Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The curious case of the L.A Lakers!!! Jackson calls Gasol "weak and sickly"

Bynum Quote:
    I think everybody’s angry, but we’re not angry at the right things, We might be angry with each other. So that’s not always that great.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_y...gid=2010030530

Phil Jackson Quote:
    I really don't like to talk about that aspect of a person's game ... other than the fact that he's been weak and sickly,"

Is the bottom falling out of the Lakers....or is this just a bump in the road to a repeat. History shows teams with this kinda chemistry have a collosal collapse either in the 1st or 2nd round or get embarrased in conference finals of the Play-Offs....but in a Lebron era, we are all witness.

Very misleading title. The Lakers are fine.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Very misleading title. The Lakers are fine.
    Lakers fans, Bynum and Coach Jackson will say otherwise. The Heat was just fine till they got embarrased by the Bulls.

Well, Pau Gasol is weak but this is just a bump in the road. Charlotte is a tough team to play on the back end of a back to back. Lets see what happens Sunday against Orlando before we start panic mode.

One game they get their *** wooped. No big deal. At least it wasn't the Nets.

Quote Originally Posted by td0tsfinest View Post
    Are you baiting the Celtics, Bulls, Bobcats and Knicks?

The season is 82 games long for a reason. Things are never as good as they seem on a long winning streak and never as bad as they seem during a rut. And when you're the Lakers, a rut is what, losing 3 in 10 games?

The LA Lakers are the odds favourite to repeat this year and as long as they are healthy come playoffs they become virtually impossible to beat. They need to tweak things, no big deal. They're still going to run the triangle offense and score more points than their opponents with almost shocking frequency.

And before the homerism comments start, I'm a Raptors fan and this may be the first thing I've ever positively posted about the Lakers. That said, I'm realistic.
    Originally posted by BigDaddyQH

The days of you Liberals hiding behind "missing link" are now OVER...Either you accept what I say as true, and answer the question, whiich has nothing to do with politics, or you do not accept what I say and do not bother posting. It is real simple. No other answer will be tolerated in my posts. Those days are OVER. As of NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by fairandbalanced View Post
    Are you baiting the Celtics, Bulls, Bobcats and Knicks?
    not at all. Just I think it should be a bigger concern if the Lakers did lose the Nets.

Losing to the Bobcats doesn't really shock me, considering the Cats play well against these types of teams. They beat Cavs 3 times this year. They've beat the Suns twice, the spurs and the Nuggets.

Gasol has been playing weaker than ever lately! have you guys seen some Laker games as of late? its ridiculous.

Free As Seagull.

The Lakers are going to lose their #1 seed if Gasol continues to play weak.
    I am in favor of cutting taxes under any circumstances and for any excuse, for any reason, whenever it's possible.

Milton Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by MacFitz92 View Post
    The Lakers are going to lose their #1 seed if Gasol continues to play weak.
    I wouldn't be surprised. Bynum seems to be learning some of Gasols habits as well the past couple of games.

Free As Seagull.

A Pau is weak thread??

Didnt we discuss this at length when the C's won it all?

Whats changed? He wasnt any stronger last year. Hes a 7 ft weak *** lama look-a-like

As a Lakers/Knicks fan... LA is annoying sometimes. But they've done this before when Shaq was there. I remember after winning a ring in 2000 with a record of 67-15, in 2001 they were 56-26, and didnt' seem like they'd repeat. So really, once playoffs start LA will pick it up, if you've watched them throughout the year they've been cocky and sooo lazy. I'm hoping they pick it up in the last 10-15 games cause they've been playing terrible for a while now. I'm not actually worried cause i'm pretty sure they'll pick it up in the playoffs, and honestly HCA isn't a real need for this team, its funny cause in the playoffs LAseem to always play better on the road, especially Kobe. Like last year for instance, LA wins a big game 4 in Utah, game 3 in Houston, games 3 and 6 in a hostile Pepsi centre (Denver), and games 4 and 5 in Orlando. This team almost needs adversity to play well, and I like other Lakers fans find it annoying during the season, but at the same time I think they'll be fine throughout the postseason, they've got the vets to say "lets pick it up now", and Phil gets more intense in the playoffs and isn't afraid to shakeup the lineups here and there. Overall LA will be fine, and really in the west LA is still IMO going to be one of the toughest teams to beat 4 times in a week, cause they adapt so well to the way teams play in the playoffs, and that mostly on Phil for picking it up. Dallas and Denver have shots of dethroning them in the west, so we'll see what happens in the playoffs. I do know the WCP are gonna be unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by td0tsfinest View Post
    Yeah it was a back to back too off of an overtime game in Miami. In reality I kinda expected this, Charlotte always plays well against us too, props to them.

15. 03-06-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Yeah it was a back to back too off of an overtime game in Miami. In reality I kinda expected this, Charlotte always plays well against us too, props to them.
    Yeah but it wasn't all about the Bobcats game. Gasol has just been weaker than ever the past couple of games. I swear, Artest should just whoop that *** in the locker room

Free As Seagull.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast