving compensation (eg. the Niners putting a "poison pill" in Leon's deal). Otherwise in Tanny I trust.

Relax guys. Its so early. And we really havent gotten any worse. Rhodes is gone and thats one less headache, TJ was good but its time to hand over the reigns to Greene and Leon. Meanwhile we added Cromartie who I believe will thrive in this defense. Making the Rhodes loss a moot point.

Then in the draft we will definatly upgrade

I just heard LT is meeting with the Jets on friday if that means anything to u via schefter's twitter http://twitter.com/ADAM_SCHEFTER

Quote Originally Posted by jbader09 View Post
    I just heard LT is meeting with the Jets on friday if that means anything to u via schefter's twitter http://twitter.com/ADAM_SCHEFTER
    He has to get out of Minny first but thats interesting.... NFLN said he would fit best in our offense as opposed to Minny.

I dont know.

dont worry

Quote Originally Posted by JetsYanksDevils View Post
    I thought the jets were gonna come out going crazy when they got cromarte but after him they stopped and lost Rhodes and Thomas Jones. I really think we got to make are offense better and give Sanchez more targets but it doesnt look like we are doing that. We shouldve kept Rhodes cuz all we got was a 4th and 7th and now we g2 waste are 1st rounder on a safety when we could be getting weapons on offense. And to top it all off i havent heard bout leon we dnt even no if he will recover from his injury. Here is what i think we have to do.
    RB- sign eather a Vet who could take some hits to keep Greene healthy like a Larry Johnson or draft someone in 2nd or 3rd
    WR- i think we just need one more solid target i love Cotchery and i like Braylon but i think we are missing a slot guy i would really love to get shippley from the draft or get someone like Coles
    Safety- i say **** drafting someone 1st round lets get Darren Sharper.. could u imagine Revis, Sharper,Leonhard, and Cromarte in the secondary..
    you have to step back for a minute and look at the big picture here....first, its very early and the jets do have a plan, and a smart one....its pretty obvious that they are looking to collect picks, and i even think they hope someone signs leon to get another #2....
    The last few years the jets have traded away a ton of picks to move up in thin drafts to get quality of quantity. While it has worked out great to give us our foundation(sanchez,revis,harris,etc), it has left us lacking depth at key spots like OL,DL, and CB. This years draft is different, its very deep, and i have heard some people say very good players will be there in the 3rd, 4th, or even 5th rounds. I beleive the plan here is to use this draft to get much needed depth so the jets can be in the hunt not just for this year, but 5-7 years down the road. As much as I want to win this year, MR.T is also looking down the road, which is what all great GM's do.
    With all that being said, what did the jets really lose ???? a backup RB??? a saftey who was so bad he was benched last year??? The jets have very few holes, so they are being patient and are going to fill those spots with bargain players who can help this year.The only spota on both sides of the ball that need immediate are S,WR, DE, and maybe 3rd CB. Not bad to have 22-23 solid positions out of 26. IF u look at the jets right now, they are BETTER than the team they had a month ago, with alot more ammunition to get even better. You cant overspend on every little need, look at the giants last year, and the redskins every year.
    If the jets can add 2-3 starters through the draft this year, this team will be as solid as any team in football, while also add much needed depth for years to come. and if u look at MR.T's draft, 2-3 starters are almost a given, and I predict he will find at least 2 impact players for this year. I love what he is doing, and any jet fan should have alot of faith in this management.

I also believe you have to take into account all the restrictions the Jets have placed on them with getting in the final 4. I truly believe there are a few FA's that have signed with other teams that the Jets, if not restricted, would have easily been in on. I believe they would have had discussions with Julius Peppers no doubt if not restricted in what they could do; same goes with Karlos Dansby. I'm not saying either would sign, but there would have been discussions.
    Eichel Tower

cant happen

Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    The only thing that would bother me is if some team gets Leon without giving compensation (eg. the Niners putting a "poison pill" in Leon's deal). Otherwise in Tanny I trust.
    it is impossible for the jets to get no compensation. Its a 2nd round pick if leon gets signed, no matter how many pills get put in the offer. Anyway, I dont think the jets wanna match......i really think they hope someomne signs him bc they want the pic....thats why they tendered him at only a 2...they are daring teams to match

To address the Safety piece:
    - Sharper (whatever), if it happens great otherwise, I kind of feel good with Smith. Smith destroys people. We got Cromartie and Revis on the outside, forcing WR's to go in the middle to break free to get labeled by Smith....Who would want to do that?

OR, I also feel we could get Donte Whitner cheap from the Bills?

- Leon, we MAY be able to cop a 2nd rounder for him, until that is determined dont expect to hear much.

- Sign an LT for cheap, experience, plus good catching, plus can carry a load for when Shonn needs a break.

I have no worries about this offseason. I love it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    To address the Safety piece:
    - Sharper (whatever), if it happens great otherwise, I kind of feel good with Smith. Smith destroys people. We got Cromartie and Revis on the outside, forcing WR's to go in the middle to break free to get labeled by Smith....Who would want to do that?

OR, I also feel we could get Donte Whitner cheap from the Bills?

- Leon, we MAY be able to cop a 2nd rounder for him, until that is determined dont expect to hear much.

- Sign an LT for cheap, experience, plus good catching, plus can carry a load for when Shonn needs a break.

I have no worries about this offseason. I love it all.
    there's really only 3 options with leon:

1. we trade him for a 2nd rounder

2. we match an offer from another team and get him at that price

3. we get him at our 2nd round tender price for another year
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast