Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why not Marshall?

Since we've now covered a big defensive need and compliment to Revis, why not use our first round to grab Marshall from the broncos? Imagine it, he's our number 1 receiver with Edwards, Cotchery, Keller and Smith. Those 5 could potentially be an off the charts, explosive passing attack. Especially combined with our run game.
    Could we get a better player with our first round pick is the question?

I know you are new but before posting things like this make sure there are not existing threads on the topic...this will be merged into another thread as there is already a Marshall thread and you can find most peoples thoughts there

Love Marshall as a player, and i wouldnt hate it; But to answer the thread.

1.Have to give up a 1st rd pick
    2. Would lose braylon
    3. Likley going to lose one of mangold, dbrick, Revis (if you say" so there just lineman", keep in mind fanecas getting old, woodys getting old, and it would be a really hard moving foward needing to replace all those top notch lineman)

i know 1 and 2 will be looked at like well were upgrading, for a proven player, but its really just side things that add on to 3.... i know were in a postion to win now, but its riksy to gamble everything on one year.

I honestly think management may believe thay have already made the deal for our number 1. Minus some of those drops and we have a lot of big plays there. I just dont like the idea of moving Cotch to the 3 spot after all he has contributed. He is a solild WR.

personally if we can keep Braylon and get like a Dez Bryant or one of those top wideouts i would like that more so having those 3 wideouts then just cotch and marshall...it sucks though cause im a HUGE fan of marshall but giving up that first for him is tough...if we dont loose braylon i would love to do it

KnicksR4Real
    ^^^^^Props to my man for this sick SIG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by obcha22 View Post
    Since we've now covered a big defensive need and compliment to Revis, why not use our first round to grab Marshall from the broncos? Imagine it, he's our number 1 receiver with Edwards, Cotchery, Keller and Smith. Those 5 could potentially be an off the charts, explosive passing attack. Especially combined with our run game.
    Could we get a better player with our first round pick is the question?
    hey i like that thought and i think it would be dangerous to have him help in mark sanchez's development. if the jets were to add a true number one receiver, another pass rusher, and free safety(they already took the corner opposite of revis within cromartie) they will be one of the most balanced teams heading into the 2010 season. the only other receivers i would take instead of marshall if they were available would be dez bryant/arrellious benn because many mock drafts have said that these guys remind them of T.O. and imagine if mark had someone like a T.O. to throw to. there is also damian williams who was a great combo with sanchez in USC and there is a strong possibility of them reuniting in new york especially since they had that great chemistry. either of these choices would be great

Quote Originally Posted by BelieveTheDream View Post
    personally if we can keep Braylon and get like a Dez Bryant or one of those top wideouts i would like that more so having those 3 wideouts then just cotch and marshall...it sucks though cause im a HUGE fan of marshall but giving up that first for him is tough...if we dont loose braylon i would love to do it
    Dez Bryant is not falling to us. Do you mean trading up for him?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCrackar View Post

2. Would lose braylon
    3. Likley going to lose one of mangold, dbrick, Revis (if you say" so there just lineman", keep in mind fanecas getting old, woodys getting old, and it would be a really hard moving foward needing to replace all those top notch lineman)

i know 1 and 2 will be looked at like well were upgrading, for a proven player, but its really just side things that add on to 3.... i know were in a postion to win now, but its riksy to gamble everything on one year.
    What the? Why would you lose Braylon? He would be the #2 receiver. Number 3 just makes no sense at all. Why in the world would trading for a WR cause you to lose a lineman in an uncapped year? Even your first point might be wrong. John Clayton reported the 1st round tender is just a starting point for trade negotiations and he probably will be traded for less than a 1st

Jets have to try and make this happen!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up jetsguy. Its my first one and i didn't see how to check threads until just now.

With that said... 1978jets, i agree. Why would we lose Edwards? Or anyone else you mentioned in an uncapped year? And edwards although dynamic, can be unreliable which is why i don't think you can even say that Cotchery drops to the 3 spot. I agree mikefrommars. Cotchery is solid, tough and clutch. I actually think having Marshall and edwards on the outside will open up a ton of chances for Cotchery to make plays.
    But I didn't think of what Provider said about Marshall and Sanchez's development. That might be true, but hopefully he could handle it. And if we can get williams for a reunion, that would be sick.

2. Would lose braylon

???, what are you saying. I have read posts of yours in the past and most of the time I agree with things you say but respectivly you dont know what your talking about on points 2 and 3. Now this is just my opinion.

- You would definatly have to give up your #1 pick but even if you had your choice of WR in the draft whats to say hes going to be better than Marshall over there career and there's no way hes better then him next season. This team is built to win now and imo there isnt a better WR in the NFL or Draft available. Its worth the Pick.
    - Why would we lose Braylon? With an uncapped year the Jets could easily work out a top heavy contract to work both Edwards and Marshall into the Jets plans for the future. Then with the both of them It might be tough finding a better 1 and 2 tandem. Great to bring Sanchez along. Obviously there are other teams with great WR duo's but they would definatly be at the top of any list.
    - This where you completely lost me, why would we lose on of Revis, Brick or Mangold? Going back to the uncapped year Mr. T is gonna do what ever it takes to keep this group together. Either way its not something they would have to worry about this year, I believe there all under contract. With the other guys Im just not gonna go into that because either way there all under contract for next season I believe. Since were a win now type of team Im sure they will worry about that after they find out if there is a lockout or not. Its a business, guys will get released hopefull there will be a guy ready to step in to take the place.
    I dont mean to disect your post but I just felt diffently. Then again this could all be a waste if they dont trade for Marshall.
    Last edited by Yankee Lifer; 03-05-2010 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Lifer View Post
    ???, what are you saying. I have read posts of yours in the past and most of the time I agree with things you say but respectivly you dont know what your talking about on points 2 and 3. Now this is just my opinion.

- You would definatly have to give up your #1 pick but even if you had your choice of WR in the draft whats to say hes going to be better than Marshall over there career and there's no way hes better then him next season. This team is built to win now and imo there isnt a better WR in the NFL or Draft available. Its worth the Pick.
    - Why would we lose Braylon? With an uncapped year the Jets could easily work out a top heavy contract to work both Edwards and Marshall into the Jets plans for the future. Then with the both of them It might be tough finding a better 1 and 2 tandem. Great to bring Sanchez along. Obviously there are other teams with great WR duo's but they would definatly be at the top of any list.
    - This where you completely lost me, why would we lose on of Revis, Brick or Mangold? Going back to the uncapped year Mr. T is gonna do what ever it takes to keep this group together. Either way its not something they would have to worry about this year, I believe there all under contract. With the other guys Im just not gonna go into that because either way there all under contract for next season I believe. Since were a win now type of team Im sure they will worry about that after they find out if there is a lockout or not. Its a business, guys will get released hopefull there will be a guy ready to step in to take the place.
    I dont mean to disect your post but I just felt diffently. Then again this could all be a waste if they dont trade for Marshall.
    the main point was if we sign marshall were going to have to give him a big contract. Yea its an uncapped year, this year but the type of contract marshall is going to command is a heavy investment, that goes further than jsut this year. I just dont see how its possible to sign Marshall while locking up dbirck, revis, mangold, and harris

Point 1 didnt really make any sense i guess, but what i meant is where not going to be able to keep braylon, cotchery and marshall (thats too much money invested in WR's). Not that marshall isnt better, but i think braylon is gonna be a lot cheaper to lock up, which gives us money to lock up dbrick, mangold, revis, and harris.

Id rather sign Braylon, keep our 1st round pick, and use the difference in money between marshall and edwards to lock up our guys than investing everything into one year. obviously the difference wont lock up all those guys, but like i said before i dont see how we could give marsdhall a contract(might command to be the highest paid) and keeping all of our guys.

Thus i like Braylon, 1st rd pick, avoid losing one of (harris, mangold, dbrick, revis) > greater than investing everything into this year for marshall

Either way its irrelevant because i doubt where getting marshall, looks like seattle is willing to part ways with one of there much lower 1st rd picks, so 1978 the starting point is a 1st rd pick, but its not going to go down its going to up
    Last edited by CrazyCrackar; 03-05-2010 at 07:28 PM.

Looks like Marshall is Seattle bound. Dammit.

the main point was if we sign marshall were going to have to give him a big contract. Yea its an uncapped year, this year but the type of contract marshall is going to command is a heavy investment, that goes further than jsut this year. I just dont see how its possible to sign Marshall while locking up dbirck, revis, mangold, and harris

Point 1 didnt really make any sense i guess, but what i meant is where not going to be able to keep braylon, cotchery and marshall (thats too much money invested in WR's). Not that marshall isnt better, but i think braylon is gonna be a lot cheaper to lock up, which gives us money to lock up dbrick, mangold, revis, and harris.

Id rather sign Braylon, keep our 1st round pick, and use the difference in money between marshall and edwards to lock up our guys than investing everything into one year. obviously the difference wont lock up all those guys, but like i said before i dont see how we could give marsdhall a contract(might command to be the highest paid) and keeping all of our guys.

Thus i like Braylon, 1st rd pick, avoid losing one of (harris, mangold, dbrick, revis) > greater than investing everything into this year for marshall

Either way its irrelevant because i doubt where getting marshall, looks like seattle is willing to part ways with one of there much lower 1st rd picks, so 1978 the starting point is a 1st rd pick, but its not going to go down its going to up
    I guess I kinda understand your point better now. Even though most likely Marshall wont become a Jet if I had a choice of Edwards and Marshall I choose Marshall as well. I would rather spend the high price tag for Marshall because you know what your getting. Mr. T has for the most part done a great job drafting but the last thing you want to do is give out another contract like Gholston's to a WR that has a high upside if he plays to his potential. At the number were drafting unless we move up its gona be tough to get a WR that has a great shot of turning into a stud if they even decide to go that route. Then again what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Lifer View Post
    I guess I kinda understand your point better now. Even though most likely Marshall wont become a Jet if I had a choice of Edwards and Marshall I choose Marshall as well. I would rather spend the high price tag for Marshall because you know what your getting. Mr. T has for the most part done a great job drafting but the last thing you want to do is give out another contract like Gholston's to a WR that has a high upside if he plays to his potential. At the number were drafting unless we move up its gona be tough to get a WR that has a great shot of turning into a stud if they even decide to go that route. Then again what do I know.
    Yea i have tremendous faith in Mr.T i just think the task of managing all those big contracts wouldve been pretty difficult. In my original post i said i wouldnt mind the deal; was just trying to give an objective answer to the question....but yea looks like its over with.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast