Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    ^^^^what about Harris and Wilfork on the Line??
    Here's a to our starting SG. Way to go Thibs, what a great decision to go with him over TMac.... By the way, how much you want to bet he missed this shot?

db75 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxplicit69 View Post
    ^^^^what about Harris and Wilfork on the Line??
    What about them? It'd be a beautiful compliment. But, it's not happening.

t harris should have been cut a long time ago.he will never be the tommy of old because of his injuries.He doesnt practice and he has bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by debo0775 View Post
    What about them? It'd be a beautiful compliment. But, it's not happening.
    I know that, but it was just a sugestion. Also, Wilfork and Tommy Harris cant really be compared cuz Wilfork is a true NT where Harris is a true 3technique tackle, (would be a DE in a 3-4). If ppl were going to compare anybody to Wilfork it would be Harrison or Anthony Adams.
    Here's a to our starting SG. Way to go Thibs, what a great decision to go with him over TMac.... By the way, how much you want to bet he missed this shot?

db75 Guest
    I'm not comparing them. I'm saying in the system we run, keeping a player like Tommie makes more sense than keeping a player like Vince.

Quote Originally Posted by THE CARGINATOR View Post
    t harris should have been cut a long time ago.he will never be the tommy of old because of his injuries.He doesnt practice and he has bad attitude.
    By the way, like i posted earlier, the Defense sucked when his attitude was bad but more importantly.............TO EVERYONE THAT FEELS HARRIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN CUT....WHO WOULD HAD TOOK HIS PLACE FOR ALL I REPEAT ALL 16GMS???:CONFUSED: ......... still waiting...... did you remember the couple of games Harris didnt play plus the Arizonia gm how bad the DL was??

Now imagine a line with Brown, harris, maybe harrison, and Peppers....

now imagine it with Brown, melton/gilbert/idoniji/adams, Harrison, and Peppers..... then you would see what a waste of money it would be to get peppers with this option.

okay no matter what anybody says when healthy he is a bad motha you know what.

so if we sign julius peppers we keep tommie and here is why.

julius peppers is a great pass rusher he plays LE and tommie plays DT. and julius can help tommie revibe his career. with peppers rushing the left side it will force the qb to step up in the pocket. so therefore timmie plays right above the center. so with hiim rushing the qb the qb will step up in the pocket and there yah go tommie with the sack.

and w.e ppl say he wont be released

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by BearDown 28 View Post
    [/B]

I'm guessing that's why your not an NFL coach or evaluater. The cover 2 scheme relies on smaller faster defensive linemen who can put pressure on the quarterback. Harris fit that need when we drafted him and wilfork was projected as a 3-4 nose tackle. Some one who could control the line of scrimmage with his size and strength. That's why we drafted Harris and new England drafted wilfork. It's the scheme. The bears scheme isn't flawed the defensive line just hasn't really produced since Rivera and those other defensive coaches were released after the superbowl year.

That's just my take on it. Don't get me wrong wilfork is a fantastic player and I would love him in Chicago. I'm just explaining why the bears went with Harris over wilfork.
    IDK, I think that Wilfork would e fine next to Harris

However, You are correct on the smaller linemen part, well, IDK about smaller, just faster pass rushers.

Personly, I would love to line up Gilbert next to Harris, I know we wouldnt be good in the run game, but our LB core, even when injured, Is good enough IMO to stop the run. and especaily if we can get a player like Otogwe or other FS good in Run suport, especilay when Afalava is more of a fast LB than Safty

Briggs Urlacher Pisa Afalava and a big time FS we would IMO be fine in Run suport.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by CHI CITY FAN 93 View Post
    okay no matter what anybody says when healthy he is a bad motha you know what.

so if we sign julius peppers we keep tommie and here is why.

julius peppers is a great pass rusher he plays LE and tommie plays DT. and julius can help tommie revibe his career. with peppers rushing the left side it will force the qb to step up in the pocket. so therefore timmie plays right above the center. so with hiim rushing the qb the qb will step up in the pocket and there yah go tommie with the sack.

and w.e ppl say he wont be released
    Ill post it again, DE are blocked by OT and RB/FBs

The fact that we get a DE doesnt change the fact that Harris will be doubled by both a guard and Center. we need a DT who can beat a OG one on one consistantly. when Harris takes on a double.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    The fact that we get a DE doesnt change the fact that Harris will be doubled by both a guard and Center. we need a DT who can beat a OG one on one consistantly. when Harris takes on a double.
    That isn't exactly true. If we got peppers, he'd be getting doubled by a Tackle and also a Guard that pulls around to the side of the tackle to help him along with the TE as well sometimes. Most of the time they are blocks by RB's or FB though if the tackle misses their block or gets burned.

I hope TH isn't released because if he is we lose our best Dlineman which isn't saying much but it definitely doesn't make us better by releasing him. Sure he hasn't been worth the money we signed him to but if we bring in a bit of help, I think we will see more flashes of the great old TH.

Quote Originally Posted by stlfan544 View Post
    That isn't exactly true. If we got peppers, he'd be getting doubled by a Tackle and also a Guard that pulls around to the side of the tackle to help him along with the TE as well sometimes. Most of the time they are blocks by RB's or FB though if the tackle misses their block or gets burned.

I hope TH isn't released because if he is we lose our best Dlineman which isn't saying much but it definitely doesn't make us better by releasing him. Sure he hasn't been worth the money we signed him to but if we bring in a bit of help, I think we will see more flashes of the great old TH.
    WE are talking about pass rush, and Ive never seen a team stupid enough to pull a guard in pass rush situations

I just think getting a DT that can break a double team as oposed to Adams would realy help our pass rush

-Rem Koolhaas

We really don't know what we have with any of our guys like Gilbert and Melton at DT allthough I wouldn't want Gilbert starting at DT next to tommie. I wouldn't mind seeing Harrison get the job again. Maybe draft a DT in the 4th round?

Quote Originally Posted by stlfan544 View Post
    We really don't know what we have with any of our guys like Gilbert and Melton at DT allthough I wouldn't want Gilbert starting at DT next to tommie. I wouldn't mind seeing Harrison get the job again. Maybe draft a DT in the 4th round?
    4th round DT just seems irelivant to me. sure they could be good, but its unlikely,

if we can adress DE and FS in FA, maybe CB Danta as well, I would love to draft a pass rushing DT, at least get Adams out of the starting Linup, he cant get a sack one on one for ****, at least Harrison has potential to be a pass rusher.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post

This isn't true. In any basic pass blocking scheme the RB's pass blocking responsibility is to work from the inside out. Also, Tommie plays 3-Tech he is naturally not going to draw many double teams due to his alignment and if he does it will probably be from a RB. Someone like Peppers forces a RB in pass blocking to work outside in.

I love watching Fat Adams play but don't want him starting at DT at all. I would want Marcus Harrison starting next to TH, which i think is what will happen as long as he doesn't come into camp really out of shape like some players have done in the past. What I mean is that he did do that last year I believe and smith was pissed about it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast