Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

SportsGather: The Cards will take a 3rd for Boldin.....

http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle...81474978082796

According to reports most recently surfacing on profootballtalk.com, the Arizona Cardinals appear to have set a price for star wide receiver Anquan Boldin. The reports indicate the team would entertain a trade for a third round pick in April's draft.

Boldin, vocal over the past two years about wanting out of Arizona, posted 84 catches for 1,024 yards and four touchdowns in 2009. It's been difficult to tell if Boldin really wants out of Arizona, a team that made the Super Bowl in 2008 and the playoffs again in 2009, or just wants to be paid what he believes he's worth.

Therein lies the rub.

Getting Boldin may not be the issue. Keeping him for an extended period of time might be a different story. Boldin turns 30 in October, the age that is considered to be the beginning of the end for NFL receivers. He'll expect first receiver pay for an extended number of years. Such a contract may be prohibitive to most franchises, especially given the uncertainty of a future collective bargaining agreement.

Boldin also carries the 'diva' tag for his past antics. He has publicly criticised his team for not appreciating him enough, which is generally considered the first great player sin among any well-run organization.

The question remains, who will be among his potential suitors?
    Here's a to our starting SG. Way to go Thibs, what a great decision to go with him over TMac.... By the way, how much you want to bet he missed this shot?

3rd Round Pick? That's it? Go for it!

why do i have the feeling that when they get paid they will just run around in circles like *****? i mean it seems 30+ of age is when players die off
    Trick or Treat

SIGN HIM ASAP!!!! SIGN HIM NOW!!!! I don't care what everyone says about not needing a WR or Boldin's health... Boldin would be AWESOME!!! SIGN HIM PLEASE!!! ray:

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin13 View Post
    SIGN HIM ASAP!!!! SIGN HIM NOW!!!! I don't care what everyone says about not needing a WR or Boldin's health... Boldin would be AWESOME!!! SIGN HIM PLEASE!!! ray:
    I'm gonna have to agree. Especially because it will be extremely difficult and costly to get marshall, and is almost impossible. BOLDIN! BOLDIN! BOLDIN! GUYS A BEASTIE! GO GET BOLDIN!!

Have to go for it. Offer up our third and a late rounder if we have to.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I agree, go get him
    Im gonna come at you like a spider monkey!

Sounds good to me. You get a top notch wr who has atleast 2 more good years in him... Starters would be Boldin, Aromashadu, Knox. The best 3 wr's i think ive ever seen the bears have.

Normally I would say yes in a heartbeat, but this team has several holes to fill and no 1st or 2nd round pick. That 3rd round pick is pretty important.

We need defense with that pick, basically a safety if available. With Martz's playbook, who is to say that he would even flourish with it?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog312 View Post
    Normally I would say yes in a heartbeat, but this team has several holes to fill and no 1st or 2nd round pick. That 3rd round pick is pretty important.
    So we draft an already great WR that is likely a future hall of famer. Great pick.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonlamana View Post
    Have to go for it. Offer up our third and a late rounder if we have to.
    Why would you offer more when the tender is only a 3rd?

All we'd have to do is sign him to an offer sheet and if he agrees then we surrender our 3rd to the Cards. We're no obligated to give up anything more.

As good as Boldin is, I think I'd pass since we have more pressing needs than WR right now.

If we were to do something like this, than we gotta get some picks in return for someone like Hester/Olsen/Bennett. Keep our WR's as Boldin/Aroma/Knox/Iglesias/Late round pick.

Is Miles Austin tendered? I know the Boys didn't put the franchise tag on him..

Quote Originally Posted by Ztesch View Post
    Sounds good to me. You get a top notch wr who has atleast 2 more good years in him... Starters would be Boldin, Aromashadu, Knox. The best 3 wr's i think ive ever seen the bears have.
    I actually would prefer a rotation with Bennett.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast