Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The ChILL View Post
    I am probably just grasping at straws here, but if the Patriots are hesitant to give Vince Wilfork a hefty extension would it be possible to swap the two players. I assume Tommie got a lot of upfront money so the Patriots wouldn't be on the hook for that and would still have him under contract for an additional 3 years. I really have no idea what the yearly contract breakdown is so I could be way off.
    def would love to have Wilfork over Harris, wish we would have drafted him anyways
    Trick or Treat

Who is this Neal Hayes guy and how the in the blue hell did he get this job?

Quote Originally Posted by VJ18 View Post
    def would love to have Wilfork over Harris, wish we would have drafted him anyways
    Harris was the better draft pick. Not JA's fault Harris was injured the way he was.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonlamana View Post
    Harris was the better draft pick. Not JA's fault Harris was injured the way he was.
    no no no wilfork is a beast and way better then harris! Harris is too small to play cover 2 in my eyes
    Trick or Treat

no no no wilfork is a beast and way better then harris! Harris is too small to play cover 2 in my eyes
    Harris was a great player he just isn't the same anymore though. His work ethic and inability to stay healthy has been his downfall as of late.

I don't think you watched him when he was healthy. He was a top 2-3 DT.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by brandonlamana View Post
    I don't think you watched him when he was healthy. He was a top 2-3 DT.
    ive watched him plenty, the reason he looked good was cuz brown and ogly were taking the double team or pressure... im not saying harris isnt good, but wilfork is the better player here... sorry but its true... we need a set of Williams brothers here not short fat little mushrooms
    Trick or Treat

at whoever thought this up. This is a great idea let's cut our best DL at the most important position in Lovie's D. He was one of the best 3-Techs in the business before his injury and showed flashes last season of getting back to that level.

ive watched him plenty, the reason he looked good was cuz brown and ogly were taking the double team or pressure... im not saying harris isnt good, but wilfork is the better player now... sorry but its true... we need a set of Williams brothers here not short fat little mushrooms
    fixed

Click here to register!

I doubt he gets released. He's still our best option at DT and it's an important position in this defense.

Quote Originally Posted by debo0775 View Post
    I swear most of the Chicago sports/beat writers are mentally challenged.
    Double that.

Harris played well the last couple of games and still commands attention. Unless you can trade him for a first or second without having to eat part of the salary its a dumb deal. You want to cut someone start with Vasher. I think Harris and Urlacher are not what they use to be but add some help like Peppers, Rolle, Dansbury and they don't have to be.

Its super annoying when "professional writers" don't spend any time doing reseach. I love the Bears I try to know as much as I can about the team, I could give a nut to have a job writing about them.

But this is a case of a guy not doing research yeah hes due a 2.5 bonus but is base salary is 1.2 million. His contract was front loaded so hes cheap the next couple of years he has left.

I think Harris will return to a pro bowler before his careers over. With that said coming out of the draft I thought given his size 295 (small for a DT) he would have some injury problems. But hes still 26 which people forget he came in the league at 20 I believe. I think there is plenty of time to turn his career around. And given his deal now he will want to get a new deal.

db75 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ry31walsh View Post
    Its super annoying when "professional writers" don't spend any time doing reseach. I love the Bears I try to know as much as I can about the team, I could give a nut to have a job writing about them.

But this is a case of a guy not doing research yeah hes due a 2.5 bonus but is base salary is 1.2 million. His contract was front loaded so hes cheap the next couple of years he has left.

I think Harris will return to a pro bowler before his careers over. With that said coming out of the draft I thought given his size 295 (small for a DT) he would have some injury problems. But hes still 26 which people forget he came in the league at 20 I believe. I think there is plenty of time to turn his career around. And given his deal now he will want to get a new deal.
    x2. He's a tad small for DT, but given he's a 3 techniquer, it doesn't bother me too much. 10-15 lbs might help him, but it'll hurt his speed...but, if he doesn't get that speed back, he might want to consider putting on extra muscle.

Even still, he's much more of an asset to this team than not. And getting Wilfork is a risky, risky move - he's great in the 3-4, but as a 4-3 NT? Not so sure.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    HE doesnt practice, he hasnt produced in 3 years, and I beleive he is our highest paid player, if not top 5, And as far as Im concered, even Gilbert could have 2.5 sacks in a season

He IMo is just lazy, now, could we trade him, I dont think so either, a team would hapily pick him up, but not at what he is making now.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Theres no way anyone in their right mind would release Tommie Harris, If they didnt want him on the team I would think they would trade him for at worst a second round pick

If you just release him you wouldnt even be compinsated with a 7th round pick. Thats just dumb.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast